Afghani - Pot Belly Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone - time for the weekly update, LOL.

The transplanted female is settled into her new home, and is beginning to put out some real pistils. I gave her a weak sip of nutes - but not much.

The male is about to cut loose with pollen so he is far away from the fems in flower. This will be the last pic of the male with the females in a group........

I have 2 other seeds sprouted, and 1 with a cracked seed that will be planted today.

Look at the difference in internodal growth on the female and male plants. That is the difference of 2,000 lumens per sq ft as opposed to 5,000 per sq ft for the female.

That is also just 3 days of change. They were the same height then. If you are wondering why your plants are long and stringy, it's because they are not getting as much light as they need. Or not getting as much light as they could use.

PB:)

100_0933.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0935.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0940.jpg

hey bro, those are lookin pretty good, keep it green, i've got problems with a stomach ulcer, i have a plant i grow strictly for salads lol. i keep her a lil on the stretched side. its a secret though lol

Hey PB, thanks for the update. I see what you mean about the male vs females and the lighting...amazing difference at just 3 days change. But I'm guessing that as long as he gets enought light so you get some pollen out of him, his lighting needs are secondary to those of the ladies?

I see those new pots are working out for ya...your girl looks very happy in her new home...what are you feeding them at this point?

Rdrose said:
Hey PB, thanks for the update. I see what you mean about the male vs females and the lighting...amazing difference at just 3 days change. But I'm guessing that as long as he gets enought light so you get some pollen out of him, his lighting needs are secondary to those of the ladies?

I see those new pots are working out for ya...your girl looks very happy in her new home...what are you feeding them at this point?

You bet.......... The male only needs just a fraction of light to sustain. Just enought to allow photosythesis and create the sugars needed for growth, and pollen.

I am planning on getting him about 24 inches tall, shaking all the pollen I can off him, then let him keep producing pollen a few more weeks. I will harvest pollen again in about 2 more weeks. This pollen I'll use for sexing.:hubba: I'll explain more later when I get into that part...........

Nutes - Very diluted Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at this point. I do not want to burn her any more. I'm letting her tell me what she wants. So far she's recovered from the burn, but I still hate it that it happened. Burnt leaves don't produce sugar...........

Hey everyboby

Time for some more pics and an update..........

Our lone female Afghani is starting to put on some pistils. Started feeding her nutes two days ago. Will be feeding with FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom every other watering. So far she has not disagreed with it.

The other two seedlings are still growing. One is a mutant as its first set of true leaves are not at 90* to the cotyledons. No nutes on them.

100_0950.jpg

100_0951.jpg

100_0952.jpg

Hi PB,glad to see your lady recovered from the burn,shes looks great now!:hubba:

jash said:
Hi PB,glad to see your lady recovered from the burn,shes looks great now!:hubba:

Thanks jash for checking in - She's soon going to kick into overdrive with more roots to suk up them nutes!;)

She's lookin great..really coming along!

My afghan's at 7 and a half weeks now and smells sooooo good! Buds are really startin to fatten up and look tasty!

Can't wait to see what yours looks like when she's done. Have you done afghan before? If you did how long did it flower for til you chopped it?

Hey there PB, babies are looking good!! That Afghani girl has really filled out nicely! :)

Did you get the FF Trio? (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom) And did you use the Grow Big if you have it?

BluntFullOfKush said:
they are looking great man keep it up, oh yea how long is flower for them lil ladies??

Hey Blunt, gonna go 8 or 9 weeks with these and see how we look.;)

Thorn said:
Have you done afghan before?

No, I have not done Afghan as of yet. I am looking forward to seeing what she has to offer.

Good luck and thanks for stopping in.

Rdrose said:
Hey there PB, babies are looking good!! That Afghani girl has really filled out nicely! :)

Did you get the FF Trio? (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom) And did you use the Grow Big if you have it?

Thanks RDrose. I did not get the Grow Big as I have some veg nutes I'm happy with at the moment. I do use BB and TB every other watering and follow the chart.

Wanted to put up a pic of the Afghani. Group shot with HPS for light this time.......

100_0955.jpg

Hey everyone. Posting pics of the Afghani.

I have begun to train her with LST. I'm going to limit her canopy height by pulling down any new growth. I want to end up with a wide, flat canopy top when she gets to getting done. This maximizes my lighting area and bud locations to get that even, intense light. I am at 6,200 lumens per sq ft.

She is putting on the pistils now. This is different than the "Lil Sis bagseed strain" in my other GJ. She might have had one little pistil by now........

Anyways......The 12/12 from seed is going so-so. It is taking getting a little used to. My side growth is minimal, so she ain't no bush. The three lowest fan leaves yellowed and she dropped them. She has only gotten FF BB and TB, so I suspect that would be a nitrogen deficiency. I am planning to give her a boost of N to get some green in her next feeding.

100_0983.jpg

100_0980.jpg

100_0982.jpg

100_0978.jpg

100_0979.jpg

Lookin good man, that top cola u got looped round in an S shape is lookin like its gonna be gooooood.

How far along are they now and how long do you think they have left?

Hey Pot.....

Things are lookin good. Hope all is well. I'll be startin something soon, keep an eye out. ;)

Peace...

hazewarrior said:
Hey Pot.....

Things are lookin good. Hope all is well. I'll be startin something soon, keep an eye out. ;)

Peace...

Glad to see you around Haze. Thanks for stopping in. Catch ya soon.....

Latest posts

Back