Auto With Non Auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can,,but Autos do better with more light hours.

So when I hit my 12/12 the auto will suffer a bit? Hmmmm. So if I'm looking at only a 6 foot high grow space, probably better to stick with just autos on , say, a 18/6 or so? Do they even need dark?

BeerBong said:
So when I hit my 12/12 the auto will suffer a bit? Hmmmm. So if I'm looking at only a 4 foot high grow space, probably better to stick with just autos on , say, a 18/6 or so? Do they even need dark?

Autos don't need a Dark period. I believe 20/4 is the best light schedule for them but 24/0 won't hurt, just wastes a little electricity.

You can grow photo-period plants in 6' high space. The hardest part is to get through the first grow so that you can begin cloning. I once did a micro-grow challenge and grew one clone in a mini hydro set up and pulled 1oz dry off a single plant that grew 19" tall and took up a little over 1sqft space in my fflower room.

It takes more work to get through the first few grows so that you can get the training methods and learn the way the plants like to grow, but once you get that down, you can grow nice little bushes that produce very nice. :)

Any off the more experienced growers can help you if they have time. I am willing to help you do it if you want as I don't work so I am available to help (albeit over the internet or phone) any time you want. It would be a shame to have to settle for growing autos, and constantly having to buy expensive beans when you can do much better with solid photos, and then begin cloning your favorite strain. There are some solid autos that grow some dank smoke but you can't clone them.

This will be the only time I mess with autos. I go it, and a sativa, neither of which I really wanted, free with an order of indica strains.

Latest posts

Back