Barney's Farm Critical Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one pheno is doing great. Nice frosty buds forming as we speak.

The other is still all droopy and wilted. The buds are nice and frosty but they are not as big as the other plant.

They should be done around Oct 9th and I can get a taste. Then, the clones can go to flower and, I hope, provide a nice little stash.

View attachment 090614kushmotherswilt-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmotherswiltbuds-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmothersgoodone-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmothersgoodonebuds-1.jpg

4 weeks into flowering and the "wilted" plant is starting to get brown hairs on the buds, already. I'm not sure if it's just showing maturity a little early or if the plant is dying.

The other plant is getting very frosty.

What a difference between these 2. I still find it difficult to believe that these are 2 phenos from the same strain. I believe I got a seed from a totally different strain by mistake.

These 2 plants are not the same in any way, shape or form. One is a strict Sativa and the other is the hybrid that it is supposed to be.

The clones are really starting to show the difference and I am separating them already. Some are nice and full and stocky with big fat leaves. Some others are stretchy and tall with real thin leaves.

New seeds from Herbies never showed. They are re-shipping today but they only re-ship one time. If they don't show this time, I am SOL.

Last harvest, my lowers (popcorn and skiff) amounted to about 8 ounces (out of 2 pounds total harvest) which has already made a quarter ounce of bubble hash and about 3 or 4 grams of hash oil (shatter hopeful LOL)

I have cleared out bottom branches in the past for several reasons (over crowding, air movement problems, just too ugly to look at, need to get access to plants in the rear.... and a few others that don't come to mind right away) and it did absolutely nothing to make the top buds bigger. Tops were always the same on plants that were trimmed and plants that were not. I believe if the plant has enough nutrients the fruit (buds) will grow to it's maximum size. However, the other limiting factor.... lighting is the only reason that lower buds are smaller than upper buds.

I can't imagine why anyone would throw away 1/4 of their harvest.

I may clear out some on the "wilted" plant simply because it falls into the "too ugly to look at" category. LOL

I am about ready to put some of these into flower. I'll trim out the bottoms on some of them and not some others. We'll see if we can tell a difference in the final weight-per-plant. Not real scientific with only a few plants in the experiment but, who knows, we may see something.

Very interesting.. I have 5x G13 Pineapple Express and 1x Tangilope going in a 4.5 x 4.5 with two 600w HPS right now, and am going to be flipping any day now. I'm waiting for them to grow tall enough, and they seem everything but stretchy.

I did a bunch of reading and it seems the G13 version is legit PE. :vap-Bong_smoker:

not sure what to say about that one i have not gotten anything from g13 but like i saaid i had much different results from the pineapple express i had picked up it does bother me that i did not get a chance to taste some of it but hey what can a person do when there an't any right .

I have been growing CK for about a year now.
They grow extremely quickly, and flower as quick.
Be careful, they ARE prone to bud rot and mold, keep good air flow.
Also, I use Fox Farms too, they are very tolerant to high nute doses.

Thanks for the input. Mine are just entering week 6 and I have a few amber trics already.

I'll keep a close eye out for mold and rot.

Thanks for the input. Mine are just entering week 6 and I have a few amber trics already.

Yes, its an early bird, that's why its in my sea of green rotation, also make sure you flush 7-12 days before harvest with Fox Farms.

Please heed my advice, CK does NOT like high humidity combined with little air flow, an extra fan now can save you later, turning your plants every other day may also help.

If you look at my other threads you will see my Ck when it was in full bloom, explosive ! This strain, because of its rapid growth requires more frequent attention, but it's well worth it in the end with its ultra high THC content.

Because of the high THC content it would be wise to save the trimmings for butter and or oil.

Have a nice day :)

P.S.

Pull off yellow, dead leaves asap, daily, dont let them mold, this is the start of bud rot n white powder mold, after it starts its a ***** ****** to get rid of.

After looking at your pics in the prior page I can see your budding plants touching the tent walls, THIS is where moisture accumulates , look In Your tent just before the lights come on in the morning, feel the tent walls where the plants are touching, if you notice water on the walls or plants that's the #1 sign brother.
That's why you need to rotate your plants in a tent, especially with CK.
Sorry for the 3 posts but I've been down this road and since your so near to harvest I want to give you my lessons learned so you get the most.

You post all you want pal. I need it. LOL

You scared me enough to go down just now and do a nice thorough inspection. I rotated everything and fluffed all the branches (Boy, your hands sure smell great after that task. LOL)

Thanks for the input.... I need, and appreciate it all.

:)

Also, just FYI, I have 4 fans in the room. The exhaust (naturally), an intake fan that blows air into the room, plus 2 oscillating fans. One small high and one large low.

If mold can grow in this room, it's a hurricane strain. LOL

I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Only a couple weeks to go. :)

you should see CK outdoors. It stretches and spreads out like nothing I have seen. I'll be tying the side limbs up today before they hit the ground. given room to spread.....they do.

Even indoors the buds become so heavy they bend over the plants. I always tie my CK stalks in flower.

I am not impressed with the size of the buds, yet. I am hoping they pack a lot on the last 2 weeks.

I have a couple buds supported by pipe cleaners to the main stem but other then that, everything is still supporting itself.

As I recall at 43 days mine couldn't stand alone.
I have a thread with pics. Somewhere on this site.
My current clones are 7 weeks old and in 20 gallon grow bags n huge, just went into flower.

I run temps at 78-86 and humidity NO more than 43%.
I water then 2 days later nute, then 2 days water n then 2 days nute.

I think mine are at about day 38.

I water about every 3 days with full nutes. Each plants takes about a gallon of water or more.

Temps are 77 - 82 and humidity is usually 45% - 55%.

Buds are nice and frosty but not nearly as big as my Sativa bag seed. The clones are doing nicely, so far. They are about 15 - 20 days in the veg tent. Getting a little crowded but there's nothing I can do until the mothers finish and are out of the flower room..... another few weeks.

Then, I will transplant 16 of these from 3 quart to 2 gallon pots and flower them. The rest (about 25 total will stay in the veg tent and in the 3 qt pots and I will just flower them in the veg tent with an HPS 400w bulb. It's not much but it's better than tossing them into the compost pile.

View attachment kushclones091314-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back