Brand New Room!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
Ok, so i am getting a new house here right away... WOO! I sold a bunch of my other equiptment for upgrading purposes... :D

i will have an oppurtunity to start from scratch!!... :rolleyes:

Although I have some of my own, I was hoping to get some ideas from each of you as to how YOU would set it up if you had a perfect space. (I am very visual, so paintbrush or good descriptions work best)

Here are the facts:

Space is totally empty about 7ft(l) x 7ft(w) x 8ft(h) to be spaced into 2 rooms. Enough room for each stage (every 3-4 weeks) so a perpetual harvest can be achieved.

I plan on using floros for my vegging cloning room, but i would need enough space vertically for my easy cloner (aero) (about 1.5ft tall).

Flowering room I will be using a 1000W HPS in cooltube. I am going to remove the reflector on the cooltube and add another, larger reflector.

I am using seperate container 12G buckets as individual bubblers. I bought a rediculous air pump that can run 12 x 12" stones very nicely (and yes i have tested it, its huge) :holysheep:

There are a few things I am not sure of... where is the best place to keep a carbon filter? up high correct... if so i could probably just keep it outside of the grow room and just make sure the room is sealed, which leads me to my next question. Will I need to inject some c02 into the room? would you??

anyway, i will et youa ll take over... Thanks... :eek:

Im putting my filters in the attic. Using 2. Running a pipe up in the attic, then using a T and splitting it 2 different ways so its on each end of the house.

Like what you got down though. Be waiting for you to settle in and start your journal.

Ill be watching, this is very similar to my room. i use a 7x7x7, but it is only one chamber as i dont have the money for mylar to divide it yet but i plan on doing so and adding a 400w for veg. i have a 1kw hps hanging in the center now and it is only good for about a 4-5 foot circle. dividing the room into a 2/5ths and 3/5ths area would benefit the light intensity too.

wat do you plan on using for odor control?

id say forget the c02
sounds like youll have 2 nice rooms to work with.
if you make one of those carbon filters
lemme know how it works i might need to build one
good luck man cant wait to see what happens.

i made my space in my grow room alot bigger,
and am going to put in another at least 250w hps along with the 400w.
I have mylar around all my walls and am digging it.
dont know why its said mylars expensive, it really wasnt for me.
picked a huge roll up from the hydro store, with a bunch of other supplies and my bill was like 40$ so it definitly was cheap.
:ciao:

i plan on buying a small size (about 3ft tall x 8" around) carbon filter.

i also plan on having the air exit out through the dryer vent outside... might jimmy up my own little filter and throw in a bunch of dryer sheets just for added measure...

the seeds i have have been known to grow upwards of seven feet tall after a 1.5 ft veg (mostly sativa)... with a 1000W i figure i should see some of those results!

so c02 is not a good idea? is it a difficult thing to add?
i have heard it can add a lot to your yield... i guess i am just worried about the sealed room... to maintain odor control and keep good c02 levels, wouldnt i need to add more???

If going to be sealed. I think you would need a air intake. Like when you pour gas out a gas can, if you dont have the little relief valve open, its hard to pour and just trickles out.
If exiting out the dryer vent, why not just run another line beside it that ends under the house for intake. (Im guessing your dryer line goes under the house first, instead of just being a hole behind the dryer to outside.) Doesnt have to be much. Just a little pvc pipe. Then you could seal the room off as hard as you want to inside the house with no problem.

co2 = substitute for poor ventilation.

dont waste your money, buy another fan. Air flow helps control humidity and exchanges the air around the leaves negating the use of co2.

take it for what its worth.

From everything that I have read CO2 just isn't worth it until you have maximized every other aspect of your grow.

well, i am not the type to be stingy on product... i mean, there are a few things that matter to me like, yield, effectivness, taste, resin production... if c02 will enhance this, i have no problem adding it and taking the time to learn about it.

there are also some tings that dont matter to me like, cost, difficulty...

but i will take your advice... anyone have c02 and notice a difference when it was added?

im owning a buddy of mine, he runs co2, i dont. Same exact strains.

just maximizing your lights footprint will get you more weight if thats what youre worried about. SOG:confused2:

yeah ok... thats all i really needed. the room isnt going to be huge so ventalation will be easy. :aok:

Latest posts

Back