6 Plant Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranek Icewalker

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, got a new grow going wanted to do a full Grow Journal for it, so here it is.

Im going 5 Gallon Bucket DWC, with a 5inch round airstone in each, this is my first time growing in buckets.

Im using Rootbastic from Atami for the first 2 weeks, Advance Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom 3 Part, and i will be adding Kool Blooms during flower cycle.

The Clones are at 280ppm

Starting on the left front ive got Northern Lights #5, Northern Lights #5, Alien Kush / Bubba Kush, Back Row left to right is, Third Dimension, Master Bubba and Dj Shorts BlueBerry.

Update soon as i see some growth :)

question and comment are welcome and appreciated.

GEDC0062.jpg

GEDC00674.jpg

I put the pics in the wrong order, Stoner move.

Hey RI, looking great man. How large is that room? Its going to be full of leaves very soon!

Good luck man.

Thanks Stoney, that area in the picture is 30inch deep by 60inch wide, its a walk in closet that is split in half.

Im running 1000w HPS, im thinking of downgrading to a 600W just in case its too much heat.

Ranek Icewalker said:
Thanks Stoney, that area in the picture is 30inch deep by 60inch wide, its a walk in closet that is split in half.

Im running 1000w HPS, im thinking of downgrading to a 600W just in case its too much heat.

Most of the rooms that size that I've had, I used a pair of 400's in. I always thought it had better light coverage and the heat was at the top end of the allowed limits each time.

5 feet is a long way to expect a 600 to reach with a good lumen count IMO. A lot depends on your ventilation.

StoneyBud said:
Most of the rooms that size that I've had, I used a pair of 400's in. I always thought it had better light coverage and the heat was at the top end of the allowed limits each time.

5 feet is a long way to expect a 600 to reach with a good lumen count IMO. A lot depends on your ventilation.

Ive used this 1000W for a few grows so far and it does well, but those were all auto grows, so im gonna try to do alot of super cropping on these ladies, and try to keep em as low as possible, i dont expect problems but im just trying to be efficient with my space/lighting.

But my ventilation is good, the walk in closet leads to a half bath, i vent into the bathroom and keep the vent fan in the bathroom running, it really keeps my temps at a manageable level, stays about 80 with the light on.

Those are great temps, I'd just leave it alone and keep the 1K. Why sacrifice the rock hard baseballs that much light in that space is going to give you.

Imagine how easy it will be to control once you're running the a/c in your house. Good ventilation means everything.

Good luck!

How many air pumps are connected? I would use two of the type i can see in the first pic. I think that pump has 4 outlets.

v35b said:
How many air pumps are connected? I would use two of the type i can see in the first pic. I think that pump has 4 outlets.

Ive got the one you see in the pic, and another pump that is for a 100g tank with just 2 outlets that i use, my buckets are very very bubbley.

on a side note my little clone gals look kinda droopy today, ive never grown from clone so im not sure if they do that getting used to the big light, they are throwing roots all outside the pots, but a couple of the ones with larger fan leaves, are looking kinda droopy.

I'm doing 3 girls in an 18gal tub with the same pump...They are happy..Not sure about the clones..I always do seeds. I think as long as they are pushing out new roots they will be fine.

v35b said:
I'm doing 3 girls in an 18gal tub with the same pump...They are happy..Not sure about the clones..I always do seeds. I think as long as they are pushing out new roots they will be fine.

Yea man, that pump seems really worth it for the price.

Ive never grown with clones either, always seeds, so im nervous im gonna burn them to death or something cause i dunno if i treat them like babies or normal plants :)

Figured i'd update my journal since its beena few days, ive been having some trouble with a couple of my girls trying to sort it out, I think its Lack of P nutes, cause the spotting and curling, but i could be wrong, anyone feel free to chime in any suggestions, the other girl i have no idea what is wrong with her, she is droopy and her leaves are curling.

Ive been keeping my PH in order so i dont think thats a problem with my girls, they have been hovering around 5.5-5.9.
Temps have been mid 70's last few days in the room, so i dont think its heat.

I tossed in a pic of my NL#5 she has grown ALOT over the passed few days and is making me happy.
php5BY21sPM.jpg

phplbp5JOPM.jpg

php8WIH8nPM.jpg

phpfhcxejPM.jpg

Latest posts

Back