Bringing it in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nascarr8cer

Flyin High Again
Reaction score
Hey there, i was wondering if it would b ok, if i brought my plant inside and finished the flowering indoors. All i have is floresent lights, its a sativa plant and have a while yet before its done. Been flowering for only 2 weeks. I'm i gonna stunt the grow of my plant if i bring it in? What type of florecent light will i need? Have no choice now since the weather at night is getting cold, gotta love Canada!!! Thanks Paul

yep you can bring her in ,,,not sure what kind of room you have for lightging

goodluck :48:

for sure yer ok to bring it indoors to flower... that's what I'm going to have to do with my sativa as well :rolleyes:

what type of florescents r u gunna b using?... 4' tubes?

for those, ya want the warm white tubes - those r the cheapest too :hubba:
just put as many lights in there as you can to surround the plant.

if ya got just one plant, I recommend you put yer lights standing on end around the perimeter of a closet with a light-proof door and put the girl in there... that's what I did with my 3 ULT mothers when I was vegging them over last winter

i'll probably be bringing mine in to finish too.. but this soon? is it getting that cold out there already?

i know Ontario hasn't had the greatest summer, but i thought you guys were getting/are in for some nice weather lately?
i'm sure you know when the time is right.. it just seems early to me remembering how last year was, when you guys got a late/prolonged summer (cause out west we were laughing at how poor your summer was.. then when we got the rain, you had nice sunshine)

*sory, no help. stoned and blabbering ;)

kaotik said:
i'll probably be bringing mine in to finish too.. but this soon? is it getting that cold out there already?

i know Ontario hasn't had the greatest summer, but i thought you guys were getting/are in for some nice weather lately?
i'm sure you know when the time is right.. it just seems early to me remembering how last year was, when you guys got a late/prolonged summer (cause out west we were laughing at how poor your summer was.. then when we got the rain, you had nice sunshine)

*sory, no help. stoned and blabbering ;)

Yeah we had a few night that have hovered around 0, so i'm getting worried now thats all. I really dont have the proper light and dont have the money to buy them. I have one i think 12inch white florencent and another one from a fish tank which has a tinge of blue to it. I was wondering if i could also use an Halogen 100 spotlight from G.E would that work????????

"I have one i think 12inch white florencent and another one from a fish tank which has a tinge of blue to it. I was wondering if i could also use an Halogen 100 spotlight from G.E would that work????????"

My experience says NOPE, that's not going to work, especially not for flowering.

so... u r going to bring them indoors... tell me just where you are going to put them... in an open room?... inset into a small/large bedroom closet maybe?... ???... knowing this, I can suggest a lighting setup... fer instance, if using a smaller closet of a bedroom - do like I suggest and get yerself as many 48" 2-tube florescent shop lights as you can (these lights, and the bulbs, and energy usage are by far the cheapest way to go and provide the most efficient use of a low wattage light, IMO, because they can bathe the plant in light THE WHOLE LENGTH OF A LARGER PLANT - you can completely enclose the plant in light if you place them on end, staggered around the plant - and they don't produce a hell of a lot of heat. Hell... you can even get them in 8' lengths if you wanted to put them in a large, walk-in closet with a high ceiling and have one monstorous mother plant in there :hubba:

granted, the buds will be pretty small cuz of the low light lummens... but... when sustaining mothers, like I was doing, this keeps the internode spacing incredibly tight (within an inch) and the plant very small - even a Sativa that is growing quite large outdoors right now.

k... I'm finished blabbering now... gunna smoke another joint:cool:

cili71 said:
"I have one i think 12inch white florencent and another one from a fish tank which has a tinge of blue to it. I was wondering if i could also use an Halogen 100 spotlight from G.E would that work????????"

My experience says NOPE, that's not going to work, especially not for flowering.

Halogens will not work for growing pot - or any incandescent light, for that matter...

only florescents, cfl's, LED's, MH, and HPS will work... and the sun:rolleyes:

That crazy vancouver guy said:
Halogens will not work for growing pot - or any incandescent light, for that matter...

only florescents, cfl's, LED's, MH, and HPS will work... and the sun:rolleyes:

Ok thanks, i think i'm screwed then, thats all i have for lights so, i hope the weather will stays good, thanks for all the help too Crazy Vancouver, you always help when i need it!!!!!

I'm telling ya, man... go to like a Home Depot or Revi or someth'n like that, and pick up some of those 4' florescents... they're cheap around $10 ... and don't forget the bulbs ;)

I'm telling ya, man... go to like a Home Depot or Revi or someth'n like that, and pick up some of those 4' florescents... they're cheap around $10 ... and don't forget the bulbs ;)

Ok thats not too bad price wise i thought it would b alot more!!! One more question, what kind of floresence bulb do i want like color and strength. And can you just plug them into a regular wall socket? Thanks again Crazy Vancouver Guy, you a great guy no matter whaT they say.lol

well... you can plug them into a regular plug outlet... but for that you need to use an extention cord and direct wire the light to it... just cut off the female end and splice the cord directly to the light with wire nuts/marrettes.

you should also pic up yerself a heavy duty timer... don't bother with a cheap timer, either... when you go bigger indoor, you will need a heavy duty timer

well... you can plug them into a regular plug outlet... but for that you need to use an extention cord and direct wire the light to it... just cut off the female end and splice the cord directly to the light with wire nuts/marrettes.

Gotcha, oh ya gonna but it in a small closet, i get alot of light in the bedroom as well so can bring it out for the sun that comes thro the window between 11 to 2pm then back to the closet when the sun passes. Thanks for the help again. All the best with your ladies as well, got any new pics if so send me the link.

you want the warm white bulbs, too... the regular 40w cheap cheap cheap rugular bulbs

yer gunna have to make that closet light proof, too ya realize...and set up some ventilation in there... this is totally different than outdoor... and there's gunna be quite a bit of smell too cuz yer in flower now too :eek: vegging indoors is easy, flowering indoors is a bit more involved.

hope ya live in yer own place... otherwise, nix the idea...this is a seriously commited hobby....

yer gunna have to make that closet light proof, too ya realize...and set up some ventilation in there... this is totally different than outdoor... and there's gunna be quite a bit of smell too cuz yer in flower now too :eek: vegging indoors is easy, flowering indoors is a bit more involved.

hope ya live in yer own place... otherwise, nix the idea...this is a seriously commited hobby....

Yeah its my own place, i have a spare room, gonna put it in the closet leave the door of the closet open, open window a bit and blow the air around. I have to put a lock on the room so the kids wont get in there, i'm gonna bring it in and out according to temperature, on the good days put it outside till dark then if it gets too cold i will bring it in for the day. So it just for emergency. Just gotta think ahead cause you know how the weather can b around here in October. I figure near the end of October it should b ready to harvest.

Latest posts

Back