2nd time around.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blunt

I kill them all
Reaction score
well i killed almost everything first time around but im trying again. i have 28 started.. its all bagseed but it was really really good weed. they are 3 days out of germ with a 250MH on them 18/6. straight PH'd distilled water so far. i just stuck them in 4x4 rockwool this morning and they look good. are these too crowded? my concern is the roots getting all tangled or should i not worry about that? any advice is welcome as id really like to be able to realize a crop this time. i have a 1000W HPS in the flowering room next door with a stony bud ebb and flow thats not assembled yet. veg room gets passive ventilation with a fan blowing on them 24/7 so far. what am i doing right or wrong?? heres a pic ....thanks
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43489&stc=1&d=1199306645http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43489&stc=1&d=1199306645

ebay3 002.jpg

how far is your light from the tops of your Little girls?

well i do not no if its to crowed but id have to say by lookin at it that it looks pretty crowed lol,,but i do no once them start sprouting u better get some hydroton over the top of the rockawool are u are gonna get algie on them from the light hiting them ,,is this gonna be their final home ?? cause id have to say unless u no for a fact that they are all females it might not be too good to let the roots get all togather cause how would u get the males out??also i seen u said u was given them strainght water now ,thats fine but u want it ph balanced at 5.5 but good luck bro looks like ull have one heck of a lot of plants in a little area it should make for some prety good picks i cant wait to see them a few weeks from now

thanks tom tom. the reason i have them so close is i should have bought a 400w instead of a 250MH. i think ill spread them out and buy another 250w MH. this is just the veg room. i have a 6'x8' room next door for flowering with a 1000w HPS . so my thought was to veg them here until they are a foot or a foot and a half and then send them in to flower. thanks for your advice.
i wonder if i order another 250w MH online if it will get here before the roots are all tangled together? any idea how fast the roots will grow? i am ph'ing the water at 5.5

anyone else have an opinion???? thanks guys

should i have this rockwool covered now if im just hand watering pure distilled water and no nutes? that is,,,, will algae grow?

Well I think even with the 250watt mh you have now you could move them out a bit and not harm anything. They look to be very small still and if you were to order the other 250watt mh now you would have it soon enough for the plants to be ok. But if you leave them like this and there roots get tangled and you find that some are male you could run into a problem. Not only if they are males but if you plan on moving them into the other hydro system you spoke of then it could get even more complicated. I also saw in your pic the pop bottles being used. I would recamend that u paint them black because i hear roots hate light. From what i hear of your setup I would assemblwe the other stystem if you plan on using it eventually anyways and run the hps and the mh both for the time being.

eventually they will crowd eachother at the top, the roots will definetely get entangled but isnt a huge deal if ur nutes and water are ubundant. if u were doin it commercially and needed your full potential on yield u would need to move those a part.

but if ur just trying to get a good grow under your belt they will be fine. just dont let em get too big before u flower em. when u crowd u bring up much more potential for things to go wrong. pests, mold, damping, breaking, herm seeding. if there are plants that are in accessible there is a greater chance for problems

when u get that many plants close, the humidity can climb and stay very high, especially in the middle of the group, which will most likely leave you with some mold on the undergrowth- the little scraggly buds) and once u get those mold spores floatin around in the air ur walking a tight rope. it happens more than ppl realize

to go smooth
-abundant nutes, water- dont miss a feeding if ur doing it by hand most of the time. those roots will be lookin to theive
-good circulation, keep a fan on all the time, good exhaust if possible. u need constant airflow once they get bigger, for mold and pest reasons
-flower at a more conservative height, dont let the foliage get too dense

and if uve had problems with pests in the pest do some "preventative maintenece" get some white fly traps, maybe a mantace egg.

ull be alright tho, just keep everything consistant, and when in doubt aLwaYs underfeed. :p Cheers

thanks so much for the informative answers guys. i ordered another 250W MH this morning and im going to spread them out right now a bit. really great advice in both posts. thanks again. im adding CFL"s till my MH gets here

Well either way I am going to watch your grow. I really wanna see how it turns out. 500 watts is going to be enough to veg and with that 1000 watt u should be doing good. I seen some nice and hard nugs come from 1000watt hps. Good luck

yes i think u will be pleasently surprised with that equipment, very happy indeed, Cheers

ok im at day 17 i think under 2 250w MH 18/6. these things suffered from unintentional nute burn as a result of salts built up from my last failed attempt. i flushed with fresh water before this grow but once wasnt enough as i watched my PPM rise repeatedly with each watering. it was leaching old nutes out of the hydroton and hurting my babies. so i flushed 4 more times with distilled water which gets expensive by the way and its steady at 120 now and they are recovering nicely. i hope to keep them in this setup till they are about a foot tall and then put them into my stoney bud ebb and flow next door in my grow room under a 1000W HPS. i know i have too many plants going here but after sexing if i have 10 that would be awesome. they havent seen any nutes yet except for the burn early on. straight distilled water at 5.5-6.0 PH. temps 75-80F day and 61-65F night. id love to hear your comments good or bad as im a little unsure of what im doing. any and all comments are welcome. thanks as always

deck 016.jpg

deck 017.jpg

deck 018.jpg

nobody?? i know im not doing everything right.
on a side note its just beginning to smell and i love walking in that room and having that smell hit you. i could sit in the room for hours just looking at them:hubba::hubba:

Looking good man! I like the setup, I love it when plants first start to smell...haha. :)

thanks man, im just winging it. im going to start nutes next week i think... real easy like. im a little worried about over crowding but maybe ill flower sooner than a foot tall. stuff typically triples in height in flower correct???
im going out to smell some more

naaa i dont think you'll overcroud..plus you'll have some males in there if there not feminized and when there cut you'll have more room...i flower at alittle over a foot tall...or when i see alternating nodes (when the new growth or node of the plant has unlined up branches...ones alittle higher than the other)

dude dont know what all that stuff is but i know what those green things are. lookin really good!! fire it up

well today is day 21 in veg. all seems to be ok except i have 1 or 2 that are a little droopy.. not sure why but the rest look healthy. im wondering what you guys would do. this is all bagseed and i have 10 ak47 seeds coming from serious seed. would you flower this stuff soon and start the ak when it gets here? id like to have a continuous thing going but im real new to this. any advice is greatly appreciated. i do appear to have a few black gnat looking things floating around the room. ive sprayed with soapy water and also sprayed some time release insectised (pyroteum)SP??? and it seemed to cut them back. they dont appear to be doing any damage . they came in with some miracle grow organic soil. should i get rid of that soil?? i had put 5 in dirt when i ran out of room. thanks

weed 001.jpg

weed 002.jpg

weed 003.jpg

Whats up Blunt. Everything is coming right along and looking great. You can start flowering anytime ya want mang it's all up to the grower and that my friend is you. Ya gotta remember the sooner you flower the less your yield will be. The longer you veg the bigger your yield will be. If you know them Fungas Gnats came from that soil and you don't want them i would get rid of it. ;)

Latest posts

Back