Botanicare

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
Anyone use Botanicare Cal Mag Plus? I just ordered some the other day. For Nutes I am using Flora Nova Grow and Bloom.

i used it in my hydro set up. love the stuff

Read a lot of review and seems to be good. Figure I would give it a try.

I use if needed..but norm...in flower

:48:

I use it in flower. I have never needed it in veg.

I have some Xnutrients Cal-Mag .. haven't found a "need" for it yet, but just started flowering. I thought I had a calcium def at one point, so I bought it and fed it to them once. :D

My 3 plants that are budding are starting to get yellow dots on the leaves. So got this to see if it will help before it gets out of hand.

I use it, it works good takes care of them yellowing tips

Well it will be here today. So if it helps great. Do you use it during the complete flowering cycle?

I use calmag during the entire run...veg/flower. BUT, I also use R/O water, so I have to use it. If you are not usuing R/O water, then I would use it on the low end during Flower.

I use cal mag entire grows. I don't use botanicare tho. they use Iron EDTA in it. That **** is bad to smoke. Iron EDTA has formaldehyde and sodium cyanide and more in it. Yum Yum

I use GH for the most part, and went to GH's new calimagic. I had alot of issues using calimagic, and just went back to botanicares calmag.

As long as you flush correctly at the end of the cycle, I wouldn't trip on botanicares calmag.

If you read Rev's TLO book, he says avoid it. It doesn't flush out of the plant.

I use cal/mag starting the second week of veg until harvest. I have been using GH Calimagic for over a year now. What kind of problems were you having with the Calimagic NCH?

kal el said:
If you read Rev's TLO book, he says avoid it. It doesn't flush out of the plant.

IMO...he is wrong. I've seen his grows...I don't have much faith in anything that cat has to say. Remember my friend, it is only one mans opinion, not gospel. The true growers pumpin' dank don't write books...believe that.

Steve...I ran it for a few clicks also, about a year now too. It did OK, but I would still fight Ca/mg issues with it. Not real bad, but the mg def was allways present.
Mind you, I run CO2 elevated sealed rooms at higher temps, so the plants SCREAM for mg. The only way I got out of the issue with the Calimagic was to add epson salt to further increse the mg.
I should go further. The calmag issues I was seeing didn't effect all the strains, but most, mostly the OG's and Diesels, which I run alot of.

I went back to Botanicares calmag, and no more little issues. I still am finishing up a 6 gal calimagic in 1 room, so it wasn't like it was a show stopper, but if I can eliminate any issues, thats better for me.

I use it. I have DWC setup using tap water and botanicare nutes. don't use the cal-mag often. maybe every 3rd gallon. and i stop using it a week or so before i start flushing. just my experience. smoke turns out proper 99% of the time.

Thank you all for the input. I started using it this morning 1 tsp per gallon.

Sorry to hijack this thread but NCH I have noticed that certain plants that I grow seem to show signs of Mg def but thought that I was wrong since I was adding CaliMagic. I am hydro and I add the CaliMagic at 1 tsp per gallon. Should I try to up the dose or should I add some Epson salts?

stevetberry said:
Sorry to hijack this thread but NCH I have noticed that certain plants that I grow seem to show signs of Mg def but thought that I was wrong since I was adding CaliMagic. I am hydro and I add the CaliMagic at 1 tsp per gallon. Should I try to up the dose or should I add some Epson salts?

I know calimagic calls for 4 ml per gal. I went to 5 ml and it helped alittle, but some plants still wanted more, so that was when I added Epsom salt. You could give that a try.
My feeling is that GH needs to make a change to thier calimagic, and I have talked to the Rep about it and he stated that they were working on a new formula.
Remember, GH just started selling CalMag a little over a year ago, so they are still new. If worse comes to worse, switch back to another brand of Calmag if the problem persists.

Latest posts

Back