A Month With No Smoke...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn1985

Reaction score
Tonight is a month since my last smoke. I've been abstaining because I know a job change is upcoming, and I'll have to pass a pre-employment drug test. My current company is not doing well, and I've secured a job at another company. I anticipate a formal interview this week (a mere formality), and a urine drug test at the end of the week.

I've been testing clean with over-the-counter THC drug tests all week, so I don't anticipate any problems. I failed those tests for 3 weeks after I quit smoking, but I'm passing them now. I wanted to pass naturally, because I know that my new company will use a good drug testing lab that would probably easily detect synthetic urine. I will take proactive measures, and drink lots of water and gatorade before my test, just to be sure.

I was a daily smoker for a long time. I smoked one bowl of AK47 before bedtime every night. And quitting was easy (physically), but I'll sure be glad to hit the bowl once I'm employed by my new company. I'll get really high off two hits that night, won't I? :)

Wait just a bit after the test.

My SIL had to take a test for a new job, abstained and did it right just as you are doing.

Took the test, went home, packed a bowl, took a hit and the phone rings. The lab tech had dropped the tray with all the samples and SIL had to return the next day to re take the test.:holysheep:

She passed the test, or at least got the job (She's a CPA). But spent a very sleepless night, not to mention all the water and gatorade she downed. That one or 2 hits she took really had her freaked. Told me if they hadn't called when they did there wouldn't be enough water in the world. She was really planning on making up for the month+ she hadn't smoked.:D

Her story always stuck with me just for the unexpected stuff that can happen.

Wet

Way to go. Clean Pee is the only way to go.

My young friend had a cheek swab test...the employer asked her if she had smoked on the way to the test...She had, she had synthetic urine so she thought she was free. Oh boy..
Good for you and congrats on the new job Auburn.

Rosebud said:
My young friend had a cheek swab test...the employer asked her if she had smoked on the way to the test...She had, she had synthetic urine so she thought she was free. Oh boy..

That's too good....:rofl: She needed to bring some synthetic cheeks....:D

Good for you Auburn. I have to say that I am glad that I will never have to pass a drug test for a job. LOL--my last employer said that he didn't drug test because he needed employees--he didn't think there were any plumbers out there who would test clean.

Wetdog, I think it is horrible that anyone would have to take a drug test to be a CPA. What in the world is up with **** like that? I can understand people not wanting someone imbiding while working, but with mj staying in your system so long, it is more like your employer dictating your life style.

Anyway, congrats Auburn.

Plumber test clean ahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha never met one.

ozzydiodude said:
Plumber test clean ahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha never met one.

But that's not from weed.......it's from "crack"......I've never heard of "plumbers weed"....:D

It's the pipe glue that trash us plumber. After running sewer pipe all day you can't hardly walk straight especially if in a tight space.

Well, thanks to you all. I appreciate the support. I feel like a lab rat waiting to be injected with something meant to give me a disease. Drug tests have always made me feel that way.

I hate not having my nightly bedtime smoke, on my second story bedroom deck looking out in the moonlight at the corn growing in my back fields...listening to the owls...and the coyotes howling...so serene...

7greeneyes said:
Good on you for sticking to it. It's a testament of your character...

I should have the interview this week or early next, and the drug test by the end of next week. Hopefully I'll be smoking soon after that. Wow, I should really get high when I smoke again, shouldn't I? After 6 weeks off? :)

oh yeah, had to do a short stint in rehab with about a pound of skunk in my freezer. Everynight I'd go home and open up a container and just bury my nose..lol...saying"one day my love one day we'll be together again"

10 months later....

The first day after I was free from the man's eye, I smoked tough like I had never quit. And man was I ssooooooooo high I was quasi-hallucinating...taker e z ....

Well, the interview is Wednesday of this week @ 9:00. Hope to have the drug test shortly thereafter, and be smoking again by the weekend. :)

Good luck with the interview

Don't it seem strange that in order to "pass" a drug test you have to fail it?

ozzydiodude said:
Good luck with the interview

Don't it seem strange that in order to "pass" a drug test you have to fail it?

Yeah, never thought of it that way but you're right...thanks and will let you know...

Good luck this week! Good for you. You will be looking out over your corn soon enough!

Latest posts

Back