afghan and NL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jebus. Been gone a while and my god does it reek. I mean it hasn't spread to the entire cottage or anything but ffs, someone flipped the stank switch.. I lost alot of older fan leaves because I'm being too cautious with nutrients. Theres almost nothing to say except

:woohoo: :woohoo: :peace: :fly: :banana:

i made another post earlier in which i said:
Giving a 1/2 dose of tiger bloom, a few drops of grow big for extra N and a few drops of grow big (all 3 FF nutes in one gallon) in the feeding first thing mañana. unless anyone has objections, i think i heard something about not mixing these but that sounds illogical...

sooo ok here's the family... next post in about 2 mins will have a ton of pics that are labelled so check right back if you care even 1/100th as much as I do :hubba:

Afghannistannies ~ 3.5 weeks of flower
Northern Lights ~ 2-3 weeks of flower
Midget Sativa ~ 7-8 weeks of flower.

first two pics are the giant afghan the whole plant and the main cola. Has gone from 14" to 33" since the switch to 12 /12.
third pic is Northern lights in front of afghan #2. This plant is a THICK BUSH, crazy.

fourth is afghan #2, had some unnecessary stress cause the box it was sitting on collapsed and it fell against the wall. Worst looking of the 4 plants.. but since thats the case im sittin pretty..

Looking good standard. Keep up the fantastic work and you will be well rewarded here very soon. I say hit em with the nutes. I would start at like 1/2 strength every other watering and slowly increase. They are old enough that they will be able to tolerate it. Good luck with those beautiful ladies. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe my friend.

Thats some hot buddage bro. MMM harvest shall taste amazing. Great grow. Later

looking great, love that afghan! Can't wait to see that baby in 4 weeks time :D

midget sativa either went herm or got pollinated via my clothing. I think herm. I had to remove the rogue agent for I shall not allow the forest to be poisoned. early harvest, prolly 1-2 weeks early. bummer. oh well. :rolleyes:

cant hang dry it in my closet so i think im just gonna wrap this tin here in panda film and leave it in the closet while it dries, idk.. any bright ideas ? lol

bummer, oh well its done now. what were her trichs lookin like? they should be ok if just left alone to dry for a few days. you gonna cure them too?

im gonna dry em for a few days and then pull off the rest of the leaves i want for hash.. then im gonna stick em all in a mason jar.. prolly wont touch this for smoke for at least 3 weeks or so.. sadly my microscope is not yet here.. i mean i can see trichs and resin all over with my naked eye and a magnifying glass but i cant tell their color.. calyx's had darkened quite a bit this last week

the abrupt and necessary death of mini sativa is weighing heavy on all of us, I know... but fear not for the closet forest shall relieve your soul. just snuck in 30 mins after dark for a snapshot..

still recovering from afghannie half of the forest deciding to eat itself :eek: upped the tiger bloom to almost a full dosage this morning. Last watering had a touch of grow big in there... what do you guys say will Tiger Bloom every other watering green it back up or does it need some more N somehow?? This is not a problem I will make in my next grow, these are the kinds of thing you learn the first time around lol.

Next time plants will be green and lush til I remove the buds..

Do some strains eat more of their own leaves as flower goes on than others? The afghannies lost 30% of their elder fan leaves and the northern lights lost 2 leaves total, old old leaves.

Now that mini sativa has been removed the smell is citrusy and sweet, not the over-powering skunk of mini sativa, actually quite refreshing.

edit: haha had to say something, look at this nug pic next to the one from a few days ago! oh man if it continues at that rate for 4 weeks im in for a real treat :)

Very pretty buds you have there my friend. That's too bad about your hermie. At least you got it before it did poison the whole forest. I would go ahead and hit them with a little bit of N along with your flowering ferts. That will help keep them green but only do it once or twice. They look fantastic though. Great work. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

ah yes, another week has gone by.

had to wait til dark to take pics cause the colors wont pop well with hps. :cool:
All 3 plants are "yellowing", feedings have been as follows:
5 times ago, 1/2ish dose tigerbloom
4 times ago, plain distilled a bit of xtra N
3 times ago 3/4 dose tiger bloom
2 time ago distilled water, few drops of xtra N
1 time ago, Full dose tiger bloom

cant stop them from eating leaves and getting lighter color, idk maybe afghan's do this? If I could do it again, I'd have started nutes a week or two earlier - didnt start anything but big bloom until week 3 or so. Maybe my last transplant was too insignificant of a pot change. Let's theorize, obviously you have my journal for reference.. so why did my plants decide to eat themselves a... lot and

The NL isnt nearly as affected.

oh well buds look sexay :D, week 4.5 of flower so hopefully I can stick it out and make myself some dank

having no trouble with odor, these are all quite dainty ladies.. maybe they'll stink some more in the last few weeks.

got my 30x microscope and my eyes have been OPENED, into the world of trichomes. :eek:

from left to right. NL, Afghan, Afghan

Hey Standard, don't worry about the yellowing leaves man. It's as natural as can be for your plants to begin eating themselves towards the end of flowering. How long these girls been in flower?

Mal C
:fly:

Latest posts

Back