A few brown spots , should i Panic ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Puffs Alot

Reaction score
I was wondering if the little brown spots (about 5 or so total on all my plants) normal? it’s like it’s drying , the tips of 3 leafs are also starting this , it’s very small right now about .5mm square. I use only organic soil and fish & seaweed fertilizers. My lamps are only CLF. Could this be due to the stress of changing my plants pots yesterday? Because I did damage about 15% of the tiny roots way at the bottom when I was transplanting. Also if it helps my plants are 19 days old in veg.

It could be a number of things from under-watering, over-watering, nute burn, etc, etc. First of all, I would hold off of the nutrients till they are a little older. Second of all, I would post PICS!

never panic,when you have a problem,stop and think about what you are doing.some people have a tendency to react before really delving into the problem and thus even more hurting the plant or plants.when i have an issue,i wait and watch.i check my ph and tds and temps.if its only localized to one plant, its detrimental to over react.
some pics would greatly help the diagnosis of your problem.

Andy is dead right. An example:
I found a little hybrid seedling that had managed somehow to grow late in the year, outside. It was a sickly thing. I transplanted it very gently to a small pot and brought it inside. It had brown spots like you mention and was not a good colour.
It looked like N deficiency but though I was very tempted to feed it, doctor it or whatever, I managed to resist the temptation and just put it under some cool CFLs and left it alone. For a few days it was touch and go but it soon recovered and now is growing really fast. So I recommend not messing around, just establish good growing conditions and leave the plants to adjust.

andy52 said:
never panic,when you have a problem,stop and think about what you are doing.some people have a tendency to react before really delving into the problem and thus even more hurting the plant or plants.when i have an issue,i wait and watch.i check my ph and tds and temps.if its only localized to one plant, its detrimental to over react.
some pics would greatly help the diagnosis of your problem.

This should get stickied or automatically stuffed into newbs sigs.

Many growers could learn plenty from Andy's Approach/Style to growing

Latest posts

Back