all thats left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcshoeco1041

smoking good
Reaction score
:cool: :cool: :cool:
soo i had ten GDP plants an out of ten 6 were female, i got two females outside, 1 possible male outside, and gave 2 to my friend, and im left with the best looking female gdp in my tent. i have 1 plant under the 150w hps to flower, im in the second week of flower. is 150w for 1 plant good during flower? and how long should i flower for? i read that until the trichomes turn amber but was wondering how long roughly. and i believe Granddaddy purp is predominantly indica.

thx for the help everyone, you guys helped me out soo much, wouldnt have gotten this far on my first grow without you guys.:D :D :D :D

:watchplant:

dcshoeco1041 said:
:cool: :cool: :cool:
soo i had ten GDP plants an out of ten 6 were female, i got two females outside, 1 possible male outside, and gave 2 to my friend, and im left with the best looking female gdp in my tent. i have 1 plant under the 150w hps to flower, im in the second week of flower. is 150w for 1 plant good during flower? and how long should i flower for? i read that until the trichomes turn amber but was wondering how long roughly. and i believe Granddaddy purp is predominantly indica.

thx for the help everyone, you guys helped me out soo much, wouldnt have gotten this far on my first grow without you guys.:D :D :D :D

:watchplant:
We'll need more information before we can help you. Namely, what's the size of your grow area? Proper lighting is critical in growing this plant. Light can be measured in units called lumens. You need 3000 lumens per square foot to vegetate. To flower, you need 5000 per square foot. So, if you're in a 4 ft x 4ft area, that's 16 square feet that requires 80,000 lumens to be adequately lit. A 600w hps outputs 90000 lumens. A 400w hps puts out 55000 lumens. So, for this example, the 400w light is out of the question. You would need a 600w to veg in a 4x4 area, at the minimum.

If you can follow how I arrived at that answer, you can do the math yourself. If you're terrible with math, though, post the dimensions of your grow area and we will help you out.

You don't say how big/tall it is, but if it's only one plant, then the 150W will probably do a decent job of flowering it out . . . most indoor plants occupy 2-3 sq ft at most, unless you've done some kinda LST or other technique to spread it out . . . try to keep the light as low as possible to the plant without burning it, maybe say about 10-12" above the highest tops . . . and close in the space around the plant as tight as possible to concentrate light on the plant and keep it from bleeding away

Haven't run GDP, but 55-65 days from the flip is a pretty common window for alot of indica varieties

Latest posts

Back