Biggest plant of the year contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SherwoodForest said:
Yes maam, 3 catagories. That doesn't mean 1 person won't take the championship though.;)

Thats right!!!!!:giggle:

Sherwood..can this be done on 3 plants? or does it have to be 1 plant? I think i have 2 posted here..and another I would like to share that over 8 feet tall now..but dont feel that would be fare to you all...well good luck everyone..

i think you are correct benny...width times 3.14..what i did was use some yarn and some bamboo sticks...

I placed stcks at leaf end around her and then ran yarn around and cut ...then lay out and measure with measure tape..not 100% accurate but closer then holding you hand:rofl:

Hey, I was right. Thanks 4u. Here's what I found. My Mean Green is 15.7 ft. around, so far. Or, 6 small people holding hands, lol. 4u, there is a 20 plant limit here. How close are you getting, lol.
  1. Understand what "circumference" means. The circumference is the rim of an unrolled circle. It is identical in concept to the perimeter of another shape, such as a square. Simply put, it is the distance around the edge of the circle.
  2. Step 2
    Find the diameter. The diameter of a circle is the distance across it. You can find the diameter by locating the center of the circle, measuring from the center to the edge, and then doubling that number. Alternately, you can simply measure across the center of the circle.
  3. Step 3
    Multiply the diameter by Pi. Most math teachers will allow you to use 3.14 as Pi, but others may want you to take it out to seven digits: 3.1425926. So, to figure out the perimeter of a circle, your formula is Pi * d. This equation will give you the perimeter, or circumference, of a circle.
  4. Step 4
    Use an alternate formula. You can also use P = 2 * Pi * r to calculate the perimeter, if you know the radius (value of r) and do not want to worry about having to find the diameter. It's easy--and simple--to figure out the perimeter of a circle!

pi R squared = Circumfrence
Pi = 3.17 (I believe, tho the memory is the first to go...so they say)
R = radius = 1/2 diameter
squared is RxR or is it Rx2...yeah...Rx2?
Some one will figure it out better, HIE where are you?
okay, maybe pi is 3.14......dont quote me....
Sounds like a good way to mesure around tho....

Not gonna change the above, tho I stand corrected....
pi = 3.14
I got fat circles

......yeh budski.....been reading the last page and absorbing all the math suggestions.......diameter doesn't get you a whole lot of info.....but.....radius squared times Pi......should equal the circumference of the supposed circle.....do marijuana plants normally grow in perfect circles?

.....my plants are small and seem happy......I hope and pray that they all want to be girls.....besides hermies I really hate to see 'nuts'......painterdude

okay here's some new shots as of this mornin. The indy seems to have stopped her growth spurt. Sativa has picked up another 5 1/2 " :hubba: :hubba: and the new top feeding / dressing hAS EVEN HIT YET !!

Over all dia of the sativa is only 1 1/2 meters around for you euro folk, er roughly 5' round. Trying to measure her on her side was trikky and it took two small kids and a midget to get er done !

The Indy is going monsterous ! I've been taking the lower branches for clones so the rest has gone MONDO ave branch is a good 1 1/2" plus around .overall dia around 3 feet......BUT THEM BRANCHES ARE CRAZY HUGE !
Indy is def in for the "Yield" race...

outdoorjuly.jpg

outdoor indy.jpg

she grew another foot in the past 10 days. last entry was 5'2".

she is now 6' 2".:cool: ...

i thought , with so many members, there would be a butt load of contenders. not to many entries this year though. :confused: .

love the frog zipflip.:) .cool...
good luck everyone on all grows. Irish...

Nice 4u! I wanna know what jr. thinks is growing behind him

Went on out to the garden for you, 4u and here is the update,.....
the Flo is catching up with the Blueberry!
They are filling out, they are filling out, they are filling out :D some.
You can see them in the back of the garden, the right blueberry seems to have slowed down. The one we are watching is the left corner

7 10 BB Flo catching up.JPG

7 10 garden.JPG

SherwoodForest said:
Update pic from today. I also have included a pic of a nice baby praying mantis I took off my dogs back. Apparently he was hitching a ride and I decided to relocate him to one of the plants.:)

Are you sure he was praying? Maybe he was just rubbing his hands together like a little moneygrubber in antisipation of getting to your grow;)

Or, the dog is fast and he was holding on for dear life?
I measured the Thai SS and she grew again. Now, she is 80". There are at least a dozen stalks near the top, all going to be colas some year. Absolutely no signs of her budding. Man, I hope the rains are late this year, or I may have to build a greenhouse around her. The Mean Green is now 16.64 feet around

benny, anticipate those rains, you dont want water on those big thick buds toward the end. I lost a bunch of Caboose to mold due to rain. I am gonna have a clear plastic sheet to put up over my "cage". In case of rain or frost. They may all turn purple due to cold, but they wont taste purple.....I am going for a couchlock this year. ohyezzz....
thanks Sherwood, got to keep those pesky deer away from the girls.

420benny said:
Nice 4u! I wanna know what jr. thinks is growing behind him

The same thing my daughters do...I tell them its a HERB:p ..that way i no need to lie:giggle:...

all the plants are looking great...Sherwood..nice shot of that preyMant:aok: tcbud..glad to hear the deer are kept away..and you sound like you are wishing them into growth....sounding like the little engine that could:rofl: 420benny..any udate pic of that 17 foot green:D

and what about UKgirl420...are you feeling LUCKY:p :spit:

well here is my Caged Mother..Have a great weekend..stay safe..and stay HIGH:bong:

031.JPG

032.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

040.JPG

how about thickest stalk...these things look like baseball bats:giggle:

Latest posts