ant hills dangerously close

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SENS1MILLA

midsummer classic
Reaction score
well ive got multiple ant hills about 6 inches away from my plants BUT they have been there for a few days and have done no harm. i am fearing that they may damage my plants in the future because they are so close to them.

if anyone knows any good ways to remove of them please type up some concoctions that repel bugs. Dewayne has already given me a good method of crushing up asprin which i will try but id like to see if anyone else has any suggestions..... check out the pics and see how close they are.
:shocked::shocked:

thanks..:D

DSC00111.JPG

ant.JPG

ant2.JPG

They like potting soil. Get some kind of insecticide.

You should be fine but if not try the granulated aunt killer and put a little right on the hill. slim

:hubba::argue::angrywife::bolt::chuck::ciao: i aint even gonna make joke about that AUNT KILLER

Dewayne has already given me a good method of crushing up asprin
Hmmm...wonder if he got this method from 1 of my posts. Yes, you can use aspirin. Up to 15 a gal but i'd start with 5. Be very careful as this can make your water acidic. Ph tester would be ideal to have with this method.

bombbudpuffa said:
Hmmm...wonder if he got this method from 1 of my posts. Yes, you can use aspirin. Up to 15 a gal but i'd start with 5. Be very careful as this can make your water acidic. Ph tester would be ideal to have with this method.

alright thanks, ill start with 5 and try to get my hands on a ph tester.

eep... keep yer eye on those ants, theyre suprisingly fast little bastards.. overnight they could ruin that plot... theres a couple things you could do.. use ant granules as suggested ( or an organic, liquid incesticide.. usually a fish/pepper oil based substance) or you could take them outta the ground, and put em in pots.. thats what i would do, but its hard to keep em around in pots if you have a small yard.. but if you have places to disguise them, thats prolly the best bet (in my opinion, may not be your best play) when theyre in buckets, easily transportable :D you can take em away from anything in a heartbeat, such as imposing anthills and potential nasty negative weather.. like i said you might find better luck with em in the ground but thats just my opinion, i live in florida and hurricanes are right around the corner lol, its nice to have the luxury to just pick em up and put em inside if anything should happen.. good luck with the ants!!

ps... those things look like theyre ready for the tops to be pinched off :D

"Ants" themselves, seldom harm your plants, Some ants do "farm" aphid, which DO cause damage.

Latest posts

Back