Auto White Russian Timex GJ ~ OHC style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like yer gettin over the 'new mommie' jitters. the WW is lookin good rite where she should be. now, go with the advice from IRISH, and yu'll have some jars full of great smoke to choose from. let the autos do their thing. you have already criticed your grow and have a good idea what you would do differently next round. the AKs sound like a nice way to fill the tent.
welcome to your newest addiction.......home grown! $$

OK this was the tallest cola - weighed 1&5/8 oz and I'm doing a quick dry on it - how is this trimming compared to where it should be? Current weight partially dry is 1/2oz and I'm thinking it'll be 1/4 oz completely dry... first time trimming - I confess, I never really paid much attention to how much leaf matter is acceptable..... no experience with hash either. Open to suggestions and will be reading up the next few days.

007.JPG

008.JPG

Very nice OHC ! Hash is simple if ya got the bags. Enjoy your smoke!

Congratulations on your first (partial) chop OHC! Looks like a darn fine trim job from where I'm sitting.

I'm assuming you're in need right now and that's the reason for the quick dry? You plan on continuing the chop now or testing her out to see if you want to take her further?

Congrats. Peas on OHC's house.

Your trim job looks fine OHC...everyone has their own preference on the style of trimming.. I like to leave a lil bit more leaf on then most. Congrats on the first step of harvesting...I usually take the main cola and any other mature looking buds and then let the rest of the plant alone for a cpl days while some of the newly exposed buds get some time in the "sun" to plump up and mature. Your autos shld fill in nicely as well in the next 3 weeks. Good job even with all the adversity you faced....I think it will not be until you start your next grow before you realize just how much you actually learnt on your first grow...It's like being a baby and taking your first steps..you know that first fall is not to far off from those first steps...and a second and third fall....:)

BBFan said:
Congratulations on your first (partial) chop OHC! Looks like a darn fine trim job from where I'm sitting.

I'm assuming you're in need right now and that's the reason for the quick dry? You plan on continuing the chop now or testing her out to see if you want to take her further?

Congrats. Peas on OHC's house.
Thanks Chef and Hamster and BBFan!
Yeah I am really low on smoke but feel like I can hold off for a decent cure with a 1/4 on hand. This quick dry left an aftertaste that I'm not digging but the buzz (as far as I can recall) wasn't half bad. I ended up freaking out a bit and just pinched a couple joints off the big one when she was still a bit damp. I hung her in the closet overnight and then put her into a gallon freezer bag this morning.... no jars....will get out in a bit and pick some up.

I'm going to assume that a good flush and proper curing will improve the taste. This is probably the piney taste others here mention. The weight of this bud after I pinched off enough for two fattys and discarded extra stem was 1/4 oz on the kitchen scale.... not real scientific as it just goes down to 1/8 oz but good enough for a hobby grower for now.

Auto pic update....
Much yellowing. Some beefing up but not near what I want considering what I've learned this week about dry weight yeild. With smoke in the house though, I'm willing to go a good 12 weeks if that's what it takes. HOWEVER, what's the point of 12 weeks for an AUTO when I can get some regular plants to mature with just a few more weeks? hmmmm we will see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

001.JPG

OldHippieChick said:
HOWEVER, what's the point of 12 weeks for an AUTO when I can get some regular plants to mature with just a few more weeks? hmmmm we will see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

Yeah 12 weeks on an Auto is crazy...mine don't usually go longer then 60 days...don't gve up on autos yet OHC...there are strains out there that finish earlier...Russian Rocket Fuel is one.

Looking excellent OHC, congrats on the Harvest!

Those autos look wonderful, are you going to grow some outdoor this summer? Have not kept up with every page here...so excuse me if I ask a question that has already been answered.

Thanks Hamster and TCBud -
Ham - this auto is a ten week strain. However, I read on another forum that a guy went 12 weeks to get 20% trichs. Many other GJs talk about never getting past milky trichs with autos... so I was preparing myself for worst case scenario.

Since I already have the seeds and the plan, for sure I will follow through with the auto AK47 grow. Maybe by then I'll have a clearer impression of autos as a resource...

TCBud - it's all good - this is def a long winded GJ.....
I don't know where I stand on an outdoor auto grow. I think by the time the auto seeds I'm gona breed are cured enough, it'll be the heat of summer here. I can't find any justification for growing outdoors here in the southern USA. Temps in the high 90s+ for three months solid.... lower yeilds reported outdoors, a multitude of new pest issues.... do I sound negative? Hmmm if I make a haul on the seeds I may just give it a go just for kicks. But I'm not scattering out store bought auto seeds just for kix. The jury is still out.

Thanks for the pos feedback guys.
much love.
xox
OHC

I think you will hve great success with the auto ak-47 OHC...it is kinda strange that I seem to get tagged as the auto guy and yet I hve not grown the auto ak-47 out yet...:) Even though I hve not grown it yet I really think it is one of if not the best auto strains out there right now...hvy yields and great smoke.
I wld not sweat amber trichs too badly on the autos...I also hve had trouble getting them to go real amber...I usually take them when they are at least all cloudy with some amber...smoke has always been good anyway...

that nugget looks real nice! dont be so self conscious about the trim ;) looks quite nice to me! good job! :D

wally150 said:
that nugget looks real nice! dont be so self conscious about the trim ;) looks quite nice to me! good job! :D
Oh man Wally - don't tell me that - I told someone just this morning that I am the female "Dude" from the Big Lebowski - don't encourage me - I'm a professional amateur slacker.....

I agree Ham - if you're going to hold onto your Auto King crown - maybe it's time you get to know an AK47 up close..... I hear they are the largest plant and heaviest yeild in the auto group. Also, it's my understanding that they are the most stable strain? Still, there's plenty of talk about the high male to female ratio with the reg seeds so I'm skitzing on possibly ordering maybe 5 fem seeds to make sure the tent is full. With everything being on the same time schedule, maybe I can bring in my T5 for side lighting....

So here is the second cola harvest pic. I took the majority census and totally slacked on the trimming.... taking a traditional route to see if I can improve on the taste and aroma. I'm doing a six gallon flush in the morning.... gona try several scenarios with this cure to find my "happy place".
The last pic is Boo peaking into the drying closet.... this is his first grow as well and he watches everything with much interest.

002.JPG

003.JPG

009.JPG

Noice!...Um....i've never smoked black hair before:eek: :D run boo!

awww boo wants a hit! cute dog...and your slacker job still looks better than mine...lol...I hate trimming! I usualy start out with the best of intentions, but 1/2 way through the first plant I give up, and say screw it, I'll clip these off before I smoke it...lol...(not really) I trim in cycles. Leaving all the smaller sugar leaf on to help slow dry it. then I will clip alot of that off before putting into the paper bag, and then another tidying up trim before going into the jars. The only other person that has any quantity of my grow is my sick brother, and if he don't like it he can trim it himself!....lol...what does he expect from me and for free???

Glad things are looking up for you! Congrats on YOUR harvest!

Chef - Boo was my flea market Cajun puppy. Wally -he's 22 months old. He was bought for Chester. I got this crazy idea into my head that Chester needed a playmate to make him feel young again. The novelty wore off in about a week. He did make Chester's last year more exciting but I suspect Ches woulda preferred boredom over a bratty puppy. All my dogs had always been second hand rescue dogs till Boo. He is a total Mommas boy and the happiest dog I've ever known. He counts his toys like a rich man counts his coin. He was recently the cause of scandal when he broke into the neighbor dogs yard and swiped NINE squeaky toys - if it were not so funny, I might have been mad. He has been a great comfort to me since I had to put Chester down.

OK it's time to learn a bit about hash making or at least the proper storing of trimmings. I think I prefer my bush well trimmed :eek: ( ;) :p :D :cool: THG - I couldn't help myself - you crack me up....).

OldHippieChick said:
He was recently the cause of scandal when he broke into the neighbor dogs yard and swiped NINE squeaky toys - if it were not so funny, I might have been mad.

LMAO! The heist of the century. What a maverick, GETTIN' ALL MAVERICKY!

There are some good video's on you tube for makeing hash...subcool has a series that explain bubble bags to a "T"

We bought a puppy for our old rescued dog to...lol...she hates him! He wants to play, and she just wants to be left alone. She tells him though, she may only have a few teeth in her head, but she knows how to use them in a flash if Froto gets to close to her while she's napping. She's about half his size, but she makes up for it in bitchyness...lol...I will be a wreck when this old girl leaves us!

OldHippieChick said:
OK it's time to learn a bit about hash making or at least the proper storing of trimmings. I think I prefer my bush well trimmed :eek: ( ;) :p :D :cool: THG - I couldn't help myself - you crack me up....).

You nasty girl!

I don't think you'll have enough for a decent run of bubble hash. Throw the trim in the freezer (fresh, not dried) and save it up to add to your next batch.

Isn't that being a little indulgent- buying a pet for your pet?

Just as bushes have all style of trims, so does pot. If I know the "lets call him bob" is gonna be smoking a lot of it, he gets a trim with more leaf matter, as he says it is All good. Me, I trim what I am gonna smoke to a farethewell. I want only trich covered greenery smoke going down into my lungs.

Save that trim till you got an ounce or so and try putting it in with some vodka to cover, then.....let it sit, for a month or so....then, put it in a bowl and let it evaporate. Makes some awesome oily hash. I got a peice about half inch around from some of my NL trim.

I got to spread some rep around too....

Latest posts

Back