750 lumens, times13

• Thread starter PeaceLove&FreeBudz
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mastersativa said:
Man, sure are alot of cfl bashers, lol. I havent seen 20 dollar hps either, but would be interested to see. Anyway, check out my grow, it will explain alot about cfl's and how they work. My results are pretty good with em.

I don't think that anyone is really "bashing" CFLs. CFLs and other fluoros work well for vegging and moms, but falls way short when we are talking about flowering. And trust me, those of us that have grown for years know pretty much all there is to know about CFLs and other lights.

We are just trying to inform people. I don't know where the notion ever came from that CFLs are cheaper and/or cooler--they are not. Not only are they not cheaper to buy, they also produce substantially less bud than the same wattage HPS. These are the facts. If you are using CFLs to flower, you are paying more for less.

i have 2 400watt lumatek systems and took my MH out of my veg area to use cfls.i can see no difference in growth.my plants are short and tight nodes.i went with cfls because of space.my veg area is 2x2x4.i veg 4 plants at a time.using the 400 i had no head room because of the vented reflector.now i have room enough to get my plants to the size i want them before putting into flower.

andy52 said:
i have 2 400watt lumatek systems and took my MH out of my veg area to use cfls.i can see no difference in growth.my plants are short and tight nodes.i went with cfls because of space.my veg area is 2x2x4.i veg 4 plants at a time.using the 400 i had no head room because of the vented reflector.now i have room enough to get my plants to the size i want them before putting into flower.
I'm glad it worked out for you, man. In pot growing, the most important factor is getting the job done. How you arrive there is personal preference.

I have a 3.5 x 5.5 area that is 8 feet tall. I use two 430 watt lumatek ballasts to light it. My plants are 5 feet tall at harvest.

Good luck to you!

You can follow along with my other thread. im using just 3 cfls right now then bumping up to a MH or HPS for when its time to flower in about 2-3 weeks.

even though i find out sex in about a week so i mightnot get that far, till i grab my clones in a couple weeks.

PeaceLove&FreeBudz said:
You can follow along with my other thread. im using just 3 cfls right now then bumping up to a MH or HPS for when its time to flower in about 2-3 weeks.

You want a HPS for flowering, not a MH.

i agree that MH is best for veggin.but for those that can not afford a Mh,cfls are good for veggin.but they do throw some heat also.i just leave my veg area open 24-7 and the lights also.with a fan sitting in the door.to me its better than hooking up all the blowers and hid.takes too much room in my area.when i go larger i will use Mh for my veggin,since i already have the gear to run.my mazars are beautiful under the cfls tho.i understand the penetration idea.i also know that HPS is the only way to go in flower.you get what you pay for.anyone trying to flower under cfls are wasting time and elec.just try one grow under HPS&MH and you will know what i am talking about.

For sure, Im looking into getting a good Hps for a decent price. Ive seen plenty on craigs list but thats a risk in itself.

Any good site anyone can offer up for a cheap hps?
just enough to get away with 3 plants flowering.
im not trying to spend to much, but i know i ned to get into the hps.

PeaceLove&FreeBudz said:
For sure, Im looking into getting a good Hps for a decent price. Ive seen plenty on craigs list but thats a risk in itself.

Any good site anyone can offer up for a cheap hps?
just enough to get away with 3 plants flowering.
im not trying to spend to much, but i know i ned to get into the hps.

How big a space do you have? You can get a 150W HPS for $20 + shipping. I have a small scrog going now (2 x 2) and am using 2 150W. I think that it is going to be a decent harvest. You can also get a 400W for around $100 or so.

3x2
Im only doing 3 plants. maybe in 2 harests ill do a SOG. i just wanna get the materials and my knowledge up to par.

where did you get your HPS from HEMPGODDESS

Latest posts

Back