Are these alternating nodes?(w/pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonesBUD

Reaction score
Hey guys, my outdoor grow seems to be goin great(1st one). The plants are around 28-31 days old, tell ya the truth I lost count. lol

Anyways, im waiting for sex to show, and heard soon after alternating nodes appear is when to start really looking. My question is, are these alternating nodes? This is a pic of one of the side shoots on my plant that has recieved LST.

How much longer do you guys think til it shows sex? Im just patiently waiting.lol:)

CIMG0593-1.JPG

yes they are alternating nodes :hubba: couple weaks yet to show sex

peace and good growing

:48:

Thanks HGB!

I first noticed these nodes around 4-5 days ago, so is it safe to say that around the 1st of August sex will show?

I beg to differ they are not true alternating nodes. Those are slightly alternated but not really what they mean by alternating. Alternating nodes is when their is a leaf and top on one side then the other node is an inch above that on the other side without one opisite from it then the next is another inch higher on the opisite side of the stem without one across from it. Its really stair stepping tops up the stem. Sorta like tree stand steps you dont need steps across from eachother just one Alternated up the tree

I would have to agree with long time grower..."alternating nodes" are single leaf separation from the stem...ppl get that mixed up all the time

...That is an alternating node, it's just a tight compact alternating node. Nothing wrong with it. Just though i'd put in my input.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewayne are you sure? that just looks like two leaf separation(with one slightly higher). I could be wrong.

longtimegrower said:
I beg to differ they are not true alternating nodes. Those are slightly alternated but not really what they mean by alternating. Alternating nodes is when their is a leaf and top on one side then the other node is an inch above that on the other side without one opisite from it then the next is another inch higher on the opisite side of the stem without one across from it. Its really stair stepping tops up the stem. Sorta like tree stand steps you dont need steps across from eachother just one Alternated up the tree

with good lights nodes wont stretch an inch apart :) and nice tight buds will be the outcome...

Its not a true alternating node. Its a light strech bending of the stem that makes it a little off squair. I would bet anythign on it would you. Slim And hbg stop searching for some way to be rite when your not. He didnt ask how to get the tightest buds he asked if it were alternating nodes. Ask hick of someone see what they tell you. Also he ask it in the outdoor section so the only light that matters is the sun.

Perhaps this will explain. Click to read and enlarge

alternating.jpg

Best wishes Nico​

I pulled it up a li'l closer...
it appears "to me" ..to be just initiating alt. nodes. They should become progressivly more prominent and will become equally spaced, eventually. There is a couple of inches between the non-alternating nodes, I don't think "tight nodes" is the issue.

nodes-1.JPG

longtimegrower said:
Slim And hbg stop searching for some way to be rite when your not.

but we are right :p

look at the pic hick reposted :hubba:

peace

ahahaha...lol..you guys should sticky that pic that Nico posted.This topic is always a tricky one for noobies ;)

hey guys, thanks for all the replies, even though it may be unclear. lol

Let me go snap another pic of a different location on the plant. lol

I think this is "truely" an alternating node.

CIMG0596-1.JPG

Yup definately an alternating node.

I don't see why this had to be a big deal lol. It's everyones oppinion, some people may get a good or a bad look at the picture, who knows. regardless it was an alternating node like said. Thanks hick for clarification.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back