Bad Wicks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lezbein

Reaction score
So I tried a few wicks and they all failed. IDK wats the problem. A braided rope runs through the can (u can see the rope at the top and bottom sticking out. The res is off to the side, I took it out.) The medium does stay nice and wet, but no mj grows out. I put germinated seeds and transplanted seedlings in there before and they all died. The seeds never broke ground and the seedlings never grew, the roots looked all darken and dired out, but the top look fine, just didn't grow any. Feed plain water every day as well.

MJ DWC20.jpg

is that a tin can you are using/looks god awful whatever it is.you need to get some stuff to grow in first off.

I didn't have matches in some of the other failures, I used wooden sticks from q-tips -the tips broken off- but the grow still didn't happen. The tin idea might be the answer. I just can't recall if I did a grow w/o a wick in tin before. Think I might have; I'll try a diff/ can anyway, that's a good point, thanks. But, what's weird is that the transplanted seedlings that failed were 1st grown in a regular plastic pot -for plants- and grew w/ no problem, until the transplant in tin; but I also got a plastic soda bottle that had a germinated seed, w/ wooden sticks -broken q-tips again- and still no grow. It's the very left can on the pic. Can it be something else too?

mj wick 1.jpg

Its hard to just pick one thing when it looks like you are doing almost everything wrong. Go read the sticky in this forum that says to "Read this first before asking questions" I posted a link to it in your other thread. Good luck.

Because obviously the budwiser wick system is the best. Here I've been spending all my time educating myself and purchasing all these crazy things I don't need, like hydroton and 3 part nutrients.

What were all the questions about growing medium and nutes for, if you have decided to go your own route with things anyway? Those of us whom gave you suggestions are from educated well informed people who grow, we were not just shooting in the dark, we wanted you to be sucessful.

Scrap the cans shell out 4 bucks for some 3 gallon planters and spend 10 bucks on some good soil. If you spend the money now you will be repaid after harvest with the bud you get. That way your weed man gets nothing and you smoke some good weed that cost you about $20 an oz.

i know im REAL REAL late but i've been busy with school and i just wanted to point out that that all made my day! Wow i love this website! this stuff is great!!!!! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back