A Tribute to Harry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I lost my good buddy Harry on Tues. Sever arthritis finally got the best of him. He was special. Harry waltzed into my life in April of 2009, shortly after I had lost a dog due to an errant driver. This beautiful Australian Shepard mix walked through the doggie door like he belonged there, sat down in front of me, and looked up at me with those soulful eyes. In a small community, it is quick business to find the owner of a lost dog and return him. However, 2 days later, there he was again. I called, they retrieved him. This went on for weeks. Finally, I ran into the owner at the grocery story and I had Harry with me. He told me that he figured that Harry had made his choice and he had chosen to live with me. He was the happiest dog. He loved everybody and everybody loved him. I can honestly tell everyone that in all my 61 years of life, I have never had a male so sorry to see me go or so glad to see me come home. I shall miss him dearly. Harry will live on for a while anyway in the puppies he sired before I had him neutered. One looks and acts so like him that it makes me smile.

So, here is my tribute to Harry, my buddy and companion. He really was a one in a million dog.

Harry 011-1.jpg

Harry 012-1.jpg

Harry 014-1.jpg

Harry 013-1.jpg

Harry 016-1.jpg

I'm sorry about Harry. ***hugs*** He was a beautiful pup. He looks so happy in the pics. He had a good life, I can tell.

I, too, had to put down my 90 lb great pyrenees Winnie yesterday. She had a tumor in her nose. It's a very aggressive form of cancer that accounts for only 1% of cancers in dogs. :( Yesterday the tumor decided to grow out of her nose and doubled in size by the afternoon and her left eye started sinking into her skull. I had her cremated and will pick her ashes up tomorrow. This pic was taken in June, when she 1st started having bloody noses.

It's so damn hard losing a furry friend. She was a big girl and her missing presence is very noticible. I'm having a real tough time today. I hope you're doing better then me.

This is a big tear-jerker but a friend sent this to me today. Grab a tissue.

Last Night

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...

In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

~Author Unknown

zwinnie1.jpg

My condolences as well. It is sad to lose a family member....

Peace

I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I've had mine and know.

My thoughts and prayers are with you THG.

Been a rough year for our members with dogs this year. I hope things get better

Just miss them so much when they are gone:(

All puppies go to heaven:)

Sorry to hear that THG...they become part of the family and it sucks when we lose them. RIP.

Harry, what a guy you were! You chose your family well. You loved large, i can tell. And, he loved you so THG. He was lucky to have that unconditional love returned by you. What amazing pictures of a great guy! Do you have one of his puppies? I hope so.
Big hugs THG.

Sorry to here about yur friend. Its sad when they have to go. Hope yur heart mends in good time friend.

BWD

So sorry for your loss, THG - and yours, too SmokinMom. These creatures get under our skin and into our hearts before we know it, and they sure leave a void when they go.

We're better people for having known them.

Sorry for yur loss THG. Our Dog is like our kid too.

so sorry for your losses THG and SM :(
always hard to lose such a faithful friend

THG, sorry to hear of Harry's passing. I'll bet he was a great friend.
When a dog chooses you, you can be sure he's not there for the food bowl or a warm place to sleep. He's there because he new something about you......he chose to be your friend. He chose to stay and live and love, and IMO that says something special about you as a person.
Deepest sympathies.

Harry reminds me of a couple of dogs i have had over the years they always make us smile and then cry when we have to say good bye,

Harry and Winnie run with the Great Pack now, that you can take solace in. Tho sad for the emptiness they leave, we can think back at how complete they made our lives while here and celebrate their lives.

I'm very sorry for both your losses, I've lost quite a few along the trail (to adopt BWD's speak...lol) and it never gets easier. We never can replace them but we can always add to our families. :)

Much love,

7ge

sorry for your loss thg, sm, and you too duck...ell and i know how you feel as we put down two dogs this past july that were very old, and it was past thier time. it was very hard on my wife. it was the first time either of us ever remember not having a dog in our home. it broke me down more just watching her grieve. i knew what i had to do. another dog was what we needed to bring the harmony back to our home...

this is Fancy. ell named her. she is a rescue dog, and they healed each other...(although she goes everywhere with daddy)<that would be me.:)

our condolences to each of you...peace...

009.JPG

aww what a good puppy, yes she is!

cool dog, Irish.

Latest posts

Back