2012!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life will go on long after humans have been forgotten about. The 'end of the world' is just a concept we cling to. Everything in existence is energy, vibrating at different frequencies. From our thoughts to our desks to the computers we type on. Everything is alive. The energy is life, not these meat suits we wear or the cars we drive or the houses we supposedly own. (Someday someone else will own them). Life will never end. Energy can't be destroyed. We may be due for a major universal transformation but there is no such thing as an end. Life will go on..:)

how do we know that's what it says if we can't interpret it?

Good point (lol).

It does seem ironic, though, that the LHC they just built is scheduled to begin it's intended experiments in 2010...

yeah Nv that thing ain't no joke either. hold on , here we goooooo...

what i've read of this matter, is it was merely the end of the mayan calender. sooo, did they just give up, and let the west interpret the stars? who knows?...

i do know there are some (fanatics)oh oh, who are looking at the monetary system collapsing, stating a wheelbarrel full of 100 dollar bills won't buy a loaf of bread...oh,oh...(gather your gold)... maybe thats what my old friend , (and some of yours), PA is doing...miss that 'ol homeboy...

wake me when it's over!!!

IRISH.... i posted this in that time wave zero thread....

according to some modern-day Mayan people, yes they still exist, in a special that aired on PBS, the whole 2012 myth is a product of western culture.... one guys described it as a real-life Indiana Jones type situation....

according to him, the whole myth started way back when some excavators dug up a buried stone template.... the template spoke of a god being reborn sometime around the year 2012.... here's where the controversy comes in.... the last portion of the template that talks about the gods rebirth is totally illegible.... pretty much, it became a giant fill-in-the-blank....

he went on further to talk about the god's rebirth, according to Mayan belief, being a spiritual rebirth, have nothing to do with actual physical transformation.... he also mentioned there are many other Mayan calenders.... some having dates up to 47-something.... sorry, can't remember the actual date he stated....

anywho.... after hearing what these actual Mayan people had to say, i'm more convinced that 2012 is gonna be another Y2K....

found it! it's called Cracking the Maya Code.

hxxp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mayacode/program.html

about 10 years ago they discovered an astroid that will make a very close pass in 2012 with in the orbit of the moon, since then we had that earth quake and resulting tsunami in the indian ocean wich knocked us a lil wobbly on our axis of rotation about 3 degrees, i wonder if they have recalculated the orbit of the 2012 astroid that might have been enough of a wobble to put us in its path

there is, has been and will always be war.

there is no point in human history when some of us were not at war with ourselves.

Nothing changes, we just get cooler technology and grow dumber.

Mayan Calendar? :confused:

So... our modern calendars in checkbooks and devices weren't even planned/programmed to deal with the year 2000 when they were doing things the last few decades in the end of the last millenium... Geez... now I gotta worry about some ancient calendar running out of days... :rolleyes:

Peace!:cool:

We cannot set a date, and I doubt our destuction will happen in one day.

The way I see it, we have been killing ourselves for a while now, slowly and methodically.

Well I for one will turn the date back on my PC.... It works for trial software!

I hope something happens...the earth needs a good flushing of all of it's toxic governments, and poisinous corporations....hopefully the people that do survive will make it a better place....I say bring on the cleansing!

legalize_freedom said:
I hope something happens...the earth needs a good flushing of all of it's toxic governments, and poisinous corporations....hopefully the people that do survive will make it a better place....I say bring on the cleansing!

Seems to me I remember a Tool song that sums things up pretty well... although it is a bit location specific... lol... I hope my edits are acceptable Hick, for art's sake...;)

Ænima - Tool

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this

Bulls*** three ring circus sideshow of Freaks

Here in this hopeless ******* hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bull**** three ring circus sideshow of Freaks

Here in this hopeless ******* hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dips***s.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly ****, stupid ****...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.

**** L Ron Hubbard and
**** all his clones.
**** all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

**** retro anything.
**** your tattoos.
**** all you junkies and
**** your short memory.

Learn to swim.

**** smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
**** these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
suck it down.
flush it down.

Eternal Filth and Chaos is eminent; but it won't come with December 21, 2012.

And Nostradamus was vague to say the least, with his so-called "Doomsday predictions".

And as someone previously stated: "The world won't end, Just life on it will". :D

i dunno why 2012 always falls on old Nos..
he made a lot of prophecy's (or jibberish, your call) but he never said anything about 2012.. he didn't even give many specific dates in any his quatrains.

he talked of visions of an end time, yes. and also said sometime around now is a paramount time for our species. but that's it.

i like the idea of an age of awakening for the human race.. but i very much doubt that. doubt anything'll happen :(

I just love the fact that everyone know were destroying ourselves, but no one cares enough to do anything. Ironic.

o K U S H o said:
I just love the fact that everyone know were destroying ourselves, but no one cares enough to do anything. Ironic.

That would require work...look around our society is lazy.

:yeahthat:

Ironic indeed my friends... Our selfish, 'disposable' lifestyle is leading to our entire modern empire/society slowly crumbling into decay & becoming a historical footnote... It's just that us humans have a pretty demanding list of needs to keep us alive and well... Oxygen, moderate temps, sunlight, nourishment... Even if reduced to a orbiting rock Mother Nature is going to be just fine... It seems that WE are disposable as well! ;)

:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back