250 watt sufficient?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gourmet

Reaction score
I have heard the concerns and researched lighting. So far my little ones are doing okay despite all I have put them through. (Sure hope what doesn't kill them makes them stronger).

I have a a string of 5 = 6 watt leds. From what I have learned, 13 watts per square foot should be barely passable. Then I have a couple of Vitalights I found laying around but probably only gives off about 2000 lumens.

Sooo. Thinking of getting a 250 watt digital MH/HPS, enclose the plants in a mylar "tent" and keeping the space down (I am only growing a couple as a hobby).

Think I can get away with that for this round? I'de go 400 watt but ran out of circuits. Need to expand my electrical service in this old place.

2' X 2' is what I was anticipating,,,, I figured I could get between 1 and 3 plants in that space.

Greetings, if you can plug in a 250 you can instead plug in a 400. Hippy has forgotten more about growing then I will ever know but I question the lites you now have and the size of your room. If you get 2-3 full size skunk or haze you will run out of room..fast. :D for your grow

A 250 watt would be sufficient for that size of a grow area. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

There are several Grow jounals on the site about such an endeavour. Good luck!

Translating to amps and duh...you are right. 400 watts will only be 3 1/5 amps so I can go with a 400 just as well as I can do a 250. Sooo. Just ordered a 400W set with Lumatek digital ballast. And my babies are coming along really well considering I tried to poison them before last Sunday.

Dude:

Buzzed right now. I have a 250 watt HPS that brought my single lady grow to fruition. But I think more lumens would have improved the flower. But maybe I've got a complex. From what i know, more lumens will improve your harvest. But I gotta tell ya, the grow I produced gets me plenty stoned. Two bong hits and a few vodka drinks renders me insufficient to respond appropriately. Matter of fact, what was the question? ha ha. oh my. I'm really stoned.
Greengenes:D

Latest posts

Back