18 grape apes, hydro, SOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toke@smoke420 said:
yumm yumm hydroponics, cant wait to get my setup up and running... and no fungi gnats!! so is growin dro easier then soil or harder in your opinion?
howdy toke, i started out with dro, never really had a major prob...mag/cal deficiancy a couple times, thrips once, mites twice(came with clones.)... and found it very easy, just a little maintenance each day. then i put a couple clones in that brown crumbly stuff(i think they call it soil) for mothers(got sick of gettin bugs from clubs) and learned what easy was! dont do anything but water every couple days. i still like hydro better cause there is more to play with and i like to play. i find myself sitting and staring at the soil with nothin to do. maybe ill use MG next time and brush up on my problem solving skills!

well, stinkin to high heaven, stretch stopped at 15-17in. most are 17in tall. almost exactly half the height of the last ones, thank goodness! not much else to say, will post pics next res change(like 3 days). aaaaand thanks for lookin/commenting!

View attachment 66210

View attachment 66211

View attachment 66212

View attachment 66213

View attachment 66214
flushed res: 100ppm-start...220ppm-finish, so i must be doin better. i usually flush about 300ppm's out at this stage. finally had to vent the intake for light out of the room cause this stuff is stiiiinky! thinkin this is the best batch yet...dont know if its the strain, me learnin, or the new "gravity" im using but these buds are rocks...and the biggest yet(bud size,not height;) ) at this stage. I so happy:D ...speakin of iso...i'll be back!:hubba:

hi lyfr lloking very very good man btw is your hps shade a jetstream type as im considering getting a couple after this dripper grow is outa the way as the temps are getting a bit high with this hot british summer-oh its raining again lovely stuff rain.

any pros and cons with these type reflectors in your opinion??

pkj

View attachment 66267
hope those help. i got it hooked up to a 6" 188cfm "booster fan" and it stays cool as can be. room stays between 70-78 which is an accomplishment where i live...+ no a/c or insulation(garage). i like it because it comes with glass,flanges are built in, and its 22" wide:holysheep: ..coverage is very good. little overkill for my 400 but im plannin for the future:D

Hey man just checking in seeing how things are going. Looks like you'll be able to fill up the ol' graineries for the winter. LOL Nice work.

floronova bloom-100ml
gh kool bloom-50ml
gh florolicious+ 20ml
gravity - 50ml
liquid seaweed - 100ml
hygrozyme - 100ml
super endo 130K - 1 tsp
total ppm's - 1150
i cant stop typin about the wonderful stink. severly ripened, sweet grapey like fruit smell...which is strange cause it started out smellin piney. im hungry, im gonna go for a walk in the woods:huh:

lyfr said:
i cant stop typin about the wonderful stink. severly ripened, sweet grapey like fruit smell...which is strange cause it started out smellin piney. im hungry, im gonna go for a walk in the woods:huh:

HAHAHA your brain is playin tricks on you man. Anyways, I would love to have that ripened smell in my closet. The autumn fall strain i'm growing is said to smell like ripened fruits when slow cured well.

howdy Dom, hope your strain grabs that smell for ya, it really is a wonderful smell:)

just found out my wrist has been broke for over a year! found out when he was xray'in the other one that ended up being a bad sprain. asked me why it so skinny and when i told him i fell on it so many times it quit healin he wanted to x-ray and sho'nuff, the little bone is broken in 2 and ground to bits.
Sooo, i got surgery on the 26th and i harvest on the first. i'll be casted for 10wks following surgery, boy is harvest time gonna be fun with a cast on my good hand and the other wrist healin from a sprain. i gotta find a new way to exercise...:rolleyes:

good luck lyfr!!hope your surgery goes off without a hitch!!nice meetin ya at the coffee table that was fun for a minute..oh yeah last but not least nice friggin grow man thats awesome.im always in awe about you hydro guys so hi tec.

howdy danny, thanks for stoppin in! Hydro aint hard..just like makin soup! follow the directions, measure carefully, use quality ingredients and you'll have a tasty product in the end!:hubba:

View attachment 66730

View attachment 66731

View attachment 66732

View attachment 66733
tried to get creative:cool: these ladies are 29 days of 12/12 and they are my best yet:hubba: :hubba: ..thanks everyone, its all you:) the odor has now overtaken my month old carbon filter. 4 X 12 Phat filter . so im gonna soak some non toxic(no formaldihyde) insulation in febreeze and wedge a little piece at the end of my outtake making sure i still have plenty of flow,of course. got another fan(oscillating type) to blow through bottm of stems along with the one blowin across the top of plants, and the one under tray blowin cooler air up. those and the 265 CFM squirrell exhaust with carbon filter should keep mold/rot away. my 188cfm fan for light is independant of room air, it has its own intake from outside-through the light-and back out. im gettin a little concerned about budrot because they are getting so big and dense...i know, thats just terrible:D just though i write a little since im bored...what do you think?...suggestions?...i'll check back but i think im late for a BHC meeting;)

Dude, these things are looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I was taking another look at grape ape in my High Times magazine today and I can't wait until harvest dude! My mouth is watering, I wish I could taste that grapiness LOL!

thanks Dom but i got a problem. the reading on my humidity gauge wasnt matchin how it felt in there so i got another one...guess what, RH isnt 30 like gauge said...new one says its 80%:eek: so i threw about 50 of those silica gel (the do not eat packs that come in shoes to absorb moisture) packs by the fan and im headed to home imp store to see what i could get. i knew somethin was up, this little voice kept saying "watch for mold, huah ah ah, watch for mold." the same voice told me as i was falling once "your wrist is going to break". hope its wrong this time too;)

forgot to tell ya but bumped ppm's up to 1550 A couple days and they took it fine. got some stuff called dri-zit for removing moisture out of air by filing this little basket with cystals that capture water as they melt, draing into bowl...really cool. apparantly i have way too much water for them too handle cause they made no diff in RH.. so im off to get a dehumidifier this mornin.

View attachment 66881

View attachment 66882

View attachment 66883
hopefully that will solve it..at 25 pints per day, in a 5 X 5 room it oughta! hopefully it doesnt empty my res too. the other shots are a purple-urkle soda i picked up at the club while i was out. also found out the higher the humidity the less efficiant the carbon filter is...which explains why i been smellin it outside the room a little. so time for me to take a breath of polluted air:bong1: and wait for the next problem:D

Latest posts

Back