2nd harvest with scrog.. guess what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
I should preface this by saying a few things:

1. I havent changed anything signifigant in my rooms..

2. I've had multiple harvest of each of these strains (Grape Ape and Blackberry Kush) so I am intimately familiar with how they grow.. eg..rate of growth, amount of stretch, time to flower, etc..

My first harvest of grape ape under the screen yielded me 196 grams more than harvest without the screen.. of good bud.. no popcorn

I just chopped the Blackberry Kush.. It looks like I'm looking at at least a 300 gram increase..140 tops, averaging about 4.5 grams each when dried (as I'm sure most of you know when growing a strain for years, it's pretty easy to be accurate with yield projections)

It should be noted that previous grows with both these strains, at times, reached a low of .15 per watt.. same strains, same rooms, same grower (me!)... the only thing I changed was using a screen and putting in a little more time to maintain it..

I feel the need to throw this info out there for anybody that may be on the fence about scrogging.. get off the fence and get yer' screen!

Congrats! sounds like a resounding success! Perhaps I'll scrog my next grow... at least it won't end up 7 feet tall like these ones :p some of the bud on the top kinda burnt a bit i think.

I have a few questions since I'm wanting to scrog for my room. Did you veg in that same room and just switch your lights? In your other scrog thread did you flip to a 12/12 before the screen was filled and kept tucking during 12/12? Will the plants automatically pop their bud sites up through the screen or did you have to assist them at all?

Thanks!

The Silver Bullet Special said:
I have a few questions since I'm wanting to scrog for my room. Did you veg in that same room and just switch your lights? In your other scrog thread did you flip to a 12/12 before the screen was filled and kept tucking during 12/12? Will the plants automatically pop their bud sites up through the screen or did you have to assist them at all?

Thanks!

I veg in different rooms then flip to 12/12 and throw a screen on top..

when I veg, I train the plants by tying down tall branches to make them even with the lower ones.. or sometimes I like to tie up the lower ones..

the key with scrog is to keep bud sites at the same height so none of the colas get any more hormone than the others.. the growth hormones are the key, as well as gravity.. if you keep 'em all the same height, they all get equal amounts of growth hormone and each develops to thier full potential..

(I know I'm probably oversimplifying the hormone thing, but the principle is sound..)

when I throw the screen on, it ends up being about 70% full..

one of the keys is to tuck util the right time.. tuck too long and you'll end up with shorter plants and shorter colas.. don't tuck long enough and you'll have a jungle..

I find that I stop tucking about 17 or 18 days in.. if you have a big stretching sativa or something, you may want to tuck up until day 21 or so.. knowing how the strain grows is important, though..

the bud sites will pop through the screen just... keep tucking the ones that outgrow the shorter ones until everything is level..

this is more of a "scrog assist" because I dont stretch them out to bring out the smaller buds, but tuck the main brances until everything is even if that makes sense..

right now I'm doing a scrog with SFVog kush and it stretched ridiculously.. thank the lord I had the screen because they would've grown right into the light above without it.. it gives you total control over something that a lot of us battle...STRETCH!!

Yeah now I understand why others were telling to me grow a few harvests before i try scrog, but what you said makes perfect sense to me now it will be something ill have to really learn first hand.. hopefully soon I can get things up and running been doing soo much homework on this growing stuff has me ancy to start lol.

Thanks for the explanation.

Latest posts

Back