...another hermie question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is kind of a dumb question, but i'm not sure:eek: ...When you have a plant that hermies on only one or two branches, will it eventually show sacs on the other branches??? i was wondering if i could take the sacless branches and root them ...I've always thought that once a plant hermied the whole plant hermied...But i just start to second guess my knowledge when it comes time to yank the babies up ...Hope someone can shed light on this soon...appreciate any advice/comment

Thanks again Hick...I knew ya'd come through for me :D , you've been a great deal of help buddy...i appreciates it

Hick said:
the cuttings, no matter "where" on the plant they are taken from, will have the same hermi tendancy as the donor.... "an exact genetic replica"...
so some plant strains are just prone to hermieing ? i did not know that...thanks...i thought that shoch was the only thing that caused that..

Well i'm not sure if i'd say 'strain'...But i guess if a female is pollenated by a hermie, the seeds will almost always carry the hermie gene...Hick would be able to go into great detail for you, but as to my knowledge that's pretty much what it boils down to...

all mj plants carry the hermie gene. they can all hermie no matter the strain. its how much stress they can take before they hermie that varies from one plant to another. i think, i could be wrong so don't quote me. do a search i promise you'll find plenty to read on the subject.

PUFF MONKEY said:
so some plant strains are just prone to hermieing ? i did not know that...thanks...i thought that shoch was the only thing that caused that..
Hermophradism is "genetic".. IMO. The amount of stress an individual plant can endure, before it hermies, is dependant on it's genetic stability, and it's ability to resist the hermi tendencies.
For "at least" decades, if not centuries, concientious and knowlwdgable breeders have selectively bred the hermi genetics out of the gene pool. Because they knew/know that it is NOT a desirable characteristic in drug grade mj.
Suddenly, a few years ago, some 'not so knowlwdgable' or 'concietous' seed maker (I resist the use of Breeder here) decided it was beneficial to use hermies and create "femminised" seeds.
Now days, hermies seem to be a way of life, accepted as part of growing.
"I" personally believe it is at least, partially the 'femm'ed' bean craze, that has greatly contributed to the new 'wave' of hermies.

i like the crowd in this room. bunch of rednecks

and thats why hicks my hero. sorry im stoned

Hick's my hero too Slo...No kiddin' yall, he's a wealth of information...Very accurate information...If only i could always remember everything he posts :stoned: :D ...

hick always comes in for the save. i believe he's forgotten more than i'll ever know.. he always has a technical answer and a break down into dummy terms so i can understand it. im so baked i love this place. its awesome

Latest posts

Back