bubbler to rockwool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
first time buble cloner here. I think i got a few clones ready to move to rockwool. They are starting to get the white bumps spreading viguroulsy on the stalks of the clones. i will be putting these in soil eventually but will start off with rockwool cubes for right now. i have the small inch rock wool cube that have the slit on the side where you can insert a clone.

SHould i let the roots grow out more beofre i put them in the rock wool or should i go aheead before the roots get long?

Man, why complicate things by messing around with rockwool if you are going to grow in soil?

Go to the search page and search for "Cloning" and review what is there.

In the meantime, let the roots grow real well, then transplant the clones directly into the potting soil.

Good smoking.

i wont be able to get dirt for another week or two. The rockwool should be enough for a weeks worth of healthy root growth.

So would have just letting them root in the water solution cloner..

Also for future use you might check out ALTERNATIVE TO ROCKWOOL in this section.

Good growing and even more importantly good smoking.

BlueA...leave them in a little longer....if ya transfer them now be sure to put dome over them ...and mist untill they take...also be sure to soak the cubes i PH adjusted water and squeeze out...I like to get roots started then split the cube in half and place roots in center and hold with rubberband...I lke t get the roots fishlike scale looking..then i use coco and soil...i found transfering from bubbler to straight soil that it seemed to heavey..and the coco seems to work for me...Give a shout if ya need any help..I been working these bubblers a while now....and getting beter..Hope this helps take care and be safe..

I like the coco, and soil mix to in a 16 oz cup, I have burned fresh clones up by adding them to soil too soon, specially a soil like FFOF that I use is a little hot. Once the plant has established itself in the coco/seed starting mix, then I transplant it into the soil.

DonJones said:
Man, why complicate things by messing around with rockwool if you are going to grow in soil?

Go to the search page and search for "Cloning" and review what is there.

In the meantime, let the roots grow real well, then transplant the clones directly into the potting soil.

Good smoking.
:yeahthat: why work so hard and complicate things and use rubberbands to hold RW together? well rooted clones will take the soil transplant very well

Latest posts

Back