1st grow, 6.5 weeks into flower... thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndre

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to get some opinions on the progress of my lone White Widow female.

She seems to have gotten quite droopy in the last week or so. I wasn't sure if she just got a little dry and weak, or if its just from the growing weight of bud.

Also, several of the larger leaves closer to the stem are yellowing and falling off... I've read a in a few places that a little yellowing is normal close to harvest; just wanted to make sure this looks about right.

I attached a wide shot to peep. For perspective, the height of the enclosure is 4ft; the pot is about 1ft high. Note the main cola is drooping down, away from the camera.

Also attached is a close up of one of the lower buds... any thoughts on progress, estimates of when harvest time might be, etc are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

-cyn

bud close up1.JPG

Plant - 6.5 wks flower1.JPG

The yellowing leaves are normal this far in. They look to have another couple weeks left . Give them another 2 weeks .. keep doing what you are doing and don't worry man. The droopieness is from the weight of the buds.

Let em go man.. you got plenty of time until harvest.

You should look at your triches under a pocket microscope to see when she's ready. If you want an up high, harvest when the triches are cloudy. If you'd like a couchlock, harvest when the triches are amber. She looks about done though. Good job!

oh yea lookin goood, i got a similar strain and mine are lookin pretty similar. If i were u id start gettin a fan on them, you really shoulda had one on em since the begining, woulda strengthend the branches, increased yield and you wouldnt be geting the drooping buds. also have you been trimming the fan leaves or is it natural?

Mr.Wakenbake said:
The yellowing leaves are normal this far in. They look to have another couple weeks left . Give them another 2 weeks .. keep doing what you are doing and don't worry man. The droopieness is from the weight of the buds.

Let em go man.. you got plenty of time until harvest.
Cool... don't worry, I'm not going to rush 'em... just wanted to check in with the Grandmasters to make sure things were tracking five by five. :)

I appreciate the feedback!

Thanks,
-cyn

bombbudpuffa said:
You should look at your triches under a pocket microscope to see when she's ready. If you want an up high, harvest when the triches are cloudy. If you'd like a couchlock, harvest when the triches are amber. She looks about done though. Good job!

Yeah... I've been meaning to pick one up; a microscope, that is. But, I've been lazy and just been going by the hairs. :b

I'll get one this weekend.

Thanks,
-cyn

PhreakDogg said:
oh yea lookin goood, i got a similar strain and mine are lookin pretty similar. If i were u id start gettin a fan on them, you really shoulda had one on em since the begining, woulda strengthend the branches, increased yield and you wouldnt be geting the drooping buds. also have you been trimming the fan leaves or is it natural?

That's the thing, I have been using a fan... and the branches did seem very strong and healthy. This drooping came on fast almost a week ago. That's why I thought it might be thirsty somehow (but I monitor its water), or something else.

The PH is ~7.6 and I use some Miracle Grow, even numbered, nutes... although, I may stop feeding since she's probably about two weeks, or so, away from harvest.

Oh, and no, I don't trim... that the natural growth. But, there's been four or five larger ones that yellow and died that were usually on branches closer to the stem.

Thanks for the feedback!
:48:

-cyn

Latest posts

Back