A small tribute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SativaWeed

Home Grown Gnome
Reaction score
I'd just like to take a minute and pay some small tribute to my wonderful wife Mrs.Weeds' mother, who passed away this last Friday after enduring a long campaign against lymphatic cancer. She was 87.
I was blessed with the oppurtunity to get to know Roz after my then girl friend the now Mrs.Weed talked me into going to thier lake cottage. She immediatly treated me like a member of the family from the very start and I knew then that I'd come to love this woman like a second mother. She always greeted me with a warm hug and an "It's so good to see you!" There was never a time I did not feel welcome to be near her. I was given the gift of preparing what would turn out to be the last Thanksgiving dinner at her home two years ago. That turned out to be my father-in-laws last Thanksgiving as he passed away last May. So it became an even more precious memory for me.
I did not get a chance to say good bye to Roz before she died last week. My wife and daughters were able to make the three hour trip north t see her a few days earlier so they were able to tell her goodbye and that they loved her. My wife said she had been told by mom that she should, "tell ( ) that I love him and I'm happy he's your husband."
My wife called me at work on the day mom died. I couldn't leave. I'm on "improvement review" for the next 3 months. I couldn't leave. My wife got there while she was still alive but unconcious, they couldn't wake her. She quietly stopped breathing, and slipped away.
I'm greatful she went peacefully in her sleep (we should all be so lucky) because that's the way she deserved to go. She was one of the good ones as they used to say.

I am sorry for your loss man. I would also like to thank you as reading this brings me fond memories of those I've lost. To know someone for a short time is better than to have not known them at all.

I feel your loss Weed, i just lost my mother to cancer not to long ago, it hurts but the hurting gets a lil easyer as time goes by, but it never leaves. God bless and keep her safe. man im sorry

Latest posts

Back