Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been here for 53 years and have heard the train a few times...I have lots of trees, some have names...the tree of the 4 sisters is close to by back porch which is glass...linda and I heard one of the 4 sisters touching the house during the storm years ago...suffice it to say the sisters got trimmed after the carnage...the bamboo and palms bend but the massive oaks stand in defiance but cannot win with 100 mph winds...this will be Ivan's first blow...

Nope, they’ve never replied and I found out online that they are a scammers delight. I ended up getting free beans for the $85 and God knows what the genetics are of those three beans. I will attempt to grow them just to see how bad I got hosed. This is the first time that I’ve been taken on the Internet for seeds and it will be the last. I will stick with the breeders that I buy from on a regular basis. I have never had a moments issue with greatlakesgenetics

Word karma is a ***** she will take care of it! But for me I've never been able to hold on to genetics. It seems the harder I try to every single time they get lost one way or another. So I grow what I receive and pass on what I can and the green God up there's always looked out for me when needed with her and......... the good folks on here I'll never run out of stuff to grow. I remember a while back well years back I had some trouble and received some Russian rocket fuel from someone and I tried and tried to hold onto that strain but nope it's gone...... But my biggest regret is losing the sour diesel strain be and a few local guys breed and rebreed and was the best example of sour diesel I've ever smoked with that distinct sour pine tree flavor and taste. That strain losing it is my biggest regret and I'm almost ashamed of losing it lol

It seems like this is a hobby of tracing the tail. If I could go back and keep the genetics that I let slip through my fingers for one reason or another, I would be a happy camper. Some of these new strains that are coming out are just unbelievable compared to the stuff we were growing in 20 years ago…

Have no idea how big they get. My first attempt at autos only got me four small tombstones. Two died horribly and two were so stunted I had to exterminate them.

But in a few days I will setup for autos and we will see what I have learned

As for seeds I bought several varieties from seedsman and Barney’s enough for 8 varieties. If I like autos I may buy other varieties
I like how easy they are with my busy schedule. It took me several plants to just get a solid yield. Biggest thing is in my opinion to give them nutes asap and do not transplant. Cartys thread is pretty helpful on the autos. He shares his experience and different techniques he has picked up along the way. Very knowledgeable and worth the read

how in the world did you remember I had 57 windows carty :confused: ...yeah, north of me looks to be getting the brunt of the storm...I got peoples up that way that are more than concerned...lots of water, 9' above high tide is what they're forecasting...the place is locked down and the boys and I are waiting for the freight train...
You don't forget a conversation like that bro.. you were on the lift putting them up while I was trying to figure out which way the storm was gonna go.. damn thing went back n forth and eventually came in by you.. People who don't live here do not realize just how narrow our state is... 2hrs to your coast from mine is nothing...
Glad it's missing us both dude...

Same here Carty, I’ll take luck any day of the week, but I will say I was prepared. Last night something hit the house and made a god-awful bang but I went out between rain storms today and couldn’t find anything. This was Ivan‘s first hurricane, and it didn’t seem to phase him in the least. I can’t remember if you ever got your hips taken care of or not. What’s the status on that? I’y would be nice to have your company here once again. It’s been too long…

Glad you both didn’t have any storm damage. It can be a nasty thing. Hurricane Michael was a mean sob and there are some places that you can drive for miles and every single tree is snapped in two ten ft off of the ground. It will take years to look normal again.

Same here Carty, I’ll take luck any day of the week, but I will say I was prepared. Last night something hit the house and made a god-awful bang but I went out between rain storms today and couldn’t find anything. This was Ivan‘s first hurricane, and it didn’t seem to phase him in the least. I can’t remember if you ever got your hips taken care of or not. What’s the status on that? I’y would be nice to have your company here once again. It’s been too long…
Mongo hates storms since the direct lightening hit on the other place.. poor dude was standing right by the window when it blew out... loudest bang I ever heard, hit my drip edge on my porch overhang... split a 4x4 post blah blah blah... so first time he hears thunder, to the bedroom... ahhh.. he used to watch storms with me on the deck..
Hips are done.. been a year on the left one and Oct 14th be a year on the right. Had them done 2mos apart and 2nd one left same day.. better drugs at home. lol. Between swimming and walking I do pretty good now.. muscles still need strengthening but he told me it would take over a year to start feeling right... the swimming is what really helps... Lost 60lbs to.. put 5 back on and holding for a year now..
I'll come visit if you finally have my Buick done... you know, the black one... hahaha. You still sporting around in your 350z? Or just the truck that cost more then my house.. hehe.
Glad we are both safe.. Trying to get ahold of Gardentroll who lives in Ocala area.. poor dude.

peace

important part is quality. Quantity should be sufficient to keep you stocked up. If those two goals are achieved, you are doing fine. I could do it with a single 2x4, but it would require almost, constant growing. I have two 2x4 and a 4x4, but rarely all going at once. Want the two 2x4 to be used for mother plants and veg, with flowering in 4x4. once the last stragglers from current grow finished, shutting down until after holidays....(right). Got plenty to smoke, plenty for hash pile.

Bubba
I like both. 😁

I’m glad to hear that. She finally got your hips done carty, I know how long you’ve been suffering with them and I’m glad to see that it’s finally behind you. So are you able to get around and get out now or are you still pretty much staying close to home? I still have the Buick and it sits in its spot when it’s not being driven. that is a bad car and has such a sinister look. You’ve got to meet Ivan, he is Mr. personality and such a fun, loving dog. He’s got quite a mean streak in him, he thinks he’s a bad dude… yes, I am still driving the super duty as that is my choice of transportation. I still have the 350 Z convertible but I feel much safer in the super duty. I’m looking forward to having you come over and meet young Ivan when you’re feeling up to it

I finally made it home from my road trip to pick up my new garden in a box. I handed off some of the strains that I wanted to keep to a friend and he kept them in good condition for me and now it’s my turn to get back on them…strains are royal limez, gorilla breath, zskittles x gorilla glue, chimera #3, and diesel x grape cream cake…all need training and larger pots which will be done in the next day or two… I was gifted a few varieties of the truffles strain which I am looking forward to popping shortly along with a few other strains I’ve been sitting on… it seems it driving a couple hundred miles is beginning to take the wind out of my sails…dang I’m not digging the aging game

Well, I finally got my tent up and all the venting done and for the last week everything seems to be looking fine. I’m growing five plants that were gifted to me from a friend as previously mentioned. The plants are looking quite happy as the roots are starting to find their way towards the pots, but they sure look like they could use a little bit of Epsom salts…

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpeg
    IMG_1997.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Well, I finally got my tent up and all the venting done and for the last week everything seems to be looking fine. I’m growing five plants that were gifted to me from a friend as previously mentioned. The plants are looking quite happy as the roots are starting to find their way towards the pots, but they sure look like they could use a little bit of Epsom salts…
Looking good.

Bubba

Thanks Bubba, it’s a far cry from where I’ve been, but I think I will get pleasure out of this little endeavor. I’ve got to figure out a little area to veg some beans in while these plants start to grow flowers.

Back in the saddle so to speak. God speed.

Latest posts

Back