1st journal-Sensi Star/LA Ultra/NYC Diesel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trillions of atoms said:
I run the GH line myself and use the lucas formula- 8ml micro to 16ml bloom per gallon with no burn (ebb and flo) the entire cycle.

That actually makes perfect sense. The "drain-to-waste" program (soil) GH recomends versus the "recirculating" (hydroponic) is 1/2 the strength. So your 8ml micro/16ml bloom per gallon for hydro equates perfectly to my 4ml micro/8ml bloom per gallon for soil.

At what point do you, (or anyone else reading this that uses GH nutes) stop using the grow nute while flowering?

blancolighter said:
Looks like you treat your Sensi Stars well my man, nice job. I grow em myself and its nice to know there are others out there workin with such a beautiful plant, though she smells something ridiculous...

Thanks blanco. Yea the last 4 weeks of flower are pretty stinky. Trimming it makes it smell like there is a dead skunk somewhere in your room.

-SSF-

NYC Diesels are on Day #5 of flowering. No signs of sex.

day #5 002.JPG

MosesPMG said:
green mojo for the future ladies :hubba:

Thanks for dropping in MosesPMG, I will take all the green mojo I can get!

There isn't much to put in a journal in the first few weeks that is fun to look at, so here are a couple shots of my dried Sensi Star from my last harvest.
close-ups 006.JPG close-ups 007.JPG

close-ups 011.JPG

-SSF-

niice! I hope mine turn out half as good as that. its a sativa correct?

MosesPMG said:
niice! I hope mine turn out half as good as that. its a sativa correct?

Almost pure Indica.
From Paradise Seeds' Website:
"Type: Mostly Indica with a hint of Sativa".

They stay short and bushy like a good little Indica :)

mmm with a name like sensi star - it sounds like a sativa, unless the name is based of the way the leaves look or something

atleast they act the way they should :D

So my one LA Ultra that has shown female while still in veg is getting huge. I had to tie her down today. The last pic shows where I topped her. The Diesels are at one week in flower, I will get a pic up in a bit. She is going to take up a ton of space, her fan leaves are huge.
-SSF-
Ultra 004.JPG Ultra 006.JPG

Ultra 009.JPG

EDIT: sorry, had the wrong pic in there.

So after only 24 hours of being tied down the LA Ultra has responded and is forming a nice flat canopy.

Updates 006.JPG canopy 001.JPG

The Sensi Stars are getting angry with me. The really want to flower but they are going to have to wait until next Saturday, one more week :)

updatesss 010.JPG updatesss 011.JPG

Of the 3 NYC Diesels I started a week ago, one has shown female, one has shown male (I destroyed him because he was huge and ugly so I wasn't interested in his pollen), and one I am not sure of yet but it appears female.

The One on the left is the one I am not sure about, the one on the right has shown hairs.
updatesss 003.JPG

updatesss 006.JPG updatesss 007.JPG

And lastly, today is the first day of flower for my one Hashberry plant. Keeping fingers crossed it's a girl!
updatesss 001.JPG

So,1 week into the journal and the bad news is we have found a couple males, the good news I now know I have in addition to my Sensi Star female clones at least one female LA Ultra and at least one female Diesel. So even if the Hashberry turns out to be male I will still get to grow a couple new strains.
-SSF-

I guess the good comes with the bad. Cant wait to see the rest!

MosesPMG said:
I guess the good comes with the bad. Cant wait to see the rest!

Thanks MosesPMG,
I can't wait to see the rest either. I'm a sucker for good Indicas which is why I am excited about the LA Ultra. It is almost pure Indica like the Sensi Star, my longtime favorite.

-SSF-

So of the 3 Diesels I started flowering on 2/12, one showed male and was destroyed, one showed female already, and the third finally showed me some white hairs today on Day #9 of flower.

It's a Girl! 003.JPG

It was also a beautiful day here today with temps in the 70's so I was able to take my girls out for some natural sunshine.
EDIT: The pics below are the Sensi Stars.
getting some sun 001.JPG getting some sun 005.JPG

-SSF-

bho_expertz said:
Have my fingers crossed for yours HashBerry ;)

Thanks BHO, me too. I germed 5 seeds and even though they all cracked only one made it.

-SSF-

sorry about the turn out mate, maybe that 1 will be the best

SensiStarFan said:
.....At what point do you, (or anyone else reading this that uses GH nutes) stop using the grow nute while flowering?.....

TOA uses the Lucas formula which uses no grow at all--the Lucas formula uses only GH micro and GH bloom. You use 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. The general GH schedule using all 3 parts (Grow, Micro, and Bloom) is different. Generally it is 1 part bloom, 2 parts micro and 3 parts grow during veg and just opposite for flowering--1 part grow, 2 parts micro, and 3 parts bloom. You can mix these to the concentrations that best suits the strain you are growing.

The Hemp Goddess said:
TOA uses the Lucas formula which uses no grow at all--the Lucas formula uses only GH micro and GH bloom. You use 1 part micro to 2 parts bloom. The general GH schedule using all 3 parts (Grow, Micro, and Bloom) is different. Generally it is 1 part bloom, 2 parts micro and 3 parts grow during veg and just opposite for flowering--1 part grow, 2 parts micro, and 3 parts bloom. You can mix these to the concentrations that best suits the strain you are growing.

Thanks THG, I figured out what TOA was talking about in another thread. My question was asked very poorly. Let me re-phrase.

At what point does anyone that is a soil grower and uses the GH-3 part stop using the grow nute in flowering? GH recomends not using the grow nute late in flower while still using the micro and bloom nutes. So I was just wondering at what point people cut out the grow nute. I have cut it out after week #5 of flower for an 8 week strain but now I am trying out some longer flowering strains so I am trying to get an idea about when in flower to cut it out in general. Does it even need to be cut out at all?

Thanks all,
-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
So of the 3 Diesels I started flowering on 2/12, one showed male and was destroyed, one showed female already, and the third finally showed me some white hairs today on Day #9 of flower.-SSF-

Really nice looking plants SSF. You're doing a great job, I'd love to see a few pics of your flowering apce w/ cool tubes etc.

For some reason I saw the SS beans somewhere and was intrigued; then noticed your sig. Seeing how they are your fave, and maybe that of some other folks here as well, I'm close to putting in an order for these.

Cheers,

Moto-Man said:
Really nice looking plants SSF. You're doing a great job, I'd love to see a few pics of your flowering apce w/ cool tubes etc.

For some reason I saw the SS beans somewhere and was intrigued; then noticed your sig. Seeing how they are your fave, and maybe that of some other folks here as well, I'm close to putting in an order for these.

Cheers,

Hey Moto-Man thanks for checking out the grow. If you do pick up some SS beans, I bet you will be very happy :)
I will get a pic of my flowering space up next week but right now I am only running one 600HPS and my exhaust fan until I add the other plants to the flowering room. Then I will hook up the other 600HPS and eventually the carbon filter down the line when I need it.

Latest posts

Back