$20 hps light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to that $20 150w hps light that was on here a few months ago? I wanna get one and add it to my 400watter. I forget who bought some and wired them up. :-/ Any help would be appreciated, my friends.

i too looked for it on the forum, im using some cfls right now, but i would like to get a hps for flowering it would be great to get one for $20

oh so i take it theyre not really worth it?

in the long its best to save up and buy a professional HPS preferbly for beginners a HPS/MH conversion it just saves money in the long run

i will never own anything other than a lumatek system.screw the cheap stuff.i agree you get what you pay for.

I have five, and no problems yet. I would imagine if you bought an expensive set up it would be better, but at the same time if you have three square feet it would be perfect.

mistisrising said:
I have five, and no problems yet. I would imagine if you bought an expensive set up it would be better, but at the same time if you have three square feet it would be perfect.

I have 5 sq ft but :yeahthat: And, I can cool them with Florida temps :D

I have 2 of them light only using 1 for one plant, Easy to wire. They do use more power on start up than the more expensive one, You do need to keep that in mind
But as for the light it puts out I think it working good
But this is my first time with light, JMO

hxxp://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT6H151G

change xx to tt

well, i already have my 430 watter going, and it is sufficient for my grow. But, i figured, for $20, why not add 150 extra watts of light in there? It could only help, right? And for all that said, "u get what u pay for", i agree, if this was going to be my main source of lighting it's better to go with a quality light. But for someone that just wants a few extra lumens, sacrificing the cost of a single days lunch, this is well worth it. ;)

Check out hemp goddess profile. She has a step by step in it. I made it. Have it sitting up stairs right now. She has a link. And a scrog grow that she used it on. Not bad at all. I have to agree that a real system would be better. But this is better than nothing

I wouldnt use thoughs lights for flower
each start up
gonna cost you ;)

HydroManiac said:
I wouldnt use thoughs lights for flower
each start up
gonna cost you ;)
"starting".. firing ANY hps is going to cost you..:confused2:
and a 150 watt hps is ideal for flowering in 3 sq ft.
Simply because it is not a digital ballast does NOT make it inferior or less usefull for growing, only a "slight" and I do mean "slight" increase in cost and or elect. use.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with those lights as an economical option for a small area.

I have to say that I was pretty happy with them when I did the scrog--300W, 4 sq ft, 5+ ozs.

I got 1 of the $20 hps lights in my closet and I have no complaints given the price and my bill hasn't even rose more than 5 bucks a month, although I do make sure I am not wasting extra electricity around the house.

I have 4 of them that i have used for the last 2 harvests and my bill hasnt been more that 25 more for the last 6 months. nice buds!

Latest posts

Back