Biggest plant of the year contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no zip never shown on here yet..now she is unleashed..:giggle:

Morning Folks...
came home last night, got the tape up on the tallest Blueberry, 7'2", from the soil. The lady next to her is 7 even. And she is filling out. Her branches are putting on new growth at the nodes reall well. I didnt expect more growth with the temps in the 108f these last few days. Guess she is growing at night.......

Mornin! TC, you are the second person to let me know I am out of the running this morning. First, 4u's Crystal shows up, now your blueberry. I think I will go take the hedge trimmers to my Thai SS! What's left for me, biggest yield? Anybody wanna guess how tall a plant it is going to take to win this contest? I am taking 100" as my guess. It sure is fun looking at all these big girls, though.
zip, go to the BHC thread and you can see 4u's bbw

anyone ever see the movie the haunting in connecticut?
remember the part where that kid starts pukin out that ectoplam stuff and its all twirling in the air out his mount...?
well thats wat my frog reminds me of now. :hubba: :D
i cant wait til all her buds are full. man she gonna loook odd i bet lol
still got them ones in the cat treat containers stilll goin strong. one them is a shwag sativa just liek my frog one an i been bendin her just liek the frog an looks almost identical. i like this bendin pattern. the fans stay out the way while bein able to keep all teh bud sites exposed as it zig sags up liek a Xmas tree.
i'm a doo few my clones the same way as well an see wat happens too.
i dig it!!

4u2sm0ke said:
That thing is AWESOME!!! be carefull on the move..and you better get a Semi trractor trailer..I wanna see pics after the Move fer sure..and is you Buddy pissn on her in the other pic? :rofl: just funnin..keep Her Green:D

Glad you like 4u2smoke and no he's not peeing on her but I agree he does look like he's having a slash.:)

The strain I thought was Bangi Haze,my F3's to be exact but I've just found out it was mislabeled and is in fact a cross made by a friend,Pinball Wizard,a grower I met through UK420.

I don't have parentage details and can't contact PW atm but he's a damn good grower so should think this cross was made with much thought rather than a straight hack.

And that's a pic of last years big girl,just to brighten up ma post.:p

DSC_0031-2.jpg

I want a plant like that....:hairpull:
I want a full huge plant, just one, is it me or is it the length of hours of sunshine? is it me or is it the soil I use? is it me or ??? I dont mean to complain, I put my plants in before the last average frost, I start them early indoors, I use decent nutes (maybe this is the problem, I only nute once a week). I Want a big Plant like the one above......:hubba:
I am seriously planning a retaining wall, so I can grow in soil that is not in pots, let the roots get bigger, but then comes a picture that says I should be able to get a plant that big......
You all think it is my short growing season? Not enought vedgin time?:headbang: Or ...are they too crowded in my cage? To many plants? dang dang dang .....

That is some Dream Plant up there....:yay:

and I am envious as heck of you too benny, and 4u!:aok:

okay, I have size issues, Im out now.....:shocked:
I have a good entry, for tallest.....get real, I tell myself, winning isnt everything....:cool:

TC, both 4u and I are north of you. So, how many hours of sun do your plants get? Half of mine are shaded in morning, then full sun until about 6 pm. The other half starts out in full morning sun, then shady before sunset. Even my 3 in the coop only get good sun for 8 hours. Pretty shaded after 6pm. I have no idea where Rockster lives, but he clearly has it down as far as making his girls perform. Maybe our spring weather conditions are different? maybe your soil isn't as good. bad water? I am guessing that because your plants do get very tall, but not as fat as some is a lack of enough sunshine, causing stretch. That is purely a guess, though.

Benny, my girls start getting hit with the sun around nine in the morning, and by five half of them are shaded, with some sun shinning thru the trees. The west end of the garden (opposite the tall girls) get about an hour more full sun. The sun sinks behind the mountain bout 8:30. Last year, I did all store bought soil (foxfarmsOF and HappyFrog), still didnt get anything near as bushy as that pic up there or you and 4u. I grew three nice big plants from seed last year and nine nice small clones. I had a smoke problem last year for bout eight weeks. I am down to the water, I have well water (and argue all the time about how much water is too much, container gardens in high heat, 108f today in the shade, need more water imo. and less when the temps are lower like 90's). These that are getting tall, are from seed, so have been alive longest and in biggest plastic pots. Their clones are also leggy. The other clones I have are bushy, just not tall. My average last frost is May 30, and I put the tall ones out mid may. This June was really cold up here too, with lots of rain, not normal this year.

I was in a bad mood this morning, whinning bout my girls. I am proud as punch bout them. I should not have posted what I did. Maybe they feel my vibes? I will be posting pics of most of them tonight, after it cools down some. I am almost thinking they are to crowded....lol,
thanks for the ideas benny.

very nice ukgirl...how are you makeing it look like that? My arms are all flopped out..That plant of yours looks like its getting fatter not taller..this may be a good thing..maybe she wont stretch much in flower..or..she will expload..I am for sure goona watch this one..Nice Job Girl:aok:

4u2sm0ke said:
very nice ukgirl...how are you makeing it look like that? My arms are all flopped out..That plant of yours looks like its getting fatter not taller..this may be a good thing..maybe she wont stretch much in flower..or..she will expload..I am for sure goona watch this one..Nice Job Girl:aok:

hello 4u ,,the bottom arms are being held up of the ground with a cut up tom cage ,,if thats what u meant ;)
and yes she is starting to get real fat :D,,oh im hoping she hasnt stopped growing yet tho// i want her to explode in flower if i have any chance of evening catching up with the monsterous plants in your garden/competition,,:hubba:

Here she is....tall and lanky.....
She is cool, she is Blueberry and for an indica she is massive tall.....7'2" last Friday night.
(forgot the pics..lol...best get over to BHC and passthis :bong1: ) maybe...

7 20 h bbtallest.JPG

7 20 g.JPG

That's a tallplant, looks like the stems are dark, interesting. I am certain it will end up much taller because once it buds it will get a couple more feet ime.

I had some purps last year that had that same red stem. I bought these seeds at a place in humbolt county. Blueberry and Flo, said they were from DJShort himself. Dont really know but will still call them bb and flo. The Flo is distinctive for its much larger fan leaves than the BB. Very dark green leaves too, more so than the rest of the garden.

420benny said:
TC, both 4u and I are north of you. So, how many hours of sun do your plants get? Half of mine are shaded in morning, then full sun until about 6 pm. The other half starts out in full morning sun, then shady before sunset. Even my 3 in the coop only get good sun for 8 hours. Pretty shaded after 6pm. I have no idea where Rockster lives, but he clearly has it down as far as making his girls perform. Maybe our spring weather conditions are different? maybe your soil isn't as good. bad water? I am guessing that because your plants do get very tall, but not as fat as some is a lack of enough sunshine, causing stretch. That is purely a guess, though.

Hi benny,

I'm in London so have milder rather than sunnier weather but these big girls were just started very early in the season indoors and then placed outdoors in mid April and are in cheapo compost and fed Bio Bizz organics.

Thanks rockster. I think the early start is the key. I believe 4u did that too. Mine weren't put out until May 16th or so. They were about 2 foot tall seedlings at that time. I know that if I get to grow here again next year, I am going for 25 gal. minimum size pots for all those that don't get planted in the ground. I can see a big difference between those in 15s and those in 30 or bigger.

4u2sm0ke said:
That Sativa will need another 4 foot added when she flowers..be carefull with her:aok:

You werent kidding, she grew another 6+" in the last couple of days.....much more of this and i wont be able to "find" the indy !

Latest posts

Back