Bad trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristina

Reaction score
I'm a relatively new smoker. First time was at the begining of September. I only do it on average twice a week. Sometimes three times, sometimes once a week. I'm 28 and never smoked pot until this year.

When I smoke pot, I usually get really happy, laugh A LOT, and say stupid stuff. I generally have fun, though I have gotten paranoid and one time I thought my heart was hurting, but those things only last a short time and then I move on.

Well last night I really FREAKED out. We use a home made vapor thing my husband made. I usually hit it 2-4 times. The first 3 were really mild. So we added more and I took one and a half more. It was super strong. My high usually comes on gradually, but this time it hit me hard. Well I was okay at first, I sent my husband upstairs to get our water bottle. When he was coming down the stairs he was trying to sneak up on my, but I could hear it ( I have super hearing sometimes when I'm high) and the subtle noise of him creeping down the stairs scared me.

Pretty soon I was freaking out. I started asking my husband to help me. Saying I was scared, and afraid; I was going to die. I usually tingle when I'm high, but this time I was shaking uncontrollably. I'm assuming I was having a panic attack. At some point everything got real still and I felt like I could feel electricity surging through me. Then I asked my husband if he was feeling the same thing. He asked me "what" and I said "the conviction of God." I started going on about God and thinking I was going to die and go to hell. I was absolutely terrified. I felt I had disappointed God, but then I'd stop and ask "Is this just the pot?" I couldn't tell if what I was feeling was God, or drug induced. He said this happened to him years and years ago on shrumes. ( He stopped doing all drugs about 10 years ago, and then just recently started smoking pot again)

So anyway, I went through this terror and fear for what seemed like forever. I was saying things like "This can't be real. Is this real? This can't be real, this is a dream." I was also saying, "I never want to do this again, I never want to feel this way again." I was asking God to never let me feel this way again. I even started saying I could understand why people would kill themselves. I felt depressed and wanted everything to stop. I was so overwhelmed by my thoughts and fears. It was crazy. I was afraid I had gone crazy. I couldn't relax, my heart hurt and I was just scared out of my mind. I finaly fell asleep, and felt better this morning, but I'm still not completely better. I still feel slightly anxious and feel slightly stoned. The first time I smoked pot I had like a 2 day hangover, and this feels similar, except I'm anxious not happy.

Soooo any ideas what happened? I did get drunk two nights previous. Drunker than ever, and had a horrible hangover. Could it have been some weird combination?

I'm still not thinking clearly, and my perspective is out of whack. I'm sure I will be feeling normal in a couple days, but I'm concerned about this. I'm considering never smoking pot again.

are you smoking low grade marijuana?? either that or PCP

Smoke some High grade Indica, thats a mellow, nonparinoid high.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
are you smoking low grade marijuana?? either that or PCP

Smoke some High grade Indica, thats a mellow, nonparinoid high.

My husband gets it, so I don't know, but it's supposed to be good. I don't know much about it. I do know that it didn't affect my husband in a bad way any of the times he's smoked it, so I seriously doubt it was PCP. So maybe it's just the strain, which I have no idea what kind it might be.

nothing to worry about... u just "tripped out"... lol... wish I could get that way again ;) it's all in your head. just relax and enjoy getting "out of your head".

at any rate... hope you don't experience that again... but if you feel it going in that direction again... I suggest taking your mind off of "feeling paranoid"... having sex is good for that ;)

later

i was just thinkin that paranoia has a strange way of snowballin in to some of those thoughts.its not the first time ive heard a story like that and i hear its pretty scary. hope all is better

I'm still not back to normal, though I am better than I was, obviously. I am still having some anxiety, and my brain feels "fuzzy". Hopefully this will fade soon. I don't plan on smoking again at this point because I cannot imagine having to go through this again.

wow, its been like 2days? my wife just read your description and said its exactly how she felt when she ate one of my brownies(strong ones).this is totaly diff than how you did it but it took her the whole next day to mellow out and the third day she was back to normal. i hate to believe something was wrong with the bud and would much rather beleive that was one heck of a "homemade vapor thing"! good luck and happy trails(no pun intended()

the more you smoke the better you handle it. LOL the same thing happened to me when i first started smoking i thought i waz gonna die too. but the more i smoked the less it started happing to where it didnt happen any more. Youll be fine. remember u wont die from pot. but you will stuff ya face with food till you pass out.

You just had a "moment"!
Nothing realy to worry about, this happens to alot of inexperienced smokers but if you relax and take smaller hits and let yourself enjoy it then your smoking experience will get alot happier:D

kristina said:
I'm still not back to normal, though I am better than I was, obviously. I am still having some anxiety, and my brain feels "fuzzy". Hopefully this will fade soon. I don't plan on smoking again at this point because I cannot imagine having to go through this again.

Happend to me once too, but i was smoking "schwag" out of a metal pipe.. took a hit, and almost instantly i had a panic attack, it felt like i had this urge to use my right arm to reach over and rip off my left arm, like i needed to do it. I then went upstairs with my hands in both pockets, laid down on the couch and just waited till it ended. Yea there was some praying in there too.

Another time i felt like i was having a heart attack, i felt this surge of pain in the middle of my tounge, then in my chest, and my heart was beating really fast. So i dashed outside and started hyperventilating, which didnt help much.. i then remembered that some times indigestion/gas can make you feel like your having a heart attack/chest pains.. i had eaten some nasty mexican food earlier. I ended up falling asleep.

After that i quit marijuana for about 3 years but id still have problems.. urges to mutilate myself, and panic attacks/anxiety. I went to a doctor and got some lovely pills called "Effexor XR" .. some sort of anti depressant/anti anxiety pill.. anyway worked wonders, now i can smoke scott free without any head problems at all, no more urges, just like normal again.

Be-aware that your mentality can affect your high, if you have a history of mental illness in your family, you might want to be careful.

Not saying my stuff couldnt of been laced though.

Also there is such a thing called THC tolerance.. if you dont smoke daily, say you wait oh 3-4 days before a toke.. and you hit the kind dank hard.. yeah your probably gonna get a little trippy! .. but if you smoke it every day, dont expect any bad trips. The problem seems to be quitting for a while then starting up again. Thats what i dont enjoy doing too often, id rather have a steady supply :)

i suggest not smoking so much no more stick with just the copple hits u were taking and when u smoke again the next time mabey only take 1 hit at first just to see how ur feeling but just dont sit their thinking im i going to trip out again,just dont smoke as much ,,u guys must have some good buds thats all ,,u just smoked 2 much and some peoples bodys are different than outhers when i first started smokin when i was 16 id take 1 hit and id always get sick, my stomich would feel upset i could not get off the floor and id swet out of control it was scary and sucked and it was the worst sick feeling ive ever had then i guess once my body got used to it that quit happenin ,,,but like i said just smoke less ull be ok ,,,,but if u dont enjoy smokein bud i just would not do it but i love smokin now but ill tell u if every time i smoked i felt like i did back when i was 16 i would never smoke and all that sickness would hapen to me off 1 hit ,,,,,i hope all works out for u but it kind of scares me since u said u could see why people would kill their selfs ,,do me a favor and do not smoke with out ur husband their ever ,,be safe please

What hapened to you, as you can read, has happened to alot of us. Many things contrubute to a "freak-out". First-off, did you eat before you smoked? If you'r hungry before you smoke, hunger-sickness can mess you up. Bad stomache/cramps, head-ache, feeling like your gonna throw-up, all get amplifyed when you are "stoned". Also if you eat first, you'll won't get the "Munchie's" as bad later.;) Even though you are 28, your "smokeing" experiance's are still very young. Do you smoke cigarette's? If not, your lungs are still fragile/ healthy, with very little reisistance to the smoke, your lungs are not ready for "Mega-Power" hit's. Many times when we're smoking with frends, we try to show we can "hang-with-the-big-dogs",and take "lung-busters" hits, trying to impress, blowing huge clouds of smoke,and hacking like the cat with a furball. When you are learning to fly a plane, you don't take-off and start a massive climb, trying to get as "high" as possable, as quickly as you can? No. You start "Low and Slow". You are just starting to experiance this wonderious new thing, take it slow, learn for yourself, learn your "limit", don't "push" yourself, the temptation is greater when you are trying to keep-up with a spouse. Try rolling a small joint,and by yourself, during a day, by-your-self,smoke a couple of hits,put it out, wait, listen to something mello, enjoy your high. Take another hit or two, put it out, watch an old favorite movie, whatever. Vaporizers are the "new" thing right now, I personaly think they are overrated, alot like smoking hash-oil, I feel they don't heat/burn other parts of the the bud, that I find I like. If everything was reduced to strickly "The best high"or "Strongest" high, why do we grow different "Breeds", So many different tastes, and flavors,and highs! Or will we be reduced to smoking mass-produced "pellets" of THC, very stoney, but with a "Genetic" taste? No thank-you. Load me a bong-load, pack that bowl, and while you do that I'll roll a batch of "Finger"-joints! Hope this helps, CaptainViper.:D

Sounds like you where on the edge of greening:cool:

Latest posts

Back