8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh thanks guys...I think I will make sure not to flood my buckets to the top so the top of my coco stays dry....headed to the store now to see what I can find.

I recommend sticky traps to keep the gnats at bay.
lost coast plant therapy will also help with several problems thru your grow including gnats and can also be used as a maintenance.
View attachment 323733View attachment 323734
Is lost coast a foliar spray?

Ugh thanks guys...I think I will make sure not to flood my buckets to the top so the top of my coco stays dry....headed to the store now to see what I can find.

Is lost coast a foliar spray?
I got a free sample of it from my grow store last year. When I got thrips, I remembered it and mixed up a batch, wet my plants down with it three days in a row under dark time. The thrips were not found the first day after using it and they never came back.
I also had PM once and tried it with very sucessful results after just the first day. I know brother boo got a free sample too and tried them on his white flies. It helped bit he was way into flower and it made to much of a mess for him but he did say that the stuff worked.
I’ve never tried it on gnats. When I get fungus gnats, I use the sticky traps stuck in the soil and it keeps them at bay but I would try it on the gnats. I just haven’t had them since I discovered the product.
i think they may still offer a free sample of the product for shipping cost if you want to try it. It is very nice to have on hand if you need to treat anything in a hurry. It says it is safe to use in flower. I was in flower 5 weeks when I used it for PM

I got a free sample of it from my grow store last year. When I got thrips, I remembered it and mixed up a batch, wet my plants down with it three days in a row under dark time. The thrips were not found the first day after using it and they never came back.
I also had PM once and tried it with very sucessful results after just the first day. I know brother boo got a free sample too and tried them on his white flies. It helped bit he was way into flower and it made to much of a mess for him but he did say that the stuff worked.
I’ve never tried it on gnats. When I get fungus gnats, I use the sticky traps stuck in the soil and it keeps them at bay but I would try it on the gnats. I just haven’t had them since I discovered the product.
i think they may still offer a free sample of the product for shipping cost if you want to try it. It is very nice to have on hand if you need to treat anything in a hurry. It says it is safe to use in flower. I was in flower 5 weeks when I used it for PM
Lost Coast has free samples. I have meant to get one since subby and boo have seen excellent results using it. Here is a link to the free sample page:

https://www.lostcoastplanttherapy.com/products/individual

Yellow hardhat with petroleum jelly.
I also use yellow fly swatters the same way.
IMG_20221004_173949567_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221004_173942147_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221004_173936916.jpg
IMG_20221004_173931753.jpg

I went to Lowes and got some of the yellow stickys submarinegirl linked me. Put those down. Sprinkled some DE on top of the coco. Misted the plants with some neem oil. And plugged in some of those blue light sticky things that gnats are attracted to and turned the lights off for an hour or 2...

We will see what happens!

If this fails guess I'm headed back to Lowes for a hard hat! 🤣

Yellow Fly Swatters. Smear petroleum jelly on the Swatter,it will go into the holes of the swatter,Cut the handle off to get rid of the big part and stick the little part of the handle of the Swatter in the pot with the plant.

I think that might have done the trick...I was in there cleaning up a little bit and didn't see any flying around. A bunch were stuck to a few of the yellow stickys and a bunch were stuck to the blue light. I was just supposed to sprinkle a little of the de on the coco right? I noticed when I did, a few of the nats started flying off the coco...I know I caught this pretty early so hopefully thats it!

I was just supposed to sprinkle a little of the de on the coco right?
That is what I do. I think you are supposed to wear a mask since it can hurt your lungs but I always forget. I am sure I breathe in worse stuff on occasion. I have used it on my rose bushes too when I get aphids or caterpillars. Looks ugly but better than having my leaves obliterated by the littles buggers. I leave it on the leaves for a day or two and then wash it off.

Day 35 - Caught up on some training today. Things coming along nicely....can I cut the little branch in 2nd pic at the bottom off? It's so thick but so short...idk if I'm allowed to do that .....
20230403_175613.jpg
20230403_155055.jpg
20230403_073354.jpg
20230403_181809.jpg
20230403_181804.jpg
20230403_181756.jpg
20230403_181730.jpg
20230403_075001.jpg
20230403_181725.jpg
20230403_190104.jpg

Last edited:
can I cut the little branch in 2nd pic at the bottom off?
You can do anything you want(obviously) but I would cut it. It won’t get a lot of light and you have plenty of branches that will be getting good light. The nice thing about having your own garden is you are ‘allowed’ to do whatever you want to. It doesn’t hurt to ask for opinions and it doesn’t hurt to try things you want to try. The sky is the limit with your setup. Well, not the sky, more like your light fly height but you know what I am saying.

You can do anything you want(obviously) but I would cut it. It won’t get a lot of light and you have plenty of branches that will be getting good light. The nice thing about having your own garden is you are ‘allowed’ to do whatever you want to. It doesn’t hurt to ask for opinions and it doesn’t hurt to try things you want to try. The sky is the limit with your setup. Well, not the sky, more like your light fly height but you know what I am saying.
🤣 I know man. I just meant should I, like is it a good idea to cut a big thick branch off like that. I wasn't sure if it would slow her down or anything. There are def plenty of bud sites! Ive been wanting to chop that little fella off for awhile lol...

Is it normal to have to defoliate everyday? It feels like I could literally spend an hour a day defoliating. Am I doing too much? Everyday I go in there, there are fan leaves covering bud sites and they get all bushy after a day or 2....

Is it normal to have to defoliate everyday? It feels like I could literally spend an hour a day defoliating. Am I doing too much? Everyday I go in there, there are fan leaves covering bud sites and they get all bushy after a day or 2....
Yeah but don't over do it. Couple of leaves per plant

You can also try to tuck leaves out of the way

Latest posts

Back