area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi there just learning got 2 400 hps with 11 plants is that to many for the lighting.:confused:got them on 24 hour at the mo.is that all good

sounds cool...
what is the grow room dimensions?
what type of ventilation system?
are the lights cooled?

justababygrowa said:
hi there just learning got 2 400 hps with 11 plants is that to many for the lighting.:confused:got them on 24 hour at the mo.is that all good

Hey jabg, good to see you here. That's enough light for an area of about 20 square feet. You'll need to learn a lot, fast.

Light for growing is based on area. 5,000 lumens per/sq ft. is what is best. 3,000 will work.

Two 400's should give you about 100,000 lumens total, so 20 sq ft would have 5,000 lumens per sq ft.

How about telling us more about your grow? You could start a grow journal in the "Journals" area. Everyone would have a chance to help you with your grow that way.

Good luck man!

thankz for the answer to my question.does itmatter how many plants are i n that 20 fotte area.they ave been in veg state for a month whenz a good time 2 change to budding cycle

dimension bout 3 m squared.been told dont need any ventalation as thers enough airflo from floor

You should have airflow. It helps feed the plants with fresh co2. I makes their stems strong to hold the buds it will have. It also is important for keeping temps down. I have an exhuast fan attached to my light hood that sucks through my hood, cooling the light. Then I have two small fans on different sides of the garden to circulate air around the plants. I have a filtered vent to the outside air. My grow area is 3x6. The fans can also keep humidity down so you don't develop mold on you buds later. Circulation is very important. It will more than pay for your time and investment.

justababygrowa said:
thankz for the answer to my question.does itmatter how many plants are i n that 20 fotte area.they ave been in veg state for a month whenz a good time 2 change to budding cycle

The "Journal" area is available from the main menu.

If we could all see a picture of your plants, it would help. It's hard to advise someone when you've never seen the plants.

Either that or perhaps you could describe them very well for us. Then we could tell you when flowering would be best for you.

ok well there are bout 11 plants that are bout 40 cm high very bushy i will tryand take sum photos in the next week.they are about 6 or 7 inches away from the light is that to close.how long will it take for a male to turn other plants male as we ave sum clones and some from seed that avent sexed.is ther any way at all to tell if they are male before floring cycle

As Kasgrow said, you need air flow in there.
you need two 6" fans (8" would be better) one to bring cool air in and one to exhaust hot air. if your hoods have the ability to be cooled then hook them up to your exhaust. Make sure that room doesnt get above 30 degrees Celsius. if it does your plants will stop producing. your plants will be ready to switch to bloom if they are starting to fill the grow area. when you switch them over they will triple in size and if they are over crowded in the area you will be left with a room full of underdeveloped bud. look out for heat damage whitish-yellowish on the leaves under the light. the distance sounds about right though

thanks for that.so i guess im ganna need a thermometer then.they been on veg state for bout 5 weeks.and between 30 to 45 cm tall quiet bushy.how long do you usually have them on budding cycle just trying to work out how big they will be.

no one can tell you how long it will take untill they are ready to chop. all strains take a different amount of time and all rooms are different as far as how long it takes for them go grow plants. they only way to know when they are done is to look at the trichomes under a scope.

justababygrowa said:
ok well there are bout 11 plants that are bout 40 cm high very bushy i will tryand take sum photos in the next week.they are about 6 or 7 inches away from the light is that to close.how long will it take for a male to turn other plants male as we ave sum clones and some from seed that avent sexed.is ther any way at all to tell if they are male before floring cycle

I really dont think you should have a 400w hps 6 inches away from the plant, more like a foot and a half.:eek: If you still have your light there your plants are probably crispy.

ps. I dont think a 24/0 light schedual is needed for such a powerfull light setup. Plus its always a good Idea to give the ballast a rest.

okay man... usual flowering time is 8-9 weeks... but could be less or more depending on strain but as jbong said... those lights should be 18 inches away for optimal growth man... any closer than that... and dust those plants are crsipy... and if your still vegging then 18on 6off is a good schedule to grow under... but IMHO they are ready for flower... but its all up to you when you want them to flower but remember they will double perhaps triple in size... mine tripled so watch out for that triple... peace man good luck

ok thanks guys so im moving lights up and changing to 18/6.For a week and then ganna change to 12/12.how much is 18 inchs in cm.oh and how often to fertalise them and whats a good brand

Latest posts

Back