2nd Desert Indoor-Outdoor Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord--no way am I an expert on MH lights! And no way will I ever be. When the thing was plugged in the first time, I went across the house and hid my head assuming the thing was going to blow up and spit glass everywhere.

I can certainly relate to that. Ever since I stuck my finger in a 220 outlet when I was a kid I have a fear of anything electric. But I have had no problems with my 400 hps at all and have gotten very comfortable with the fans and lights.

Thanks for the info on "stale" nutes. I did not know they would condense and concentrate further if they are old. I will keep this in mind.

I read an article that indicates that for most strains, it is not the amount of nutes used but the way they are introduced. If cranked up slowly, weed can take a huge amount of nutes and love them. But they have to be introduced slowly and increased slowly.

That has worked for me this grow, except for one plant that clearly objects every time I give it nitrogen. The other five are lovin it.

Best of luck with your grow and your light.

Wow, thank you ALL for the wonderful comments, and for stopping by!

ColoradoLady: I'm happy to say I have a Purple Kush and a Hawaiian that are both girls, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Wish the Wizard had been a female, but I'm going to try those beans again!

MonkeyBusiness: THANK YOU for those wonderful words of wisdom and encouragement. Indeed, it's a good feeling to know the clones were successful, even if they were males. And yes, one more step toward becoming a grower. I am learning, and that's what counts. And enjoying the process--to that has to count, too, right?

Chef: I'm waiting for that catalog. I've got the lemon detergent ready. Strange nutes, if you ask me, but then, I look at your success and know that's the mojo I need. Unfortunately, the Math Dude is too big to fit into the dishwasher, so I'm hoping it will work without the human supervision.<G>

Gourmet--OUCH!!!! I'll just BET you remembered that shock all your life!
I think you are so right about introducing the nutes slowly. That's what shocked me when I used last season's nutes--I mixed it 1/4 strength but it totally burned them. I don't know if people in normal regular humidity areas have to worry about evaporation as much as we do, since it's normally almost always single-digit humidity here. It was all my fault that the nutes got so concentrated---the cap was not on tight because of all the crusties I left around the top of the bottle. I have no one to blame but myself.
Which strain of yours is the one that's nitrogen sensitive, Gourmet?

Ham: Thank you for your thoughts! And you are right, of course, I'm gaining so much from the mistakes. From them I learn the most. Of course, beginner's luck is pretty nice too, but learning is what it's all about.

Fa$t: Feel free to stop in anytime and sing me some Leon! I am SOOOO bummed Vegas isn't on his itinerary this year. Nothing like being stoned at a Leon concert with a whole bunch of other old stoners all tokin' up in their hotel rooms before the concert starts. You can always tell the real stoners--they don't come for the opening band, they stay in their rooms toking right up until Leon steps off the bus and into the backstage.

FirstTimeCaller---I'm counting on that green mojo of yours to see me through till harvest!

OHC, I don't know if you'll be stopping by, but you asked me about my heavily LST'd and supercropped WW, and I wanted to post a picture of it for you. You can see it's very short now, fits nicely under the lights, and the lights can penetrate very well at this height.

Irish--sure appreciate you stopping by. Your mojo means a lot to me! Tell your daughter I enjoyed her excellent coloring job so much I put her picture up on my screensaver so I can see it every day.

TC: Thank you for ALL your advice! TC and I are having an experiment on the indoor-outdoor thing I do. She challenged me to leave a couple plants inside only, and the rest do my normal in and outside moving--to see if moving them so much will stress them enough for them to hermie. I'm not convinced, but I also know TC is one heck of a grower, and I listen to her! So I'm willing to compromise: 1/2 and 1/2 and we'll see what happens!

LordHighLlama: I want some photography mojo! I'm still sighing over that gorgeous BPOM winner of yours...

Homegrown and Cannabis: Thank you both so much for stopping by! I know this isn't much of a grow journal this time. I promise to do better next grow. And that grow will be the AUTOS!

WWLST121309.jpg

Nice! She's kinda all over the place. Can't wait to see her bud up. Ultra lemon mojo to your ww!

Hi again , just thought id drop by and tell you my gf likes your DP :) lol! was telling her the temps you`ve been getting , were getting the opposite!! ha! shes well jealous now. good growin! happy smokin! peace mojavemama

Mojave, the main concern of mine is YOUR taking them in and out. I always read here that stablity is good, hours of light not being tampered with especially. I know you are keeping them the same hours .....but possibly the type of light might...might make a difference. Also, if you get the SAME results, why take all that effort and time to move them...is more what I was thinking (one plant is enough for a "controll" to leave inside).

(I am not saying that they will hermi, if they go in and out. Just trying to figure out a way you dont have to move them all the time.)

Another thing I was thinking.....that White Widow up there....You ever think of revedging her? She has such a nice shape and stalk. That way, you could have something going when you have your Autos starting. Just throwing idea out at you....

disclaimer...tcbud grows outdoors and would never presume to step on more seasoned indoor growers toes. So, take my ideas with salt.

I gota agree with whoever said it already - the main thing is you DID manage to root those clones.... looking forward to the auto grow and YES that WW does have a lovely spread.

HEY MM...I dunno how I missed your GJ, but I'm glad I found it. Looks like you have plenty of people helping you out, and your coming right along! Moving those plants sounds like alot of work! Nice to see that you are dedicated to the grow, Good Luck with flowering your girls out, now that I know where you are, I'll peak in every once in awhile. Nice Growin' ma'am!

Just read up MM 'n sorry to hear about the nutes but least you worked out what it was sharp'ish and your still on the green path! :) the WW does look amazing tho, i've done 5 grows before and WW was my favourite by far and I always rave about it to my mates. Im wishing your lady lots of good growing thoughts 'n maybe a lil song for her :ignore: After this blunt.....:huh:

G'luck and well done on the cloning, I haven't even tried that sh*t yet! :eek:

X-BigDave-X---Thanks for stopping by! Great to hear you enjoy the WW's so much. This is my first! I'm really liking how well she's responding to the supercropping and LST'ing.

Legalize--how nice of you to stop by! Yep, you're so right--I'm in good hands here with many wonderful mentors to whom I'm deeply grateful!

OHC--I'm stoked we're going to be growing the autos at the same time. That will be WAY fun! Oh, and guess what arrived today from the 'Tude? Yeppers, those adorable little White Dwarf beans and the two freebie beans.

TC--I know you're trying to find ways to make growing less work for me--you have my back, and I'm soooo grateful! I just can't resist that sunshine, ya know? The lure of it just pulls me out the door, pots in hand, coffee sloshing all over....<G>

No, really, I understand why you are making strong suggestions on keeping them in one place. Makes sense, truly it does. But this is still my experimental indoor-outdoor grow, so I'll take your advice and use ONE plant as the indoor one only and the rest outdoor. I just love to see them turn their white fuzzy little faces to the sun! I guess I just question whether my indoor lights are truly sufficient. I'll keep a PF inside, since I have two of them and they are nearly identical.

And revegging---yesss! I think I'd like to try that, TC! I'll be asking for advice on that down the road, I'm sure....

Homer--really nice to have you on the boards here, and so nice of you to stop by!

Chef, I think the lemon detergent mojo is starting to work.....the pistils are starting to be visible now. But I still can't get the math dude in the dishwasher, no matter how hard I push....it's that pasta belly, I think. <G>

4U--it's always an honor when you stop by and pass the bong my way!

I have all but one plant heavily LST'd and supercropped to keep them short and keep them open for light to penetrate. They spread so WIDE now!

Picture 1 is of one of the Purple Frostings, and Picture 2 is of the Purple Bud, both LST'd and Supercropped.

PF121409.jpg

PB121409.jpg

Germinating today:

4 Wizards
4 Aurora Indicas
1 Hashplant Haze ('Tude freebie)
1 Moby D*ck ('Tude Freebie)
5 Fem White Dwarf Autos

Germination method: Paper towels in covered container on heating pad/Low. Time put into germination: 7pm

Aaahhh,I got it! use cannabutter:rofl: More lemon mojo to ya!:watchplant:

Can't do that, Chef. Used up all the cannabutter greasing up the Math Dude trying to get him into the dishwasher.......<G>

Damn! Uuuhh.....hmmm...ok lets get mgyver! You need two sticks, a sock, three mj brownies, a tube of lipstick...bwhaaaaa! Feed him the brownie, put on the lipstick to lure him high into the kitchen. Tie the sock around his eyes for a blindfold. Lay the sticks on the floor in front of the dishwasher. Now with him blindfolded tell him you've just disrobed fer a game of naked marco polo. When he gets near give a good ol polo, he'll slip into the dishwashwer, his wieght will cause all of him to go in(gravity), You then simply close the door set fer pots and pans, and enjoy a bong with your trusty swiss army knife.:D

LMAO...Chef you always make me smile! Thats some funny stuff!

MM/mcguyver, did the bong come out alright?

OMG MM - You been busy makin' babies :baby: You definately have that topping and LST down. They look lovely.

I still have 3 of 5 tap roots this AM after 20+ hrs..... :D

YEaaaaa, OHC! Hope you're seeing even more tap roots this morning. I just checked and all 5 of the autos are showing taps, as are most of the others. The two freebies are still not showing anything. But all the rest, going like gangbusters. I'll be transplanting several of them today into their cups.

mojavemama said:
YEaaaaa, OHC! Hope you're seeing even more tap roots this morning. I just checked and all 5 of the autos are showing taps, as are most of the others. The two freebies are still not showing anything. But all the rest, going like gangbusters. I'll be transplanting several of them today into their cups.

:yay: :aok: :banana: :clap: I had 4 good lookin' tap roots so planted those last night and the slowpoke was showing off this morning :D so I'll plant her this evening as well. I started a lame GJ complete with a pic of dirt in cups :rolleyes: so won't clutter up yours with more about mine..... but just want you to know I'm totally on board!!!! :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back