a question from a friend that has no pc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
got a call form a friend last night and he asked me a question about his plant that i couldnt realy answer so im turning to you guys for help ok my friend is growing in a5 gal bucket filled 3/4 the way full with top soil his plants have looked real good and done well up till now they are mostly out side plants (he takes them out in the am and brings them in at night) but hes said over the past few days that his fan leaves are loking burnt at the tips and starting to curl i know that he has used miracle grow on them in the soil the stick type and it says one piece per potter well he told me that hes been using 2 sticks in his potter because there are 2 plants whereas there is normally one in each potter and thats why he doubled the ammount

i told him it sounded to me like his plants were being over nutriented and to water a few times for the next few days to help flush out some of the nutrients and regain some balance in his grow is this idea ok to do or is there something else that i should fill him in on to do :hairpull:

That sound good to me. Those sticks are time realesed too (over time). verry well could be that they are just drowning the plants by letting out too many nutes at one time. This is why measuring and controlling your nutes is important.

I will say this too. You really will not be able to make an acurate diagnosis with out pics and more details on his grow.:cool:

I heard changing your plants surroundings/environment makes it become stressed. You've heard about plants going into shock for a day or so after transplant right? Well maybe that's happening here...

Tell him to leave it inside for a couple days...

WAIT WAIT... does he have lights for when its inside? How old is the plant?

Dunno Clever... could be deeper than that.

he has a few small W shop lights that he doesnt use at night he trying to keep the plants on earth grow time and light and the plants have just recently shown to be fems got little hairs all over kinda like mine i cant get pics of it but i can tell you that his plants have real dark brown crunchy tips about 1/8" or less on the fan leaves and them only the plants are about 4' so im thinking that they are about to flower here soon (i know i wish mine would faster)

Does he feed it nutrients?

And keep giving us updates, I want to see how this turns out.

he says all hes used other than the sun and tap water is the miracle grow plant sticks in top soil from a home deopt he also said that hes noticed a few small green bugs coming out of the soil but hes never seen any on the plant

Dude, that doodoo aint good... (trying not to swear)

I'd tell him to transplant the plant to a pot with NEW SOIL. The bugs could be eating the roots, contaminating the water, who knows! I'm not a big expert really, but I think thats the problem.

"WHY" would he bring them in at nite??..if he's flowering..
the flowering process is in full swing in the northern hemi right now.
real dark brown crunchy tips about 1/8" or less on the fan leaves
Sounds like that MG has done it again..to me.

he says he worried about his neighbors in the apartment complex behind him stealing his plants hes inner city so thats always a threat and he also takes them in because he has a big pole with a light on it and is his plants are starting to flower he wants them in total dark and the pole and light light up his whole back yard at night

I told you... I bet half of the roots are gone by now.

i seen the little buggers that hes talking about they only comeout when hes watering and run across the soil and go back in the dirt and the plants are so far along now wouldnt it be bad to transplant into a new soil cause some shock and trauma to the plants and set them back a few days on growth

Uh... thats better than letting them DIE COMPLETELY before they even grow some decent sized buds.

Who knows what kind of damage those bugs are doing. HECK, they could be preventing it from budding.

Sounds like the light his plant is getting isn't consistent. Sounds like a little here, a little there...

i told him to transplant and he said hes gonna but what if the bugs that are in there have eaten all the roots shold he use some clonex root gel when he does jsut to be safe

he keeps it out from sun up till sundown so i fairly sure its gettin enough light

Never heard of this root gel, what does it do?

And do a little research on transplanting then give him some tips, so he doesnt FUDGE something up.

Does it heal roots or keep them in place?

its more for clones kinda like root powder but its a gel liquid its what i used to make my clones and they grew root in less than a week

Latest posts

Back