Bagseed making a run for it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an update: all bagseed still no money, The first two pics are of the 3 I started in late december. And three more that eventually sprouted. The last pics are of the only female out of the six from my last batch under 400w HPS. She's been flowering for about 5 weeks now and not bad for bagseed and a few yellowing leaves, normal I guess during flower. By the way when is it too late to add some "Beatie Bloomz". :farm: :D

Grow Pics 052.jpg

Grow Pics 051.jpg

Grow Pics 048.jpg

Grow Pics 046.jpg

Grow Pics 050.jpg

For how long are you thinking to keep her in flowering stage? Did you notice any difference in growing with the HPS? :confused: I mean, are they growing better than with flos? I'm just curious....
And...well done!!! The revenge of the new growers....:D

Just long enough to be ready for flower, this bagseed seems to be a sativa so I am guessing 4-5 more weeks and then she might be ready. Sativa strains seem to take longer than indica or indica/sativa ones. My next grow I plan to do a indica or indica/stiva strain and sea of green too. She is almost 3.5 feet tall but I have her tied down for LST growing. New growerws have formed the "Voltron" of growing it seems! With the help of the masters of course! :D :48: :farm: :joint4:

Veg day 39 approximate: Just repotted these babies into 2 gallon pots. They were already rootbound, I guess more roots than growth. I switched them to Miracle Grow 24-8-16 @ half strength.:) It seems I killed my microorganisms with too much H2O2 in the nutes. So its back to synthetics.

Grow Pics 053.jpg

Grow Pics 055.jpg

hey man, been a while since i looked up your journal. it seems like your main plant got really spindly when you switched it to the hps. are you happy with the results or do you think that production is a little low? keep up the good work.

Thanks, the main plant is from bagseed and I can't expect too much from it. I am hoping for better results from my new bagseed grow. Today I started a 4 unit DWC setup for another round of hydro. Pics to come soon, i have been dealing with an insect problem I noticed tonight but hit em with some homade insecticidal soap, thrips :(

From one bag seed grower to the other I say your looking good man.

Enjoy

:D Here are a couple of pics of my new addition to the "bagseed saga". This is my DIY kit for DWC Hyrdo 4 unit: 16 quart rubbermaid tub (2) 4" and (1) 12" air stone and an air pump for a 60 gallon aquarium and 3.5" net pots w/rockwool and lava rocks for medium. Will be using Technaflora Nutes (BC Grow, BC Boost, BC Bloom, Thrive Alive B1 Red & Green) and H202 feeding eventually feeding @ 1/4 strength nutes and working up. Wish me luck I really need some "green mojo". :farm:

Grow Pics 061.jpg

Grow Pics 056.jpg

Grow Pics 059.jpg

Hey DKM! How are your little ones doing? I'll say they are bigger now... How is your DIY hydro set up working? Is it working well?
And...Good Luck!! I hope they'll grow into ladies soon...very soon;)

I had some yellowing of the leaves and one seems to be dying but it seems to be a lack of Nitrogen so I up the dose of nutes today with res change. I wll post some pics tomorrow.

I have had a recent growth spurt since last post of the three Bagseed in soil. One has already shown female under 18/6 lighting. Will begin flower lighting at 12 inches.:D

Grow Pics 062.jpg

Grow Pics 063.jpg

The ladies are looking great NGT. ;) Green healthy bushy ladies what more can ya ask for except maybe some dry buds. :p Soon enough you will have jars full of smoke and loving every minute of it. :yay: Nothing better than smoking your own bud knowing that it's better than the crap on the streets. :joint: Your doing a great job my friend keep it up. :aok:

Thanks TBG, by the way I have been checking out your pics and man they look awesome. On question though, I have that one female from my last grow under 400w hps, I don't have a good magnifying glass to look at trichomes so what other method can I use to tell fro ripeness? Would pistil color be another indication? She has been flowering for about 8 weeks now and she seems to sativa dominant. :confused:

newgreenthumb said:
Thanks TBG, by the way I have been checking out your pics and man they look awesome. On question though, I have that one female from my last grow under 400w hps, I don't have a good magnifying glass to look at trichomes so what other method can I use to tell fro ripeness? Would pistil color be another indication? She has been flowering for about 8 weeks now and she seems to sativa dominant. :confused:
Well we have never had to go that way but from what i have read i think it's 75% for the pistils. Are the calayx's swelling up at all and sucking in the hairs? If she is Sativa dominant expect her to go atleast another week or two.

Looking good mang, very cool to see ya dabblin' in hydro now too.

Thanks Eman. For some reason though the hydro setup is growing slowly. I tried this before with the same nutes grow media type and ph levels but these babies are growing slower than my soil.

hydrogen peroxide is bad for good bacteria in soil...unless you need to kill of an infestation or your plant is sick- i would reccomend you discontinue use.

trillions of atoms said:
hydrogen peroxide is bad for good bacteria in soil...unless you need to kill of an infestation or your plant is sick- i would reccomend you discontinue use.

I only use the h2o2 in the ones I use synthetic nutes on. The ones that are microorganism grows I do not just for that reason. The h2o2 keeps some oxygen available to the roots in case of overwatering thats all. But thanks for the advice though. :farm: :bong2:

;) Well here she is at about 8 weeks into flower and I finally got a 60x microscope and her trichs are going cloudy so today I started her soil leeching with ph balanced water. I didn't expect this much from some bagseed that I had sitting around for about a year. Though she had LST she would be 3.5 feet long. :farm:

Grow Pics 064.jpg

Grow Pics 065.jpg

Grow Pics 066.jpg

Latest posts

Back