Advanced Nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hum, I've read good things about AN like the OP but the price is usually the main con.

I'd be interested to see what the 3 part jungle juice could do.

Wetdog said:
There is NO such thing as a mj specific nutrient.

That could only be true if every plant in the world required exactly the same nutrients in exactly the same proportions. Is that true? Of course not.

There are all kinds of different plants that have all kinds of different requirements. If you give most pepper plants the same nutrients you give your tomatoes you'll end up with huge, leafy green bushes but no peppers. Not a one. They have to have virtually no nitrogen to set fruit.

Tomatoes require a lot more calcium and magnesium than most plants or else you end up with blossom end rot.

Beans and other nitrogen-fixers actually put nitrogen into the soil.

Different plants require different nutrients. That's a fact. Saying every plant needs the same food is like saying every mammal needs the same food. Try getting a healthy tiger and a healthy horse using the same feed for both.

There absolutely can be a marijuana specific nutrient. Now it's possible and even likely that a nutrient specific to marijuana would be really good or even perfect for another plant, but it certainly would not be good for every plant. All MJ-specific means is that the people who made it tailored it specifically to fit the needs of MJ. Other compatibility is incidental.

knowboddy said:
There absolutely can be a marijuana specific nutrient.

Well what is this marijuana specific nutrient?:confused2:

pcduck said:

He explained it pretty well I thought

its any nutrient that is designed specifically for marijuana

theres orchid fertilizer, tomato fertilizer, lawn fertilizer... try using those on the wrong plants and see how well it works

People want to say that MJ aint special and doesn't need special nutes but the truth is it aint special BECAUSE it benefits from special nutes

you can grow most any plant on a basic general fertilizer (some exceptions, but most plants will do okay). But theyre like literally every other living thing on the planet in that they do best when their diet is tailored to their individual species needs

pcduck said:
:yeahthat:

Those orchid, tomato, lawn, nutrients are merely variations on the NPK and the micros, like cal and mag for tomatoes.

Still, no *specific* nutrient, just different blends if you will of what already exists.

Nothing new under the sun and no nutrient that exist for cannabis and nothing else.

Slick marketing will try and make you believe otherwise to lighten your wallet.

Wet

Wetdog said:
Still, no *specific* nutrient, just different blends if you will of what already exists.

You're trying to argue against a point that no one is making.

Absolutely NO ONE is saying that there's some element that's exclusively used by marijuana. (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, etc are all elements. The elements used by plants as building blocks are collectively called nutrients, or macro/micro nutrients.)

Furthermore a balanced diet of those elements is collectively called a "base nutrient". Note the singular.

Thus when ANYONE refers to a "marijuana-specific nutrient" they're talking about a base nutrient (or additive) that is specifically formulated to meet the particular needs of marijuana.

Trying to argue that there's "no mj-specific nutrient" because there isn't a unique element exclusively utilized by MJ is deliberately obtuse and a rather poorly constructed straw man.

Cat and dog food are generally made from exactly the same ingredients, but by varying the proportions of those ingredients you get one or the other. And anyone who actually cares about their pets' health knows that cat food isn't good for dogs and vice versa. A dog on a steady diet of cat food won't die, but it won't be nearly as healthy as a dog that eats dog food (and may develop kidney or liver damage if it goes on too long). Cats eating nothing but dog food will degenerate much faster.

For those of you more familiar with the particular differences of cat and dog food I realize I'm over-generalizing a bit here but the point isn't to get into a big discussion of cat diet versus dog diet, but rather to point out that the important thing isn't whether or not a magical MJ-only nutrient (solitary ingredient) exists. It's not a question of a single ingredient making it MJ-specific, it's a matter of the particular ratios of those ingredients.

And yes, cats and dogs are far less alike than any two plants (one being an obligate carnivore and the other being an omnivore).

There absolutely are MJ-specific nutrients, in exactly the same way that there are orchid nutes, tomato nutes, or whatever else like has already been pointed out. Same as there are mens and womens multivitamins. Both usually have the same vitamins, just in slightly different proportions according to what is going to be needed.

Thats one of the main reasons I dont think I'll be using AN(MJ specific). Right now I have Foxfarm but I want to get into organics. Yeah but anyway the price is off the richter scale and I would have preferred AN not brand themselves as marijuana food.

the topic is getting technical. No single nutrient is specific to cannabis. The combination of many nutrients at SPECIFIC LEVELS is what makes one nutrient system(GH 3part or botanicare 2 part) better suited to growing a specific plant. I think we got a little off with the "specific nutrient"

Botanicare is reasonably priced and organic. I have no complaints although its a bit strong for some sativas. 2/3 strength works great and makes the bottle last longer.

Latest posts

Back