Anyone on here mess with electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
image000000.jpeg

And would know where to start when it came to repairing something like this?

What is it and what did it do that it does not now?
I would focus here
1682102256865.png

Check the Blk Cap top to see if it has popped

I would look online to see if anyone has a similar problem. I am guessing you probably did that already. If I found nothing online, I’d verify that power is reaching the board from the battery leads. Then I would want to look at a schematic and try to trace where there is no power but I’d probably just get a new one at that point.

Looking at the pic, the grey wire going to what I assume is the laser looks like I can see metal. Is the wire maybe broken there?

Yep that's it. Thanks brother.

The puffed/bulged capacitors are either dying or are already dead. Burst capacitors are dead ones and should be replaced right away. Capacitors usually act as an open circuit and so if testing with a multimeter shows open, its probably good. A capacitor showing short across with a multimeter is definite gone.

Most capacitors are filled with conductive electrolyte and it can break down with time, as capacitor banks are often not designed to be stable in the presence of oxygen from the air. Thus a leaky seal lets in oxygen in, and it creates decomposition with electrolyte and creates gas, thus leads to swelling of capacitors

Bulging-Top-Vent-of-Capacitor (1).png

Last edited:

The puffed/bulged capacitors are either dying or are already dead. Burst capacitors are dead ones and should be replaced right away. Capacitors usually act as an open circuit and so if testing with a multimeter shows open, its probably good. A capacitor showing short across with a multimeter is definite gone.

Most capacitors are filled with conductive electrolyte and it can break down with time, as capacitor banks are often not designed to be stable in the presence of oxygen from the air. Thus a leaky seal lets in oxygen in, and it creates decomposition with electrolyte and creates gas, thus leads to swelling of capacitors

View attachment 325598
I told him this back on the 1st post and he said it was fine

View attachment 325598
Good call

Latest posts

Back