about the dark hours!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85cannabliss

HERB SMOKER
Reaction score
hi when your plants are asleep, how much light actually makes the plant hermie?

id say my grow is arouns 99% lightproof. i have a baffle fitted to the bootm fan, and have cooker hood carbon covering the top fan. only slight light is escaping it. what i want to know is will the light reflecting off the tiles into the hole (if it does) through the filter (again if its strong enough to) and then be even remotely strong enough to do alot of damage to the plants?

thanks in advance 85C

heres it before the baffle and filter
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33923&d=1189975769

ive added a light baffle to the bottom now and this is how it is positioned now.

outside.stealth.JPG

how bright is that exectly? sorry for pushing i just dont wanna hermie them.

how bright is that exectly?
:confused2:Now thats getting a lil too technical for me. You're lucky you got the first answer...i'm stupid:D.

hahaha, thanks anyway mate. and havent you had the MVP award?? cant be that stupid.

ive heard that full moonlight is 400,000 times less than direct sunlight. if any1 has a calculation i could use?!?! i dunno just throwing ideas around now

The sun is 449,000x brighter than a full moon.
Full moon=approx. .01 lumens...the sun about 12,000 lumens per sq.
pitch black is what your shooting for.

thanks mutt, just sat while the lights went off for the first time and chacked to see if the light would be getting in and i dont think it is, so fingered crossed i get all females and let them stay female too :D

at my old house i hade two grow rooms and at the bottom of the door there was about a 3/4 inc. space which let a little light threw but every thing was fine. i think as long as the light doesnt hit the plant directly u should be fine.

thanks dank, but i honestly dont think its gonna be a problem. it gets fery dark in that room when the light is off. and it doesnt get used regularly either, so they will be ok, im sure.

what ive been told form my very first mentor was that you should picture yourself in an open field on a clear night with a full white moon, and then think of how your hand looks in that light at arms length and thats how bright it can be up to.i know its a small one your growing in but maby turn off the flash on your cam set the timer and put it in the cab and have it snap a pic with the lights in the room on. thats what i did to mine it was real dark didnt see any light in the pic

thanks DUBBAMAN, ill do that tonight. only 1 problem, that open feild thing, im not anywhere near any feilds lol, but im sure if i find my self in 1 inthe middle of the night, ill be sure to check out how things look at arms length lol. (dont see it happening any time soon tho)

hey dubbaman, i was in there with them as the lights went out last night, and i dont think ANY light is get in there at all. so my worrying days are over.

85cannabliss said:
hey dubbaman, i was in there with them as the lights went out last night, and i dont think ANY light is get in there at all. so my worrying days are over.

Sweet:hubba:

well it cant get any more pitch black than that now can it :rofl: now jsut be sure you dont :bump: into stuff

Latest posts

Back