12/12 from seed to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoddess

Reaction score
harvest. this is how i grow my cannibus...only reason i do it this way is because i dont have 2 separate rooms for growing. i have a flouro area for seedlings, and when they outgrow that, a 400w HPS. both areas are in the same room. i wonder if anybody else grows this way and how its going for you.:D

Hello greengoddess i think youll have tighter bud sites if you use one room with 24/0 then cut the lights to 12/12 after 8 weeks for flowering ...I dont think it really matters if you dont have 2 rooms IMO unless you which to have a continual supply . Cutting back to 12/12 will encourage faster bud development and also offer you tighternode spacing. Peace and all the best... Maybe a smaller vege cab may be something to consider when 12/12 kicks off ..Err whats happened to all of my posts ??

I tried it, but was really disappointed with the small yield of the plants. I found that I could get 2-4 times the yield with a 4-5 week veg time.

I started with a little veg box in my flowering room, but soon set up a veg space in one of my closets. It is 2 x 4 x 4 and I use T5 fluoro tubes for vegging. They stay quite cool and do a great job.

in several of my past grows i used one room. i let them go for 6 to 8 weeks then flipped to 12/12. however i used a 400w MH and 2 150w HPS during veg and flowering. seemed to work pretty good. but its always nice to have a small area for clones or seedlings

I do this now, I run cfls for seedling stage and when they can handle the hps I flip that on run it all on 24/0, then when they are ready to flower lights go to 12/12, works for me that way

I've gone mainly natural light now that I have the greenhouse, and since I'm in a subtropical zone that means mainly 12-12 from seed.

This last time it was the Xmas grow. I got about 2.5 oz per plant. If I veg for 4 or 5 weeks I can get 4 oz per plant.

However. . . 2.5 in 10 weeks = .25/week. 4 in 14 weeks = 0.28/week. That's only a 12% increase in yield per week. We need to take time into account as well as harvest weight.

greengoddess said:
harvest. this is how i grow my cannibus...only reason i do it this way is because i dont have 2 separate rooms for growing. i have a flouro area for seedlings, and when they outgrow that, a 400w HPS. both areas are in the same room. i wonder if anybody else grows this way and how its going for you.:D

No reason not to. The plant wont flower until it's mature, anyway, so once it mature under 12/12, it naturally starts to flower. However, your plants will never be very big. No problem with that either, if you like a SOG with a lot of small plants.

However, IF you want, you could build a room-within-a-room right in your current space by getting 3 sheets of insulation board from Home Depot or Lowes. This stuff is great--comes in 4X8 sheets, is about 1/2 inch thick and is made of styrofoam, so it weighs practically nothing. Cut two of them in half and bren each one into an "L" shape, then tape them together with duct tape to make a square. Then cut the last piece to make a top-- I dont knwo what kind of light you use for Vegging, but there's no problem putting compact Flos inside. Leave the top OFF except when it's time to turn the light OFF for the flowering plants.

Lass

I like to keep moms and run from clone....faster turn over time and I know the pheno I am dealing with which helps a lot....i think everyone with the room shld keep at least one mom and see for themselves how sweet it is.

Jmo

Sorry to hijack the thread, but a question for Hamster Lewis. Approx how long does it take in days from taking a cutting for a clone to a fully rooted clone ready for the veg box?

I'm going to start cloning on my next grow, but I don't want my rooms empty waiting for my clones if I mess up the timing.

Thanks. :eek:

gchristo said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but a question for Hamster Lewis. Approx how long does it take in days from taking a cutting for a clone to a fully rooted clone ready for the veg box?

I'm going to start cloning on my next grow, but I don't want my rooms empty waiting for my clones if I mess up the timing.

Thanks. :eek:

Seems strain and conditions related to me....I have had clones throw roots in as lil as 6 days...and others have taken upwards of two weeks...on average I seem to get them around 10 days. Let me just say also that showing roots and being ready for veg is two different things. If you pull them too early from the clone dome and the roots are not long enough you will most likely still need to dome them or the will wilt....when I first move them to dirt I like to put a clear cup that has been misted for at least the first day and then I will remove it and check them often...if they wilt then mist the cup/dome and put it back on them they shld perk back up....jmo

HL, I'm going to use 10 days as a guide.

Once again, thanks.

This site is marvelous. Nice folks, with a ton of knowledge. Keep up the good work.

Cheers. :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back