BBPs' Blue Mystic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
Hello all! This is my 4 month old Blue Mystic. She was SUPER STRESSED and is only about 6 inches tall:eek:!!! Wellllll...today she autoflowered. Yesterday I was going to execute her, glad I didn't. I'm going to transplant her today and veg until she's about 12 inches(another 4 months, lol).

bud 024.jpg

bud 025.jpg

Figured i'd try the supercrop method of pinching and twisting the stems. I'm going to give her about another month in veg then 12/12 she goes:D. I have her tied down with twisty ties. Thanks for looking:peace:!

bud 029.jpg

bud 030.jpg

She's coming along beautifully! I hope to get some fat buds off of her.

bud 034.jpg

bud 035.jpg

BBP......you are torchering that poor girl! LOL

4 months in veg and then you twist her nodes!

Your funny man, i want to try that also so i'm going to see how it effects your tard plant......uh i mean....sloooooow plant LOL

by the way, why is it takin so long to veg???did you mean 4 weeks not 4 months???
:bong:

She was SUPER STRESSED and is only about 6 inches tall
I started her out in a hydro system about four months ago, little less, little more, can't really remember. Her and 2 sisters sat in that system for about a month with no new growth(my 1st and last hydro attempt). I put them in soil and in about a week 2 died, 1 lived. She had 3 sets of leaves when I put her in soil, only one set healthy. I wasn't planning on keeping her so she sat in the back of my grow box until I noticed she was a she. I've gone through a whole grow with her just sitting there, in crappy dirt, getting no attention. I transplanted her a week ago and gave her all the love and care i've given everything else and the pics should speak for themselves. She's had alot of growth backed up and now she's exploding!!! She'll probably be the jewel of my next harvest:).

i had a similar experience, i started with some bagseeds to test out the waters and experiment, and this plants went thru hell overstretched, underwatered, high temps, all!! and dude they came back healthy all of a sudden and started blowing up ever since. had to top 1 just so it wouldnt go outside the box... Now, i treat them like royalty!!;)

thats like a real world love story.....very touching LOL
:)

so what happens when you break the stems, won't that stunt growth further? How much is added to the yield by this?

I'm intrigued man, got any pics of a plant right before harvest that this twisting and breaking has been done to?

thats weird you had it in hydro with no results...... My hydro is far superior to MY soil so far....I'm finding soil difficult :rant:

any rule of thumb where you break and twist?

I've been breaking and twisting everywhere:D! This is my first time trying it but so far the stem gets real thick when it heals. The science behind this is the same as topping. Break the stem and top growth stops while the bottom growth explodes. When the stem heals(1-3 days) top growth starts again. I like it so far. I have around ten bud sites without topping. I'm going to push this to the limit, see what type of results I get with almost every stem broken between every node, even on the branches. Soil is easy. Pretty much plant and water. No constant monitoring. As usual, i'll keep my experiences posted.

This torchered girl was growing too fast. Had to put her on 12/12. I like the pinching the stem method. My stalk is huge:). She's probably tripled in size in 15 days:eek:! Unexpected but good. I'm finally getting the hang of this grow thing:D. Beautiful plant and so far easy to grow and handles stress very well, which is good because I stress them heavily:p. Thanks for looking at my grow!

bud 044.jpg

bud 045.jpg

bud 046.jpg

bud 047.jpg

WOW BBP! She's looking great now! I might take a clone or two before flower :D

i cant believe thats the same plant...................very nice

i cant believe thats the same plant
Neither can I! I don't know if it's the soil, the super cropping or if she's just happy to be getting some love:D. I took 5 cuttings from her but i'm not the best in that area. 2 are fine, 1 is okay and 2 are in trouble. I'm not sweating it though. If one lives i'll have a mother:).

that snapping idea is pretty good and is sounding pretty awesome! I may do this with one of my next plants in my next grow... Keep us posted.

Draston said:
that snapping idea is pretty good and is sounding pretty awesome! I may do this with one of my next plants in my next grow... Keep us posted.
Will do!

Good stuff Bombbudpuffa. Have to give pinching a go :)

Wow, I like the pinching idea too, I will do that for a long-term-several-crops plant I was planning...

Yep, I like it so far. I need to do a side by side to see if it really makes a diff with yield. Thanks for stopping by:D.

bombbudpuffa said:
Yep, I like it so far. I need to do a side by side to see if it really makes a diff with yield. Thanks for stopping by:D.

Hey man, here where I live some farmers make cuttings on the mango tree stem and say that it produces more mangoes this way. Their explanation is that the tree understands its life is in danger and tries to produce a lot in order to guarantee reproduction. The same principle is probably right for MJ too. But I wonder, maybe there is a risk that your plant becomes a hermie if you keep on pinching and twinsting it?

Latest posts

Back