Biggest plant of the year contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY NL Skunk was looking especially fat this morning. So, I decided to measure her. She is 6 feet across, making her 18.84 feet around. :hubba: My Mean Green is now second, at my place. So, NL Skunk not only has the biggest fan leaves at 10" by 12", she is my chunkiest girl. First 4 pics are NL Skunk, next 2 are Mean Green. Last 2 pics are Thai SS. I believe you could grow this strain in bamboo and no one would have a clue. She has reached the gutter. I think I need to bend all her tops over while they are still pliable. It may cost me the tallest category, but I can't have her growing up on the roof. If I can keep her under the gutter, I have a chance of covering her come fall. Check my gj for more intersting shots, like a purple mango. Really!

0711001.JPG

0711002.JPG

0711003.JPG

0711004.JPG

0711005.JPG

0711006.JPG

0711009.JPG

0711013.JPG

lol 4u... you gettin intimidated ? lol
hey if you getintimidated just look at my frog i entered. you'll feel better bout ya size then. lol
them are some big bushes benny! i must say , WOW!!
yours looks beutiful too 4u. they all do guys.

......hi everybody with big plants.....just googled some math sites, and the formula for Circumfrence is 'Pi x Diameter.'.....and area is 'Pi x Radius squared'.....

....oh yeah, my plants can not compete with the monsters I have seen, but they are really cute.......

.....hey 420benny.....nice branches.....

4u, don't worry. It is still early. The 3 plants I have together are growing right next to a perennial 3 bin compost pile. The soil is "special". Everything grows crazy there. It used to be a chicken coop, so they helped amend the soil, too. Great soil and just okay sun trumps okay soil and great sun. Don't you agree? Not saying anything at all about you, just my thoughts on why these plants are doing so fine.

That is so cool man, we both have some of the same strains. When we harvest, we will need to roll hoots of everything and at the same time smoke the like ones. My Thai SS plants look exactely like yours, and my Mangos are no doubt going to be same of close. I also have a relly nice NL that smells the same as the NL I grew 15 years ago, my goodness it is sweet!:hubba:

well i think miss frog finally stopped stretchin. looks like this where she stands but idk. she very sativa. from shwag bud so... lol either way she livin on tho an puttin out hairs as well.
i hope you all dont think i was all gung ho ain tryin to win this contest tho lol.
froggy just felt lonely and no place to categorize her so thats y i put her here.
either way i think she looks cool. :) cant wait to see her all budded up tho for sure :hubba:

It's all good, the rules don't descriminate against a plant just because it doesn't appear to have a chance. I'm sorta wondering why more of the members here havn't joined in on the fun. It would be hard for me to believe that some of the major posters here don't have something massive. Don't be shy folks, post them up, what's the worst that could happen? You might get a bigger yield than you would have because of the extra effort given towards growing a particular tree. I know I am focusing on size and yield in an attempt to win the contest.

Zip.....you WIN Best container..:yay::clap:

420benny..im not worried..i have my secret weapon comeing soon...I grew mine useing tomato cages..and cept all side branches inside cage..and i think if i didnt they would be even bigger around..will take pics later today or tomarrow..

take care and be safe:ciao::bong:

Zip.....you WIN Best container..

SAWEEEET! :)
ya gotta see my new bonzai pot i got for my NL mom im putti in next root pruning. its a ceramic frog one LOL i got a pic in my bonsai reveg thread in signature.
im pretty fond of frogs in case ya'll didnt know. lol
i have my secret weapon comeing soon
yowser this is all gettin good now.
cant wait to see the secret weapon unleashed 4U.

Just came in from feeding the girls. Husband measured the biggest Blueberry we are following......
6' 10" !
She is filling out too.....she is putting growth on all of her branches, branching out at all leaf nodes.

Looking great everyone!
Math has never been my strong suit, sorry bout the area of circle vs circumfrence mistake.

hey tc.......didn't want to make you feel anything but spectatular about your math abilities......I even bought on to the Pi times radius squared idea........that's why I googled 'math formula for circumference of a circle AND FOUND THE AREA formula by accident......da....and I took geometry and trigonometry with the friggin mean cruel nasty harmful sick Sisters of Saint Mary's in the 7th and 8th grade....and I really hope none of them are alive today......wow, that was weird energy.......by by, painterdude

pd, I too put up with the sisters in 7th and 8th grade. I still remember getting the wooden ruler across the back of my hands. Yes, benny deserved it! Do they do that today? he// NO! Too many lawyers and lawsuits. Maybe we need some good ol' discipline?
Major thunderstorm today. I got an inch and a half of rain in 2 hours. My poor NL Skunk's lower branches were all laying on the ground from all the water weight. I don't think any broke, but I am so glad I didn't have huge bud laden branches on any of my girls. All the other plants thought the rain was cool. If I had measured the NL today, she would have been soooo much wider, but that would have been cheating and I want to win this fair and square. Is the Hawaiian vacation still on the table, cuz I need to start working on my tan? lol, of course

If you win we can get you as far west as Phoenix, beyond that you will need alternative modes of transportation.:D And hey there is no such thing as cheating when it comes to size and yield. Today I tied my plant down in 3 different directions which means I have 4 strings spreading the girl apart and down. I also have topped mine around 60 times by now, which means around 120 top colas will be on the march soon.:hubba:

@ SherwoodForest...Just my 2 cents but I don't think your going to see the Big Gun , BIG Wigs drop in till the very last second SherwoodForest...Old School verse New School my friend...The Old way is Grow Grow Grow...But don't you dare show !...Till you are ready to drop that plant hang it and roll...Security and wisdom my friend...But like I said that is just my 2 cents. Lil things like camera angle , background ect can give a good hidy hole away...

Now Us med patients well We got cards so We are all within plant limits we are oka....But the real BIG Uns gotta be careful.

But I swear every one else is looking good... WAY PAST GOOD.

Me I think I found Me a holler down copperhead road.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc86_Weoye0

James

I know that someone like Old Hippy could pop in at any time with a beast of a plant. I was just looking at some of his pics the other night. That guy can grow some biggies! I hope he's okay. There are lots of others keeping quiet here, too. Time will tell. MY NL Skunk finally picked herself up off the ground and looking somewhat normal. Big Bang still can't figure out which way is up on some of her lower branches.

I reckon unless he pops in at the last moment and takes you all by surprise then you got it in the bag benny mate :aok:

( There a South African dude, i forget his name, if he pops up your all screwed :rofl: )

Who's entered into the indoor catagory then apart from zip ( apologeese if its obvious, very drunk :aok: )
I'll have that one if i can :giggle:

Is the winning measurement the biggest one throughout the grow or the measurments at the point of cutting down?????

Make a big difference in width for me ya c cos i done cola's not bushes.

Pfff, anyone wanna drive? Maybe a :bong1: will clear my mind :rofl:

420benny for the win :clap:
I'm not biased though :giggle: ;) :stoned:

Who's entered into the indoor catagory then apart from zip
LOL i dont stand a chance gainst you for sure NB. i just wanted to play along an thought she was a good specimen for it all. lol
but like HIE said.
Zip.....you WIN Best container..
idk but im a really think of somethin really cool for next idea of crazy container tho now i got cuttings to go wit vs just seeds an havin to deel wit the crazy stretching form seed.
we should have a contet for most unique container. i wont count inthe frog as my entry but i will find somethin neater :hubba:

Latest posts

Back