This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how would i go about regulating my Co2? I am in a closet, are their like systems i can buy?

Depends on the strain to some extent. My plants were as high as 44C last grow, that's a lot higher than 90F and I had a good harvest.

i have seen plants produce decent bud even with temps occasionally at 100F, but that def not ideal. you can get away with 90F if you keep Co2 at 1500 ppm. tanked Co2 is prob the way to go in a closet. you would also need some sort of Co2 controller/sensor to keep constant levels. any Co2 setup will cost you a few hundred, so its not worth it unless you have enough lighting to use the Co2, and enough plants to justify the cost

..:confused2:... yup.. just throw em in there and grow 'em at 90 degrees....hell, crank it up too 100. I've seen plenty of temps at the century mark outdoors!..
then in a few days you can post in thhe "sick plants" section.. "my girls are curling, turning yellow, crisp.yadd yadda.."... "WHAT IS WRONG?"..
and these same ppl ans/or others can tell you that it is "too hot in your growroom... your plants are suffering heat stress"...

..Will MJ grow in 90 temps?..yes..Will they flourish?..no...Will they produce to their potential?...no... Will it increase your chances of having other difficulties?..yes

Hick said:
..:confused2:... yup.. just throw em in there and grow 'em at 90 degrees....hell, crank it up too 100. I've seen plenty of temps at the century mark outdoors!..
then in a few days you can post in thhe "sick plants" section.. "my girls are curling, turning yellow, crisp.yadd yadda.."... "WHAT IS WRONG?"..
and these same ppl ans/or others can tell you that it is "too hot in your growroom... your plants are suffering heat stress"...

..Will MJ grow in 90 temps?..yes..Will they flourish?..no...Will they produce to their potential?...no... Will it increase your chances of having other difficulties?..yes
Cool, be rude. thanks I feel better now. My plants look a lot healthier since I started watering them correctly. Stop chastising me please. I mean you, and everyone else told me what to do. I don't see why you'd make a remark so mean is all. I guess I'm done asking questions. Goodbye

Dont take it to heart SS :)

Enter this forum as you would enter a group of friends, its a group of buddies chatting, Hick was not having a personal attack, he was just saying whats going to happen if you dont take heed of advice.

I was as new as you once and read in black and white, everything I read what robotic, factual and flat, if you open your eyes and your mind, and you will see the funny side of the site as we do ;)

Reading between the lines is sometimes more important than reading the lines themselves.

:peace:

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Cool, be rude. thanks I feel better now. My plants look a lot healthier since I started watering them correctly. Stop chastising me please. I mean you, and everyone else told me what to do. I don't see why you'd make a remark so mean is all. I guess I'm done asking questions. Goodbye
My post was certainly NOT directed at you, nor as a means of "chastising"..
"I" believe that the advice you reciieved is "faulty" at best. "I" believe that 90 degrees F is "to hot" for your room.
I was/am trying to lead you in a more productive direction. I "garauntee" if you get the air circulation "up", and ambient temps "down" to below 80F, your grow will have fewer problems and be more productive.

Alright thanks after I posted that I kind of that, oh crap what if that towards the others remarks. Sorry again, but how would I go about cooling the temps down? It's a 1000w light in an open metal ballast

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Alright thanks after I posted that I kind of that, oh crap what if that towards the others remarks. Sorry again, but how would I go about cooling the temps down? It's a 1000w light in an open metal ballast
There is only "one" way... more cool air in, more hot air out...
either by isolating the heat source(light) n cooling it individually. (a cool tube) or simply more often changng the air in the entire room.(more ventilation)

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:

Listen I hate to bare the bad news Bro,,but if that light is to much for your "size" growroom(Heat Wise) yer gonna need an Air-conditioner cooling that closet down,,, or smaller light system. Those temps are to high grow nice healthy juicy plants.
Do ya have lots of air moving around in the Growroom? What size Exhaust fan are you using?

OH and by the way,,,,,,:postpicsworthless:

without a reflector that you can cool,its going to be hard to adequately control the temps.get a ventable hood and some good cfm's blowers and you will see the difference.i too am building a bigger grow area,using 4 1000 watters in each area.1 for veg and 1 for flower.i have been testing the areas for the last 2 days to make sure i have it under control before starting any plants.do not skimp on the blowers also.the blowers i used to cool my 400's will not keep the 1000's cool enough for me.during the hot months last yr.,i used 2 portable ac units to keep the 2 tents cool enough.it costs too much for me to do this.but in my new area i am using a basement,the temps stay very cool there and easier to control.good luck

IMO, it will be easier and cheaper to cool your space than to set up a CO2 system. An air cooled reflector with the correct size fan will make a huge difference. And in the winter, you have nature's A/C to get that cooler air in that you need. I exhaust the hot air from my light into a living space in the winter to help heat my home.

Just cool it. goddess is right,as usual.500 ways to cool a room.as my lights get bigger my knowledge of cooling gets better.hell with ambient room temp of 68f i can't keep my grow over 71f.And thats a 400watt hps in a bread box pretty much.my fan speed regulator all the way down,passive intakes.Describe size and dimensions and basic set up of grow and light size.give me a few mins to think about it and i'll tell you exactly what to do.my 170 cfm ex fan only draws 40 watts,less than that on lowest setting.so it dosen't take huge fans to cool either.oh goddess's carbon scrubber design on exhaust too.I'm all about diy and as cheap as i can go without sacrificing performance.

Latest posts

Back