Anyone on here mess with electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is that black Capacitor is bad. I've replaced them on boards before. If I knew what model it was I would pull up the board where he can see what it should look like. Not sure what the level cost but he could replace the capacitor or maybe even the board cheaper than buying a new one.
Everything else looks good on that board. No burnt buses or anything.

1682172265932.png

All I know is that black Capacitor is bad. I've replaced them on boards before. If I knew what model it was I would pull up the board where he can see what it should look like. Not sure what the level cost but he could replace the capacitor or maybe even the board cheaper than buying a new one.
Everything else looks good on that board. No burnt buses or anything.
I wonder what the underside of that board looks like (other side)

Lol, you guys are on it!!
As I told Roster in PM, it actually belongs to a buddy of mine. He went out of town the day I posted this, which if I had known, I would have waited for him to get back before I did so.
Right now I am gonna have to wait a couple days for him to get back and answer questions.
I have a feeling it’s going to end up being the capacitor.

I think that black stuff is just heat shrink.

Bubba
I was talking about looking for burnt buses not capacitors. You can see what a burnt bus looks like in the picture of the board I posted.
The black on the capacitor is not the problem. It's the swelling. But without actually testing it there is no way for me to know for sure. This has been fun though.😁

If the cap is blown there are other bad components, probably one or both or those comparator chips are dead as well. Even if you replace the cap, I don't think it will fix the problem. Laser levels are cheap. Buy a new one.

According to what type of Lazer Level you might could replace the board. I've found boards for all kinds of shit pretty cheap. And capacitors are pretty cheap if you know how to solder.
But who knows.

Latest posts

Back