Brown spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetfield_08

Reaction score
Can anyone help me here on this.Some of my lower leaves are getting brown spots and are kinda crunchy.

The plants are about 2 1/2 weeks old, i started them using the paper towl method and when they cracked they went straight into dirt in 16oz cups. I filled the cups about half full of dirt and then put 1 teaspoon of the bone meal in and mixed it good. I've only fed them twice so far, and I put 1 teaspoon of the epson salt in with the nutes in a 1 gallon jug.

The area im using to grow them in is 30"H x 14"W x 30"D
I have 2 13w cfl's, and two flouro bulbs, not sure of the wattage right now but it's no more than 30 im guessing.

If I left anything out just ask. Here's some pics of what im using and the plants, If I could afford to go any other way i would but moneys pretty tight at the moment.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

bone meal.jpg

Well i think they look pretty healthy imo ! But i doubt that you have you will have enough lumens as time goe's by ! It also looks as if they have nutes splashed on them ...maybe you had some on your fingers and touched the leaves ! Its also a good idea to use warm white and cool white flouro's together ! Given that your space is limited ..i would consider a 12/12 light schedule for them in the next 2 weeks and maybe apply some P and K nutes for flowering... yet you may also wish to consider LST to use all of the space available ! Its also advised to check your ph due to a lockout occuring this is the first thing to check 6.5 for soil !

i need to know what ph is as well..i run around 7.0 for my soils and 5.5 for hydro..good luck and keep us posted..

You're using MG soil with nutrients already added, and to that you've added bone meal (P), plus Epsom salt. I believe the MG soil has enough fertilizer, you shouldn't need to add anything else. And yes, what is the pH?

4u2sm0ke said:
i need to know what ph is as well..i run around 7.0 for my soils and 5.5 for hydro..good luck and keep us posted..

my nute mix along with the epson salt was about 6.8 . i'm using a pool tester with the drops so i'm not too sure how accurate it is.

Alistair Young said:
You're using MG soil with nutrients already added, and to that you've added bone meal (P), plus Epsom salt. I believe the MG soil has enough fertilizer, you shouldn't need to add anything else. And yes, what is the pH?

I'm not using any MG soil, just the plant food is MG, it's a brand called Ferti-Lome, and as far as i can tell from the bag, there's no nutes in it.

Ok, I just did a ph test on the runoff of one of the plants using rainwater.

Ph before:7.2
Ph after :6.2 (approx.) my tester doesn't go lower than 6.8 which was a dark yellow and the runoff was a bright yellow so it's more of a guess.

purplephazes i am starting to think you were right about maybe splashing some nutes on them. and it seems that it's not spreading anywhere so.... hopefully they'll be alright.

Latest posts

Back