And the excitement grows...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganDude

Reaction score
I just got all my stuff ordered for a little itty bitty auto grow box...nothing box or spectacular. I figure I'll grow 2 or 3 at a time, and do it real stealth like. I'm not really a regular smoker, just weekends and special occasions, so I don't need a whole lot.

Being the ambitious sort, I'll be building my own box...2'W x 1'D x 3'H. Be working on that this weekend.

I ordered me up a little HPS light to go in there...just a little 150w job, but that will give me 6k+ lumens/sq. ft., and keep me from having to worry about a big bill and too much heat.

I also grabbed me some Lowlife Automatic AK47 x Diesel beans...from the description, I think I'll like the end product.

Looks like it all gets delivered next week, so i should be up and running. I'll post pictures of the setup when I get it built. :eek:

Love it! :D 3 feet of vertical space isn't really enough, IMO. By the time you factor in pot height and heat from the lamp, you're talking 1 foot plants. I don't think ak47 is a 12 inch plant.

Good luck!

You will be kicking yourself if you don't make it at least 5ft tall. I have a grow room 5ft tall and when I cease using it for the summer I am getting the spade out and starting to dig. I want another 18" of height!

AK47 grows tall bro...might want to read up on LST....congrats...

So, fortunately, I haven't cut the first board yet, sooooo....I'll plan on addin a little more height! Thanks for the advice...I was pretty sure I would get some feedback on the height. My first sketches were for a 4' tall box, but I thought that might be a little tall for Auto's.

For ventilation, I've got some 120mm case fans I'll be putting in the sides...intake on one side, out on the other. They move a lot of air, something like 50 cfm each, so I'm debating on if 2 will work, or if I need 4. I'm even tryging to come up with my own homemade kitty litter filter. Got some ideas, but I'm still poking it about.

Thanks for the encouragement, and the tips!

Ummm hate to keep on ya, but...

Computer fans may cool 150 watt hps, you haven't told us where you're getting your cooling air. I run a dual 150 watt hps in a cool tube...

Be sure to do a good test run to make sure your temps are good. In the meantime, have a look in the DIY section at The Hemp Goddess' DIY cool tube and look at a real fan :hubba:

Autos run a pretty wide range of heights from 18" to 4 feet. You didn't pick an 18" auto, though :D

AV, I say keep on getting on me man! I appreciate the advice. I saw THG's cool tube...very slick that, and if I can find the good's, I'll be making one. I definitely plan to do some test's before I put any babies in there. I'm in no hurry here...I wanna do this right.

I have a basement that's deep, and stays very cool year round. Cool enough, in fact, that in the dead of summer, when the AC is straining, we sometimes camp out down there to keep cool.

As a bonus, my weight room is in the same room, so maybe I'll actually get my fat arse back in shape as well!

As for me not picking the 18" variety...I guess I'll just have to figure out someway to get by. :)

MichiganDude said:

I have a basement that's deep, and stays very cool year round. Cool enough, in fact, that in the dead of summer, when the AC is straining, we sometimes camp out down there to keep cool.

Sounds like you're in business :D

Bake-a-round from ebay, no hub coupler at home depot, lowes....

Hey MichiganDude!

Art's right, make sure you take a test run before germing anything. Trying to solve those problems while there are plants in there is a real challenge (unfortunately I'm speaking from experience :rolleyes: ).

MichiganDude said:
For ventilation, I've got some 120mm case fans I'll be putting in the sides...intake on one side, out on the other. They move a lot of air, something like 50 cfm each, so I'm debating on if 2 will work, or if I need 4.

Also, IMHO, it would be much more effective to keep your intake low (cooler air and co2 both are heavier) and your exhaust high.

Good luck to you as you embark on this adventure. Fun stuff!

MichiganDude said:
AV, I say keep on getting on me man! I appreciate the advice. I saw THG's cool tube...very slick that, and if I can find the good's, I'll be making one. I definitely plan to do some test's before I put any babies in there. I'm in no hurry here...I wanna do this right.

As a bonus, my weight room is in the same room, so maybe I'll actually get my fat arse back in shape as well!

As for me not picking the 18" variety...I guess I'll just have to figure out someway to get by. :)

I too am in a similar situation. and lets just say it got me working out on a semi-regular basis :)

I agree with all these guys about the height, especially with ak47, i hear its the biggest auto yet. i got 5' height in my tent and im happy i didnt go shorter, or taller.

Oh yes - you are gona have fun Michigan Dude. :watchplant: :guitar: :farm: :yay: :aok: :banana:
You're going to be down there in that basement for the next ten weeks, sitting on the cold floor staring into your box putting out psychic vibes and willing those AK47s to bloom and show you some love...... but even with all that lovin' - you won't bat an eye when she hangs by her "toes" after you chop her down and beat on your chest and grunt something inaudible..... hehehehehehehe - Or so I'm told.......
And then you are gona kick back in that "wate room" and uh uh
:48:

OldHippieChick said:
Oh yes - you are gona have fun Michigan Dude. :watchplant: :guitar: :farm: :yay: :aok: :banana:
You're going to be down there in that basement for the next ten weeks, sitting on the cold floor staring into your box putting out psychic vibes and willing those AK47s to bloom and show you some love...... but even with all that lovin' - you won't bat an eye when she hangs by her "toes" after you chop her down and beat on your chest and grunt something inaudible..... hehehehehehehe - Or so I'm told.......
And then you are gona kick back in that "wate room" and uh uh
:48:

Be sure to have the new seedlings ready well before the chop :D. First harvest is the beginning, not the end :hubba: You should be browsing the seedbank sites picking your next strain now :)

Thanks for the encouragement, OHC...yes, I'm pretty sure that those 10 weeks will go by pretty slowly.:eek:

And Art, I've already got the next grow planned...two freebies included in the order. By the time I get these done, I'll be ready for some LowRyder in between the tomatoes in the ole veggie garden. And then of course, I REALLY want to grow me some of that Bubblegum Kush I grew so fond of in Amsterdam. :D

In my experience, A nice mild High can be quite a Performance Enhancer, when it comes to weight training or endurance strength training!! probably a good Idea to put put them in your weight room. Just think of all that carbon dioxide when your down there, doing your thing!!

Good Luck !:D

Aldebaran, thanks for that. I was a distance runner in high school, and I would get baked, and go on these really long runs. I never smoked before a meet, but looking back, maybe I should have!

On a more bummer note, I got an email saying that my ballast was on back order. I guess that gives me more time to get my box built, but it's a bit of a downer.

Latest posts

Back