Are House Spiders ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SALTROCK

Reaction score
I was cleaning my grow tray and found a spider living under my rockwool. I was going to get rid of him, but thought house spiders dont eat veges. So he is still kickin it in there. Thought mabye good for any unwanted bugs. What do you guys think?

Thanks
SALT

Yes spiders are good. They will kill all those other unwanted insects that will harm your plants. ;)

Yeah man what TBG said. Spiders are good for gardens, so ling as they dont try to web up your fan leaves, and if they do just break the webs so the fans can get free. I had a wolf spider that had made a cave out of a branch of fans and was living inside of the cone it made.

Did he make a hammock ?
No, just teasing. If you saw a video I posted you would get the funny. Spiders really do get a bad rap. They are so cool to look at, and watch. Believe it or not if it wasn't for the spider we would be run over with various insects, and then we would all likely starve to death or go seriously into the nasty business of some pretty bad chemicals. The insects gotta eat something. So you would say bye-bye to our farmers crops and what not.
Since the spider, and you seem to be on good terms, you only have to watch out for an egg sac that could bring you a gazillion of them. Is your pet large enough to take out a fly ?
You wanna see something that's wild then get a pencil with a good erasor on it, and a flat head pin, (not a needle). Stick the pin into the eraser inline with the pencil. Catch a house fly. Use a small dab of super glue on the head of the pin, and carefully place the top of the flies butt to the top of the sticky pin. A second or so and the fly is now attached to it. As you pull away your hand the fly if it's feet are not touching anything will start to buzz. It cannot stop trying to fly as long as the feet cannot make contact with anything. Place this somewhat near the spider and watch the action unfold. The spider in surprisingly nimble, but wary. I have done this with wasps and it's like watching two gladiators. LOL
This all got started messing with a friend who was stoned, I put the pencil near him, and he could hear this incessant buzzing, but couldn't figuere where it was comming from.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Spiders are our friends for sure.
Dubba ; I think we can afford a fan leaf or two to spiders for sentry duty.
Nobody likes to work for free .
Besides Wolf spiders are real cool.

Latest posts

Back