All My Worms Are Gone! *** Happen?

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by GrowRebel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec 15, 2011 #101

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

I've asked you time and again to stop playing these games, I think you feel if you push enough, I'll say something to get in trouble...keep dreaming! Subject has been changed several times to bring it back to the topic, you still derail and play games. What is it with you??

2. Dec 15, 2011 #102

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant

Thanks for the good laugh Roddy.

But like I said before that if you would have known what you were talking about in the first place none of this would have happened, but since you did not you are just trying to prove to yourself that you do. You are blinded by your own mistakes.

3. Dec 15, 2011 #103

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

I think it'sd help if you didn't pretend to know what I'm talking about....maybe that would help! See...I know what I'm talking about and am happy to help. You? Well, you just keep playing games and pretending like you proved me wrong....if it'd shut your yapping, I'll pretend to agree...will that finally get you to stop derailing??

4. Dec 15, 2011 #104

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

lol....no, I know it won't...just dreaming aloud. BTW duck, I'm done with your games...post anything you want, wideopen chance for your spewings! Have fun, back to ignoring you.

5. Dec 15, 2011 #105

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

I do not need to pretend you have done it for me:rofl:

1)They do not sell worm casing, they sell worm dirt

2) Unwilling to help your fellow grower

2) I never called you a liar you did

3) You still think you are buying worm casings when you are actually buying worm dirt

4) you finally called it what it is

5) Now it is worm casting again

6) Here you just taking stabs at anyone

7)Where is your help? Just assuming

8) This is playing games

9) Back to calling it worm casting when in fact it is worm dirt

10) See all of the above posts, just repeating. Confrontations with Hal, Ozzy, nvthis, and anyone else that does not agree with you

Do you need more proof? Just go to that other thread for it

6. Dec 16, 2011 #106

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

And so, to recap for you OP, look for a good outdoor store and check out your options, saving money is a great thing!! Keep in mind that what you're buying may not be pure worm castings, but hey, for the big savings in price I'M SEEING, I am quite happy especially since the bonus is rich soil.

7. Dec 16, 2011 #107

7greeneyes

7greeneyes

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!

this thread direction makes me sad :( happens all the time. For older folks, all yall's need to take a dose and grow up. Anonymous internet genital comparisons are pathetic and pointless...

if i was a mod I'd ban all you ppl, you're continually polluting threads with this b s. Sucks...

:peace:,

7ge

8. Dec 16, 2011 #108

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

GrowRebel I would be very careful if you decide to use this worm dirt as it still has organic/ food scraps(since it is teaming with worms and worms need food to survive) in it which will cause it to leech leachte which will kill your plants. The choice is yours.

9. Dec 16, 2011 #109

Wetdog

Wetdog

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog

You said this back on post #36.:ignore: Didn't you get your own memo?

@7GE

Yep, after the first 1 1/2 pages, this has been a waste of bandwidth.:rolleyes:

Wet

10. Dec 16, 2011 #110

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

I happen to have very healthy and happy gals producing upwards of 6 oz of killer bud per plant...and have been using this worm casting/soil mix for over a year, please be sure to take all the precautions with a grin of salt. Again, you have the choice out there, find what works for you and be happy!

11. Dec 16, 2011 #111

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

Yeah, wet, then duck apologized and I thought grew up...fooled me again!! However, I am very happy to share helpful info and will stand behind my word regardless of how much someone tries to belittle me. All I ask is prove me wrong and I'll be more than happy to drop it.

12. Dec 16, 2011 #112

Wetdog

Wetdog

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog

Actually, this *worm dirt* is correctly called vermicompost and that statement could be true or false, depending on what they feed the worms. Stuff like laying mash (ground up corn), is great and the worms love it. It will also sour if mixed into the bedding. You only use it on the surface for feeding.

All I use is vermicompost, since the bedding in my bins is never completely consumed.

But what I use for bedding is basically the beginnings of my soil mix (peat moss, perlite, lime, kelp meal and some other rock dusts). For food, it is mostly coffee grounds, alfalfa, wheat and soy meal, that I sorta 'bokashi' and comfrey from the bed. We don't generate very much in the way of food scraps. The laying mash, I stop a month or so before I harvest the bin, since I harvest the entire bin at the same time.

Anyway, this is stuff I would be adding to my mix anyway, so if it's not 100% consumed, no big deal. I know exactly what's in there.

Wet

13. Dec 16, 2011 #113

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

Let it go Roddy and get over it and get a bit more mature.

I have proved you wrong many many many times.

14. Dec 16, 2011 #114

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

Appreciate the info wet!

When food was mentioned, I pictured coffee grounds and such as well, why I said I saw none present in a comment before, just nice beautiful black gold! I've been using this stuff for over a year and have had chance to get a good look/smell of it, never seen food present. I have seen many many worms, but I've read reports of people putting worms in with their pots and having living worms at the end of harvest...so don't and didn't see an issue.

15. Dec 16, 2011 #115

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

ok?

16. Dec 16, 2011 #116

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

more

17. Dec 16, 2011 #117

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

When you ad fresh food to the worm bin it starts to break down and goes into a mesophilic process. I don't think they're feeding this soil before selling it, and I know I'm not.

This instability is usually accompanied by a smelly or foul odor. The lack of that might be a telling sign.

18. Dec 16, 2011 #118

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

Unfortunately there seems to be misleading information provided by some worm bin manufacturers (and website owners). The terms ‘worm tea’, ‘worm compost tea’, ‘castings tea’, or ‘vermicompost tea’ should actually refer to the liquid fertilizer created by steeping (soaking) quality castings/compost in water (often aerated) for a period of time. The problem is that many people refer to the liquid that drains out from a worm bin as ‘worm tea’, when the proper term for this is actually ‘leachate’. This is talking about teas, not what is being discussed at all.

19. Dec 16, 2011 #119

pcduck

pcduck

pcduck

Well I guess you do not understand what you are using and/or talking about. There is nothing I can do about that since you are unable to learn

20. Dec 16, 2011 #120

Roddy

Roddy

Roddy

How's your plants doing wet? Mine are loving this stuff, as toxic as it's supposed to be!