Are you willing to do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganj

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are college students or even younger but, if the time comes where you have to quit pot to keep your job, do you accept that responsibility and think that you can do it? I think that I will be able to if my career ends up being filled with drug tests, I just accept that it will be part of growing up and getting older and then I can enjoy pot the rare occasions I may do it again.

And what about people who are already grown up? How is it for you with drug testing and your job?

You have a very good attitude Ganj. Im lucky in the respect that my employer doesn't require random testing, only pre-employment. My advise is never go to work under the influence of anything. Work hard and you will be a highly regarded employee,then you can go home get stoned and relax.

companies that do random drug testing along with pre employment testing get some sort of break on workers comp insurance

Even tho' the expression is "Random", the tests are seldom random. When I started in the business I'm in, several decades ago, I was subjected to "Random" drug tests. I wondered, why don't I ever see those old dudes that have been here so long ever have to go take one. It's because, in truth, the tests are given to specific people, at specific times. It's carefully monitored so as to have the appearance of being "Random", but after you have proven yourself a valuable employee, have shown that you're really good at what you do, they simply quit giving them to you, unless mandated by some higher authority.

I smoke every day. I have for more than 20 years. The place I work has "Random" piss tests. I never "Randomly" get selected.

Finally! I, at last, have them fooled. :smoke1:

If they found this place you would be screwed.

Ganj said:
If they found this place you would be screwed.
Only if they knew I was "Stoney". Believe it or not, that's really not my name. Hehehe.

I *never* access this group from any pc except my home machine.

If it came to a choice for me between quitting marijuana or the job, i am afraid to say it would have to be the job.

There are plenty of jobs out there. I'm not prepared to change my lifestyle for a job. Luckily enough , my boss knows that i smoke and has no problem with it. I never ring in sick, come in late. He knows my work is top notch.
Unlike other members of staff, who do things "legally", and get drunk, ring in sick and generally just make a balls of things because they're hungover

"If you want a job done, ask the lazy person. He'll get it done in twice the time, and you can be sure the job's done right because he sure as hell doesn't want to do it again"

Wow, I feel like a square now. I quit smoking pot for about 10 months now. I chose college over smoking. I decided that my career was more important. It's not like I stopped smoking because I couldn't focus, or I got bad grades because of weed, trust me, I would never blame pot for anything. I love pot and it was a very difficult thing for me to do. I quit, because I want to be a doctor, and for that to happen, I can't have any sort of criminal record. And there had been quite a few times where I should have been caught by the cops. So I figured that I should stop tempting fate and quit. But if it ever gets legalize, I will be one of the first to spark it up!

Stoney Bud said:
Even tho' the expression is "Random", the tests are seldom random. When I started in the business I'm in, several decades ago, I was subjected to "Random" drug tests. I wondered, why don't I ever see those old dudes that have been here so long ever have to go take one. It's because, in truth, the tests are given to specific people, at specific times. It's carefully monitored so as to have the appearance of being "Random", but after you have proven yourself a valuable employee, have shown that you're really good at what you do, they simply quit giving them to you, unless mandated by some higher authority.

I smoke every day. I have for more than 20 years. The place I work has "Random" piss tests. I never "Randomly" get selected.

Finally! I, at last, have them fooled. :smoke1:
i think it would go against descrimination laws not to check everybody stoney. and how is the delimma of not knowing when the random test occurs different from the orders of a higher power who is too high up for you to be informed of his requests? :confused: it would just be best to do things at the beginning of ur time off and let it leave the system by the day b4 ur return to work.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
You may have them fooled Stoney Bud but not me. :rofl:
I *know* that my friend! You know I'm an old stoner from way back!

GrewUp To ScrewUp said:
i think it would go against discrimination laws not to check everybody stoney.
Big business makes their own laws man. Just like everywhere else. The more bread you have, the more rules you can change without anyone really looking.

They pencil-whip the stats for the "random" tests. For the law, it looks like they're doing it, but nobody who is a serious asset to the place ever gets tested.

I like that. I'm one of them that never sees a test. Ever.

Latest posts

Back